Octavia Vrs Cambelt

Hi all.

After reading a lot of horror stories on here and elsewhere I was just wondering when to get the cambelt changed on my 2006 Vrs (56 plate and I believe its the TFSI engine).

I don't know much history on the car but it has full service history (99% skoda or skoda approved) and I have only had the car 6 month.

I don't do much mileage in it, its a 7.5 mile trip to work and it only has 46,300 miles on the clock.

So my question is, when would you think about changing the cambelt & pump etc... would it be worth waiting till the 60k mark ? as I have seen that mentioned a fair bit. By the looks of it, my car has been very well looked after in the past, what with full service history.

Thanks

As your car is built before 2010  skoda uk recommend the timing belt is replaced every 4 years or 60,000miles. I would advise you to  get the water pump replaced at the same time. On this basis your car is due its 2nd belt change.