Everything posted by Zukabak
-
Satnav app with speed warning and lane guidance
Waze, Google Maps, Apple Maps all have that functionality.
-
'Chrome' trim on external door panels - removable?
Excellent news, should be an easy enough job to whip it off then.. thanks!
-
'Chrome' trim on external door panels - removable?
I'm looking to either paint/wrap or ideally remove the chrome trim that runs along the lower swage lines on the doors.. before I get the trim removal tools and heat gun etc out, does anyone know if they're just glued on or stuck on with awful plastic rivets that'll leave holes in the bodywork?
-
Skoda Superb 2 - 2014 front grill (honeycomb)
There isn't one. I wanted one for my none facelift model and nobody makes one. I spoke to a UK company who would make one based on my car then sell them, but they wanted over a grand to set up the tooling.
-
Superb 2 16in Spectrum Alloy repair?
A lot of places will turn them around in a day if you're there early doors.
-
COLUMBUS HEAD UNIT
I don't think you can get it to tell you if there's cameras coming up (depends on the map software) but avoiding tolls etc is just a journey option in the unit, which it definitely does have.
-
Superb 2 16in Spectrum Alloy repair?
I've done it before and got a very good result from just 1k rattle cans - Ford Moondust silver if I remember was a great match for OEM wheel silver. Honestly though, I wouldn't bother again unless I had no money and lots of time.. It took about two days to prep the wheels (mega important for a good job that will last more than a winter), then about the same to wait for the paint, lacquer coats to dry etc. It also cost me about £80 in materials, decent Upol lacquer, sandpaper in various grits etc.. so you just have to decide if you'd be better off spending £60 a wheel to get them professionally acid bathed and powder coated (including removing/refitting tyres) Especially as it's going to be a better job than you'd ever do yourself!
-
Amundsen MIB STD2 infotainment system with Android in Superb II
8012.. to be fair to the seller, he also double checked which one to send: ******************* Hi Tony, Thanks for checking. Mine is a Skoda Superb 2 with 92mm trunk handle, it has the 15mm electrical connector. Read 17/09 08:50 Yeah, is 8012, fit. Thank you for your confirmation, we will ship it as soon as possible.
-
Amundsen MIB STD2 infotainment system with Android in Superb II
I used this one - great quality & direct fit. https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32867335459.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.721a4c4dIA0n8K You'll be pleased to know you only need to remove the rear hatch plastic and (depending how you route the RCA cable, I went along the roof lining and down the A-pillar) the side panel on the dash which just pops off!
-
Amundsen MIB STD2 infotainment system with Android in Superb II
You can't get the MFD to display the Carplay/Android Auto info by default, but it might be possible if you upgrade the MFD and some other modules etc, but it really doesn't bother me at all. It's an estate, makes a world of difference. Straight install into the existing boot lock too so looks completely factory.
-
Amundsen MIB STD2 infotainment system with Android in Superb II
Yep, I had to recode the PDC bit to 30800E to get the camera to show, it wasn't enough to enable it via byte 17 in 5F. Might eventually pick one up from a breakers etc then at some point, but won't let it bother me for now. Ta for clarifying.
-
Amundsen MIB STD2 infotainment system with Android in Superb II
Ah.. arse. I assume you can't just flash a module via VCDS? To be honest, it's not a massive issue anyway as the camera's clearly better than the graphic and I still have the beeps etc.. but I just like to have everything working as it should, you know?
-
Amundsen MIB STD2 infotainment system with Android in Superb II
Ok, so I managed to spend an hour or two today installing one of China's finest trunk handle low line reversing cameras (surprisingly good for £16!!) and coded it up via VCDS. It all works as it should, however I don't have the option to show the PDC overlay on the camera feed, the camera has essentially replaced the Yeti PDC graphic. I do have a little 'right arrow' icon on the left of the screen, but pressing it does nothing at all. The right hand options for brightness, contrast etc all work fine. Any ideas?
-
3 booster seats in the back of a superb
Can't see it happening. I've got two, and don't think I'd squeeze a third in.. but most booster seats say not to use them in the centre position anyway.
-
"easy" mods for 2.0 TDi CFGB engine?
Sorry, typed strut brace without thinking, when I actually meant rear ARB. Just Google 'whiteline ARB' and you'll see them fitted.
-
"easy" mods for 2.0 TDi CFGB engine?
Rear strut brace made a bigger difference to mine, cured a lot of the 'floaty' rear end the estate has.