Air con

My air con works and chills the air. I don't know wheteher it works as well as it should though.

I have service history with the car, but there is no mention of any re-gassing or any other work being carried out on the air con.

So two things really, is there a temperature that the system should drop the temperature to? Or, is there a margin from ambient that it should reduce by?

Thanks fellas.

It could just be low on gas. I had mine regassed last year and it has had no problem keeping me cool in the recent hot weather. I haven't measured any temperaures but then I've not had the need to. I set it at about 18-19ºc which is fine, any lower and it just gets too cold. In warmer weather it helps to use the AC with re-circ mode on to cool the car down quicker and reduce the load on the evaporator.

Edited by Dazza95

^ Agree with the above.  Both Fabias I have had need a regas every two years.  Neither have ever been flagged for leaks either despite paying for tests so I would say if it gets cold, but not cold enough, re-gas it.

Other common problem is the evap sensor goes but you wouldn't get cold air and a fault code would be logged.

Thanks fellas.

Like I said, it gets cold but I don't know if it's as cold as it should be. I'm in Spain, so it might struggle a bit and having knowledge of what temperature drop (in specific terms) I could expect would be better than my - it feels like - test.

I will have a look at the local "Halfrauds" and see what they can offer