Mk1 Octavia VRS 53Reg 79K low mile standard example

nicholas_yiu

I am selling my weekend car as I had it for too long and fancy a change. I have gone for something less practical and slightly more exciting (Accord Type R).

I don't think I need to introduce the Mk1 VRS too much. I have driven all 3 versions, I would say Mk1 is the most involving to drive with the expense of having less power and less refinement.

Here are a few pictures. They are a bit old but I will be cleaning it ready for sale in the next few days and will upload some more pictures then.

4yPAkG.jpg

O1uzlb.jpg

tkvt2z.jpg

pFqauC.jpg

I have owned this since January 2012 when it had 66K on the clock. It has full service history up to 61K. It only ever had V-Power in it as I treat it as my pride and joy. It is also completely standard except I had some aftermarket "invisible" parking sensors fitted.

Since I had it, it has been service by myself annually using OEM filters and Castrol Edge 5W30. The only reason I do it myself is because I do not trust garages.

I was involved in training dealership mechanics of a particular automotive manufacturer and I literally been scarred by their attitude and lack of knowledge. That is a whole story of its own.

Other Work done to it since I had it:

Cambelt/tensioner/waterpump at 66K in 2012

4X Goodyear Eagle F1 AS2 fitted in 2012 (worn evenly to around 6mm as they are rotated annually when I service it)

New Bosch Silver battery fitted in 2012

Vacuum hoses/MAF sensor (OEM) replaced in June 2012 (common cause of rough running)

Spark plugs and Coil packs replaced (OEM) in June 2012 (Coil packs done on recall, common failure)

Oil pick up replaced in June 2013 (Common cause of turbo failure, done as a preventative measure)

All brake disks and pads replaced in June 2013 with OEM. Brake and clutch fluid done at the same time. (Pads still nearly new)

Rear springs, front anti roll bar bushes and drop links done in June 2014 (all common failures)

Paint work in generally good condition, front has stone chips and some scratches to the bottom of the front splitter (it does has low ground clearance) and a few tiny dents on the door from car parks. I would say quite good for a 12 year old car.

Bad points:

Small crack on near side wing mirror (hardly noticeable)

Slightly faded rear spoiler

Minor scrapes on 2 alloys

Otherwise, everything works as it should and no consumables need replacing any time soon. MOT till Jan 2016. Test drive welcomed (need to arrange your own insurance)

Wanting £2800, offers welcomed

Let me know if you are interested. I am based in Reading

Edited by nicholas_yiu

• 2 weeks later...