Dezent alloys vs Minoris for winter (16")

Sec8200

Hello,

as the topic points, I'm going to have Dezents as second set. And now thinking which ones to use for winter set?

Price wise - Minoris looks like more expensive 

Not sure what is the durability of both when there is salt and chemicals on the street for the ice and snow.

Tyres will be 205x55x16, maybe with rim protection (Continentals or Dunlop)

Skoda OEM alloys are known to be good. I have used Skoda alloys in winter conditions with luck. In my part of the world they live a harsh life, in salty slush and snow.

I have no experience with Dezent. But I have seen lots of examples of cheap aftermarket alloys which deteriorates quickly. Generally I think it is best to avoid laser-cut, (two-one) alloys.

Of course, it depends on how you treat your alloys. Any scuffing, kerbing or scratching may lead to paint delaminating. Tyres with rim protection is recommendable.

Anyway, an easy to keep clean design is an advantage, because it is especially important with frequent washing during the winter season to keep alloys in good condition. And polishing.....

Edited by fatzy