LCD Dashboard display stopped working

Hello guys ..

yes i am the silent guy that never posts or replies, hehe ... what a leecher.

but today i decided to post this because i did search for a solution for this problem every where and did not find any place to discuss it.

so here we go.

the problem started when i was waiting someone inside my Skoda Fabia 2009 1.4 MPI. MT

and to pass some time i grabbed a small towel near me to wipe some dust on the Instrument panel and dash board

and tadaaaaa .. the LCD display went OFF as soon as i touched the plastic stick that used for reseting the milage and tuning the clock.

and i was like WTF ..

the lights were OK, the LCD panel was lit but no Text inside and no fuel guage to be shown.

after 2 days of thinking and searching i decided to take it off and see whats wrong .. well as you expect .. nothing "seems" wrong.

but when i removed the 2 large cables on the back of the panel .. and returned them back to where they were.

it started again .. the Display is running fine ..

im posting this in case someone is facing this problem.

Edited by Zakster
  • Like 1

i got my car since 9 months .. and did not face any issue that deserves a discussion.

this is a well built car from my opinion. and the most thing i like is the 14 km per litre fuel consumption ^^

• 7 years later...

My friend, my man, my hero Zakster!!!!

I was preparing for a holiday trip, and the last night before i leave, happened the same thing with you. Of course i was in shock with my bad lack. I speak with my mechanic and friend and he had never heard something like this before. Then, with great disappointment, i browse the internet for a possible explanation about the screen, and i stumble upon your post. I immediately went to my mechanic and told him to try your solution, and my god is witness IT WORKED!!!! Thank you very match my friend!! I know it is an old post, and i hope that you are OK and enjoying your life wherever you are.

Cheers from a friend in Greece :biggrin: