just bought a 51 plate fabia ( my first car ), need a little help with it

hello, 

i have just bought my first car i took my dad along with me as he is a vehicle driver and he checked the car over with me, 

i have noticed a few issues with the car i will list them here:

1. the radio has no power to it, but illuminates with the headlamp/sidelights

2. the central locking only the drivers side doors actually opens the doors, the passenger side you hear clicks and noises but it doesn't actually open/unlock but it will happily lock the car

3. the light inside the passenger door that shines when the door is open, i opened the passenger front door and the drivers side light up??? the passenger one didnt

4. the fan setting 1 does not function but all the others do

can anyone help with issues?

also can i program a flip key to the car with buttons i am unsure if it has the module for remote central locking 

thanks 

4. the fan setting 1 does not function but all the others do

Welcome to the site :)

Heater blower resistor. A common problem. You need to remove the glovebox which is only held with five screws. The resistor is behind there on the heater casing. Watch video :) ....

Ebay http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Heater-FAN-Blower-Resistor-VW-AUDI-A2-Fox-POLO-SEAT-IBIZA-SKODA-FABIA-Roomster-/111299742669?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item19e9fb4bcd

Skoda http://www.skodaparts.com/product/fabia-heater-resistor-2000-2013-35296

No probs.

3. the light inside the passenger door that shines when the door is open, i opened the passenger front door and the drivers side light up??? the passenger one didnt

Does the passenger one work when you open the driver's door? If it doesn't it's probably the bulb or bad connection.

The lighting on the radio is controlled by the vehicle lighting and not the radio if that makes sense? I would check for a blown fuse in back of the radio. If all ok then I would guess that the radio is fubarred and you need to replace it.

HTH

Keith

Edited by mrtibbs

The lighting on the radio is controlled by the vehicle lighting and not the radio if that makes sense? I would check for a blown fuse in back of the radio. If all ok then I would guess that the radio is fubarred and you need to replace it.

HTH

Keith

I took the radio out and replaced it, not im having other issues with my new radio as it's aftermarket and I turned it up to see how loud it can go and it cut out, I checked the radio fuse both in the ruse box and on the back and it's all working but the new radio seems dead

Search for a member who goes by the name of

'Actionman39' A Haynes Manual would be a very valuable asset as an aid to the maintenance, repairs and general 'getting to know your way around the car'.

I'd highly recommend buying one.

Best of luck with the fixes, they don't sound too serious in my opinion. Search for a member who goes by the name of 'actionman39'; he will be able to answer any questions regarding keys and will also be able to cut an programme you a second/spare key for a very good price if you ever needed one.

A Haynes Manual would be a very valuable asset as an aid to the maintenance, repairs and general 'getting to know your way around the car'.

Best of luck with the fixes, they don't sound too serious in my opinion.

JRJG

Search for a member who goes by the name of

'Actionman39' A Haynes Manual would be a very valuable asset as an aid to the maintenance, repairs and general 'getting to know your way around the car'.

Best of luck with the fixes, they don't sound too serious in my opinion. Search for a member who goes by the name of 'actionman39'; he will be able to answer any questions regarding keys and will also be able to cut an programme you a second/spare key for a very good price if you ever needed one.

A Haynes Manual would be a very valuable asset as an aid to the maintenance, repairs and general 'getting to know your way around the car'.

Best of luck with the fixes, they don't sound too serious in my opinion.

JRJG

hi guys thanks for all your help the radio is sorted not it the old unit is just dead, cranking up the volume blew fuse 10 haha i could have sworn i checked all the fuses radio is nice and working now just waiting on my facia and aerial adapter :) 

any one have any ideas on the central locking issue?? 

2. the central locking only the drivers side doors actually opens the doors, the passenger side you hear clicks and noises but it doesn't actually open/unlock but it will happily lock the car

Might be worth checking the wires that go through the rubber trunking between body and doors. I had a snapped wire on mine and it's happened to other people too.

http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/283328-fixed-my-central-locking/

Must of accidentally deleted part of my original reply:

*Actionman39' could be a good person to contact about the key/locking situation, he is a key cutter/key programmer and has a lot of experience in the locking systems in VAG (VW, Audi, Seat, Skoda), and other, cars.

Give him a pm explaining and see what he has to say. He is also the person you should get in touch with if you ever need a new or a spare key.

JRJG

Might be worth checking the wires that go through the rubber trunking between body and doors. I had a snapped wire on mine and it's happened to other people too.

http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/283328-fixed-my-central-locking/

hi there, thanks for the information went out to the car then to check and all the wires are intact :/ 

hi there, thanks for the information went out to the car then to check and all the wires are intact :/ 

Oh, well at least you've ruled it out :)

So you say only the drivers side doors react to the keyfob? Only 2 doors working then? Has the car been in an accident on the n/s?

You either need to reprogrammed the keyfob. Or take a look at the door locks

The car doesn't have key fobs it's then you stick the key in the door lock