02 fabia 1.4hpi low power.

jer1980

Hi everyone i am new to this site and a 1st time owner of a fabia.

We have an 02 fabia 1.4hpi and it doesnt seem to have much guts we come to a hill n it goes sluggish.

even tho its only 1.4 engine i expected more power than its giving.

Once she gets up to speed she cruises beautifully but its those damned hills and getting up to speed any help would be fantastic.

If you mean the 1.4 MPI (8V OHV rather than the 1.4 16V) they are never the fastest, but are designed to be cheap.

Not knowing the mileage, id try giving it a service, checking spark plugs etc.

Perhaps fitting a new timing chain, they are a small chain but do go slack over time, just replacing it is a massive improvement.

Other than that, checking for faults such as Lambda/O2 sesnors, MAP and Cam position sensors etc. Currently my MPI, has a faulty lambda sensor, its floats along ok, but its gutless under acceleration because the lambda sensor is always causing a lean condition in the engine.