Weights

Just seen the practical caravan review. This car is not great for towing, just about every 4x4 and many others beat it weight wise. Only the most powerful engine can tow 2500 kg, but in UK it is only available in 7 seat which drops it down to 2000 kg. Also 7 seat mode drops nose weight down to 80 kg from 100 kg and roof capacity is only 75 kg. For such a large 4x4 it is disappointing. Yet I love this car looked at tiguan and ateca and interior and already run a new sorento and the interior beats all hands down apart from the last 2 seats in the sorento which are better.

So, does anyone know in reality why the weights drop for the 7 seat version.  Obviously, the addition of two small back seats dont increase the cars weight by 500kilo, so why the drop in 500 kilo to the tow weight.  Same with the nose weight...  two little seats in the back are not going to alter the affect in the rear suspension and i doubt the rear suspension components are different. A trip to B&Q and a couple of bags of sand in the boot would be no different.

Are they applying these lower limits in the assumption you may be carrying extra weight in the form of rear passengers ?  If so, why...  It is fair to say if you have the back seats up and a couple of people sitting in them, you now are very limited in rear cargo payload.  I am sure that when we go away with the caravan, the weight of the gear in the car added to the  two dogs in the boot of around 40 kilos, will be at least as much as a couple of rear most passengers would be.  I would be very interested to see the reasoning behind this anomaly, it may be there is a valid reason I am not aware of.  anyone ?