Everything posted by Colin170CR
-
280 losing coolant
I checked the coolant level today 3 weeks after the warning light originally came on & I topped it up. The level looks OK & there are no visible signs of any leaks from on top or underneath. So on that basis I guess some more observation is required over the coming weeks before I need to take any action.
-
280 losing coolant
Yep. That's my plan for now at least. I plan to have a look today.
-
280 losing coolant
Thanks for all the comments & apologies' for the delayed response - I forgot to do the follow topic button doh!! Ouch! Sounds like an expensive fix. I'll keep an eye on it & in the meantime I'll get a quote from a couple of local VAG independents. Bang goes my first ever state pension payment ☹️
-
Anyone dead set on Sportline estate, but then changed to an L&K and glad you did ?
When I was looking for a 2nd hand petrol Superb estate in 2018 to replace my old Mk2 Superb 170TDi Elegance I wanted a Sportline. However, I also wanted the 280 engine, 4 x 4, leather, heated front windscreen, DCC, heated seats etc. This pretty much ruled out the Sportline. 280's in any guise were as rare as hens teeth at the time I was looking but I eventually found a 2.5 year old 2016 66 plate L&K 280 estate in Black metallic with 22k on the clock. It had no rear camera or sunroof but apart from that it had everything else I could want plus a few things I didn't need - park assist (never used) & lane assist (turned off the day I got it). It was a quick car as stock but I added a Revo stage 1 remap (360BHP) & now my "under the radar dad's" car now has a real turn of speed when needed. A hugely practical & capable car which I will probably keep for a while yet. And, according to Autotrader used car prices, I reckon I could now get very close to what I paid for it back in May 2018!! Amazing.. So am I glad I went for an L&K over a Sportline? Oh yes.
-
What have you done to your Karoq today?
1, & 3 arrived & fitted - pics & write up elsewhere in this thread. Interior LED bulb kit arrived today but not yet fitted. Handy that they have labeled each set of bulbs. I'm still waiting for the gas strut kit for the bonnet.
-
What have you done to your Karoq today?
My rear wheel arch fenders arrived & have been fitted. Before fitting them I hosed down the inside of the wheel arch to remove as much crud as possible - not enough as it turned out. NOTE - there are 3 (not 2) existing wheel arch liner screws with T20 heads which can be re-used for fitting the liners. Despite spending time feeling around blind I nearly missed one screw at the 11 O'clock position - top hole. It was hiding in a different position / angle to the other 2 screws & covered in crud. More washing required to expose it & get the T20 bit into the head of the screw. Forget about using the crosshead screws & angled screwdriver thingy supplied with the arch fenders - useless. You need a T20 bit to get the OEM screws out so just re-use them. Getting the existing screws out & back in without taking the wheel off will require the use of an right angle adaptor or flexy drive for a hand held driver. Even then it was still a bit of a faff accompanied by lots of swearing & skinned knuckles. Getting the screws back in while holding the liner in position while feeling for the screw holes in a tight space was not easy. In hindsight it would have been much easier to take the rear wheels off but I just couldn't be bothered to break out the jack & impact wrench et all. Any ho, all fitted now & these liners should help to keep crud building up on the inside rim of the rear doors which apparently seems to be a bit of a Karoq problem. My Karoq doesn't have wheel arch cladding so I was a bit worried what these new fenders would look like. As it turns out they look fine, to my eyes at least. For £17.83 incl delivery & Vat they are a good buy & something that is functional rather than just aesthetic. A recommended upgrade for all Karoq owners I think. I was feeling quite chuffed until the wife announced that she had just curbed the front alloy!!!!! That's going to be a £80 bill for a refurb. Hey ho.
-
What have you done to your Karoq today?
I'm all "flocked up" as well!! My kit arrived the other day. I have to say installing them into the door pockets was not a breeze. Quite difficult in fact. Super sticky panels have the backing paper peeled off bit by bit to avoid it sticking to itself as you wrestle it into position. It's a real pain to separate if it sticks together. That said no wrinkles can be seen on mine unless you look really closely in the corners. The centre console was much easier. All in all a good result & no more annoying rattles from loose items in the door bins.
-
Dash Cams
I got a Azdome DC from Amazon + a hard wire install kit. Good enough for what I need & at a reasonable £75.
-
What have you done to your Karoq today?
I have ordered a set of these rear fenders from AliExpress which are in transit at UK customs 🤞 . These also show 3 fixing points but I haven't checked the car yet to see if it has 2 or three fixing points. I will document them when received. I have also got some gas bonnet struts coming as well. More info on both in due course.
-
What have you done to your Superb III today?
Not a 4 x 4 then.
-
280 losing coolant
I had a low coolant error flash up the other day (first time ever). Checked coolant level & it was a bit low. Topped it up & will keep monitoring. Question is where has the coolant escaped from? No obvious signs of any leaks. Mileage is 52,500 & next service is away off. Does the 280 have a weep hole in the water pump to indicate a new pump is required?
-
What have you done to your Karoq today?
I ordered my Karoq mud flaps from a Skoda Dealer in Ireland - here Karoq Mud Flaps At 35.00 Euro for front & back + shipping they are a good price compared with elsewhere. Only the front Mud Flaps are different for cars with or without the plastic wheel arches. The rears seem to be the same for both.
-
Rear Cigarette lighter to USB conversion
Yep. That's what I have now. Just wondered if anyone had done this conversion. As Routemaster1461 said USB-C is becoming more common so a bunch of cig lighter to USB / USB-C adaptors may be the way to go after all.
