Removing door sill trim for wiring

Does anyone know how to remove the door sill trim?  I would like to run cabling from the boot of the combi up to the driver's side footwell.

Anyone that has fitted electrics for the towbar, or an amp or sub in the boot will have had to do this.

I've done it to fit towbar wiring. The sill trims that go under the doors inside the car just pop off. I recommend you buy a trim removal tool to avoid damaging the trim or clips.

Be warned, the b pillar trim is a b&stard to get back on thanks to the rear seat air vent in the upper trim.

Good luck.

• Like 1

I never managed to get the pillar B trim all the way off but I was able to move it enough in the end to pull the cables through with some yellow tongue.  The B-pillar vents take up a lot of room under the door sill trim leaving very little cable space.

rearSide.png

pillarBtrim.png

pillarAtrim.png

• Like 1

Spent an hour on this today. Looks like I will need to feed the cables via the boot side trim, and to get the trim off it looks like the rear seats will need to come out. What a pita!

And it's just started raining!