Stumbled across this thread for people like me who are trying to code xenons without shutters on there early Octy buy have not got long code helper option byte 3 bit 4

http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthread.php?3986819-HELP-Xenon-without-shutters-option-not-available-in-VagCom/page2

basicly in simple terms what it is saying is disable cold lamp diagnostic then go to byte 3

Go to 3) which has all the boxes with 2 digit numbers init and the 4th box from the left will have a 2 digit number init (will differ from what options you have ticket atm)

And add 10 onto that number

So for example if the number there is 21' then +10 and write 31 and then check if the car accepts the coding

I will be trying this tommorow and keep you informed wish me luck

Edited by DanialA11

Ok slight problem I fitted a non canbus dc 35w kit

defiantly was a non canbus kit as the ballast only had one black block where as I been told canbus have 2

So once fitted turned ignition on but there was no bulb error light started engine still no bulb error

So I still went along and installed the xenons and also turned cold lamp diagnostic off and on byte 3 I added 10 onto the hex

Think I'll be ok ?