-
Rear Cigarette lighter to USB conversion
Not sure about a USB-C version of this but I assume that it will always stay live as it's using the same wiring loom to connect to. Maybe its low price is because it's an older style USB version? After thinking about this I may just stick with the plug in USB to cig lighter adaptors that I'm currently using (front & back) & find a USB-C to cig lighter adaptor to swap to if needed. This keeps the cig lighter which I still need for a 3-pin 240v inverter gadget & an air compressor I have. On the other hand there is another cig lighter in the boot. Decisions decisions!
-
Rear Cigarette lighter to USB conversion
Has anyone converted the rear centre arm rest cigarette lighter in the Karoq to USB's with one of these kits on AliExpress? OEM Rear Seat USB Socket Armrest adaptor Currently they are listed at £17.25 + Vat which is tempting.
-
What have you done to your Karoq today?
Do you mean Mud Flaps or wheel arch cladding? I do have mud flaps all round which I fitted last year. My Edition Karoq 4 x 4 does not have any wheel arch cladding fitted - surprisingly. Apparently there are different types of mud flaps for Karoq's with & without the wheel arch cladding. The rear wheel arch fenders I'm getting will fit on the other side of the rear mud flaps (in the arch behind the rear doors) so there is no way they will interfere with the fitted mud flaps which are fitted to the rear bumper arch.
-
What have you done to your Karoq today?
Thanks for that. It was your post that prompted me to look at them after a rattling noise coming from a loose object in one of the rear doors started to get on my nerves. My L&K Superb has felt liners in the door pockets as standard so I was a bit surprised that our Edition Karoq didn't have them. Same as the absence of gas struts on the Karoq bonnet which my Superb also has. More cost cutting I guess.
-
What have you done to your Karoq today?
I am in your debt for this Ali Express lead. I just hope I don't break any clips getting panels off!!
-
What have you done to your Karoq today?
A bit of Auto retail therapy was needed so I did a bit of Ali Express shopping today. 4 x Door pocket liners https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005002142265168.html?spm=a2g0o.9042311.0.0.6f324c4du1Nj6L Interior & boot LED bulb upgrade pack - white https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005002352543704.html?spm=a2g0o.9042311.0.0.6f324c4du1Nj6L Rear wheel arch fenders - to protect rear door muck build up. https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005003186273966.html?spm=a2g0o.9042311.0.0.6f324c4du1Nj6L Gas struts for bonnet https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32878154069.html?spm=a2g0o.9042311.0.0.6f324c4du1Nj6L It will be a few weeks before all this stuff arrives but I'm looking forward to fitting it all. Will take some pics & make comments when the time comes.
-
Mudflaps
I fitted flaps to our Karoq & they do help a bit. However, being white it's not too long before it shows every spec of dirt. I bought mine from an Ireland dealership - cheaper than UK dealers. There are some others available online from Amazon & like that will be cheaper still. I bought some mud flaps from from Amazon for my Superb a while ago & they were fine & only £23 incl delivery. Worth waiting for. I'm also looking at some rear inner wheel arch protectors for our Karoq to prevent the build up of crap inside the rear door (bottom rear edge) which I believe is a known problem. These are type of thing I'm looking at on Ali Express Karoq rear inner arch fenders Has anyone had any experience with these?
-
What have you done to your Superb III today?
Nope. My 66 plate L&K 280 combi had very dim Halogen tailgate bulbs. I replaced the existing bulbs with LED's. I looked at Super Skoda / Kopacek replacement units ones but decided they were too expensive. I used the extra bulbs in my 10 pack to replace the door opening bulbs as well although these may be a tad too pink-ish now due to the higher light output but I'm OK with that. I have also replaced the reversing & turn signal lights at the rear as well (different bulb type) as the OEM bulbs were a bit weak IMO. Newer Superb models probably have all LED lights now.
-
What have you done to your Superb III today?
I found some replacement LED bulbs on Amazon for my combi tailgate that worked fine. 10 pack currently on sale for £20.36. No errors or issues & Canbus friendly. Still going strong 2 years on. LED bulbs
-
What have you done to your Superb III today?
Try Amazon. I got these mud flaps in 2020 for my Superb. Took a while to arrive but for £19.53 total for front & rears + £3.85 shipping well worth the wait. Good quality too. https://www.amazon.co.uk/Viviance-Front-Flaps-Mudguards-Superb/dp/B07MK1V521?pd_rd_w=6DOnN&pf_rd_p=d1220330-4dd1-4881-a27f-adee1db7e7f2&pf_rd_r=26GH4ZK67CHV3MW6QQNN&pd_rd_r=9f5e3b39-cfac-47a2-98c7-fe8465c61e65&pd_rd_wg=HNgBi&pd_rd_i=B07MK1V521&psc=1&ref_=pd_bap_d_rp_1_i Alternatively try Skoda parts Ireland 17.35 euros for front & same again for the rears + 7 Euros for shipping. https://www.skodapartsireland.ie/category/mudflaps5
-
What have you done to your Superb III today?
Seems to be a common problem. OEM wipers on all Skoda, & probably all other other VAG group, models are crap. I had to do the same with my wife's Karoq. Bosch front & back from Amazon at a reasonable price.
-
E10 petrol!! ahhhh
I filled up our Karoq 1.5TSi 4 x 4 with Tesco Momentum 99 0ctane for the first time the other day to see if it makes any difference vs E10. I've not driven it since as it's my wifes car but according to her it's a bit "livelier". I'll keep an eye on the mpg / range figures & see if it feels any different when I get the chance to drive it next.