Anyone have the "phonebox" option and can confirm the interior dimensions pls? length, width and depth.

I would like to know what if it's feasible to take a QI wireless charger and Samsung Galaxy S5 phone ontop.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Samsung-Wireless-Charging-Pad-Galaxy/dp/B00BUZUS10/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1398691525&sr=8-3&keywords=wireless+charger+for+samsung+s4

Cheers.

Not sure on the size of the charging pad but, I fit both (one on top of the other) my wife's & my Samsung Note in the phonebox which came fitted as standard on a March produced Elegance.

However, in a case the Note is quite a snug fit @ 150mm max dimension, if the charging pad is any longer than that it ain't gonna fit.

• Like 1

i tried this with the charging pad i got from ebay. it fits but not while connected as the mini usb lead sticks out quite far. 

I got round it by taking the pad apart and fitting the loop to my cradle. Shoddy job but it works!

i tried this with the charging pad i got from ebay. it fits but not while connected as the mini usb lead sticks out quite far.

I got round it by taking the pad apart and fitting the loop to my cradle. Shoddy job but it works!

yes I thought that may be the problem with the cable connection. Really needs to be smallest footprint including the cable. Any QI charger should work so need to look around. Cheers.

• 4 weeks later...

Big thanks to themanwithnoaim as the dimensions were spot on. Fitted the wireless charger with SG5 and fit's nice and snug and sliding cover closes up to the power cord. I used the original Galaxy box as a holder with a small hole to take the micro-USB connector (L shape for reduced space). Without the box the charger is not seated as only touching on the sides and does not bottom out. To be even better just needs a small foam spacer below to sit the charger onto then you are golden without the look of the box and easier to grab hold of the phone.

SG5 works prefectly as well, connecting via Bluetooth for phone, contacts, tunein radio, Spotify, etc. Also navigation works from the Columbus screen and steering controls to change track. With the phone in the phonebox you can also use the "Hi Galaxy" voice navigation which is much better than the Skoda VC (although only briefly tested the Skoda one)

Cheers.

Wj57s51.jpg

zwJ7Ttv.jpg

NUMq4Oy.jpg

Nice job there Steve, looks neat enough and works, glad to have been of help for a change. BTW is that a button or just a warning symblom for the TCS Off, if its a button it'd make it a ehole lot quicker to enable Launch Control. Hmmmmmmmm

Nice job there Steve, looks neat enough and works, glad to have been of help for a change. BTW is that a button or just a warning symblom for the TCS Off, if its a button it'd make it a ehole lot quicker to enable Launch Control. Hmmmmmmmm

It's just the button with the key in the ignition. All lite up but not active. When driving the button toggles the ECS and other functions. Needs a good push to activate, I guess for safety reasons, what you really want to turn it off? The status is visible on the dash as the button does'nt stay illuminated for on and off for deactivated or vice versa.

Edited by Steveh3

Oh Yeah, I can only turn it off through the screen which is slow

vRS and 4x4 cars have ESC Sport which is a two stage system, you can turn of ASR (as you can in regular cars via the infotainment) via a short button press, a longer press I believe puts it into sport mode where ESC is still on but reduces its sensitivity to allow for "sportier" driving.

The button is there of course to facilitate easy ASR and ESC Sport settings.

I believe on the Leon Cupra, S3 and Golf R the ESC can be turned off completely but if you did this on the road and had an accident expect you'd null and void your insurance.

Big thanks to themanwithnoaim as the dimensions were spot on. Fitted the wireless charger with SG5 and fit's nice and snug and sliding cover closes up to the power cord. I used the original Galaxy box as a holder with a small hole to take the micro-USB connector (L shape for reduced space). Without the box the charger is not seated as only touching on the sides and does not bottom out. To be even better just needs a small foam spacer below to sit the charger onto then you are golden without the look of the box and easier to grab hold of the phone.

SG5 works prefectly as well, connecting via Bluetooth for phone, contacts, tunein radio, Spotify, etc. Also navigation works from the Columbus screen and steering controls to change track. With the phone in the phonebox you can also use the "Hi Galaxy" voice navigation which is much better than the Skoda VC (although only briefly tested the Skoda one)

Cheers.

When you say Contacts and Spotify are working via Bluetooth: how well are they working? Do you get contact photos, album art and artist/title metadata displayed properly?

I've got the Bolero and whilst the basic functions of Contacts and Spotify work fine, the nice bits don't work yet (Nexus 5, KitKat 4.4.2).

Dave

Hi Dave, Yes no problem so far all works fine I can see all phone contacts, images and created favorites. For spotify I get the track details, album cover and navigation controls from the Screen and steering wheel. For Tunein I get the Radio channel, buffering counter and for supported stations the extra information image. I have stock android.

Below is the view from Spotify, same as you get from the built in music player which starts from the left side wheel controls. I have Advanced Audio Distribution Profile (A2DP) checked in the bluetooth settings. For screenshot of Tunein and the 3G signal I need to get the car out of the nuclear bunker. So far it's better than I expected so v. pleased. Coolio.

U1sC7it.jpg

• 4 years later...

Hi!

Restoring this topic from years back. I don't know if there's an answer for this somewhere else, but Google found this thread.

I've ordered a new Octavia with the Phone Box hoping for less hassle with cables. Now I assume my current Samsung Galaxy S7 would fit in the Box but now I need to upgrade my phone before I get my car. As phone sizes have increased yearly I'm afraid that I'm paying for that option for nothing if new phones don't fit there. I've tried to as Skoda, but for some reason they don't seem to be able to give me an answer.

I also found this page (air-charge) which suggests that two years back "normal" sized phones like Galaxy S8 would fit, but the Plus sized phones would not. Still the page says that phablet sized phones are incompatible and Wikipedia lists even my S7 into this category.  These images (phoneInBox1, phoneInBox2) from Skoda don't really raise hopes as one phone looks like the S7 and seems a really snug fit and the other looks really old (and small) like even an S2 leaving a bit more space there. 

I don't really need the plus sized phones so that's not a problem. I would want a confirmation that for example the normal S9 fits there and will also charge itself and not be so tight fit that it wouldn't go all the way to the bottom of the box and therefore not charge.

Does anyone know the dimension or can anyone measure the dimensions of their box for me :) I could still cancel the Phone Box option if modern phones are incompatible.

- Mikko

• 2 months later...

I'll answer to my self if this would help anyone. I now got the car with the phone box and I didn't accurately measure the box as it is quite a tight space, but it was over 15 cm wide, maybe under 16 cm though. So as an example Samsung Galaxy S10 fits there easily. with covers.

phonebox_measure.jpg

Edited by Lupa