Everything posted by tintinandcharlie
-
Time to change
So I put my VIN in, and it's come back with "Dear Customer, the service action for your affected VIN is already available. Please, do not hesitate to contact your service partner to complete this action." Does this mean (hopefully) that the fix has not yet been applied? T
-
Maximum Tyre Size
I have become the owner of a 2013 Yeti 170. Am I correct in my understanding of the quoted post that my car has XDS available through VCDS? Thanks. T
-
Mirror folding and window opening problems
Apologies for resurrection of an old thread. Here again to benefit from the font of Skoda knowledge found on this fab forum. Idiot question class 101: Is it possible either through Maxidot or VCDS to set the door mirros to fold automatically upon locking (ie: to link the two functions) without having to resort to the longer (or second when remotely closing windows) press-hold of the key fob? Cheers. T
-
Skoda PR Code / Factory Option Decoder
I'm keen to know about Trailer Hitch Preparation on a Yeti I'm looking at, so from here: http://www.vag-codes.info/vag-option-codes it would seem that I should look for one of the following: 1D7 1D8 1M1 1M5 1M7 Does the label in the boot show ALL options fitted to the vehicle? If not, how would I know? The VIN is TMBME75L3D6080556. Thanks. T
-
Missing heated seats Yeti Elegance
Thanks for your input, I'm gonna leave it. T
-
Missing heated seats Yeti Elegance
This one.... http://www.autotrader.co.uk/car-details/202101158005128?atmobcid=soc3 Happy to be informed of other missing items too. T
-
Missing heated seats Yeti Elegance
Are heated seats standard on 2014 Yeti 170 Elegance? A car I'm looking at doesn't appear to have them, as the switches are missing from the HVAC panel. Other AWOL things appear to be folding mirrors, USB port, TPMS... Any suggestions welcome. T
-
Is it a 140 or a 170?
So did we get anywhere with gen2 visual identifiers that would be visible in photos of adverts where engine output isn't mentioned?
-
Any guides on cambelt change - 2ltr TDi PD BMM Octavia Scout ?
I know it's an old topic, but mine's due, and I'm interested in how you got on. Is there a guide/video or do you have any tips? Would the old 'slit the old belt down the middle' trick work? I know this doesn't get around the tensioner and water pump replacement....
-
Oxfordshire
Old topic I know, but A417 is good carrying on to Lechlade
-
Is it a 140 or a 170?
Still looking for the red X and DI on Gen1, not 100% on an absolute identifier for a Gen2 170 if there is one. Bit Canadian, sorry. Also quite keen to improve the ride when I get one, don't suppose you might have the part numbers to hand for that particular springs and dampers combo? Heard good things about both, want them when the original ones head west. And how old is old? I'm into my 🤫 6th decade now and don't regard myself as anywhere near that. 37 seemed like my prime (!), so I'll stick with that. (Mentally I'm still a 12 year old sometimes, especially when riding a bike or toilet humour is involved.) 😐
-
Citigo driver's seat height compared with UP!
So, Dad has decided that Mum wants a Citigo, despite the 'minor' issue of her not being able to get high enough on the driver's seat without a cushion (which rather defeats the capability of heated seats). She is petite and struggles to see over the instrument binnacle without the cushion. Prior to this, as an interim she has borrowed my sister's 2012 UP! which seemed to have a higher seat/greater range of height adjustment, and has thus been able to enjoy a warm posterior on cooler mornings whilst being able to see adequately over the cowl. Does anyone know if it is actually an extended adjustment range on the VW that provides this extra height, or a taller/deeper/thicker cushion on the seat base frame, or different hardware between the seat frame and the floor? If the latter, could it be fitted to the Citigo in lieu of the standard metalwork? I await bestowment of the combined wisdom of the forum.... Cheers. T
-
New Yeti owner
Shop around, my local indy did oil and filter clean on a haldex5 for £68 inc vat.
-
Buying Advice
Thanks for all your input. Still negotiating, will let you know how we get on. T
-
Buying Advice
Back for more recieved wisdom form the Briskoda expertise cloud. I've been asked to look at a 2016 Citigo (https://www.cornemotors.co.uk/used-skoda-citigo-witney-oxfordshire-2915678 ) that since Dad is no longer allowed to drive he is buying for Mum so she can deliver him for chemo etc. I can't find a Citigo buyer's guide on here, so please can someone point me in the right direction, or let me know if there's anything specific (recalls, service fixes etc) I should look out for other than the usual used car stuff? Cheers. T
-
Alignment Rig HELP! Startline S880
A mate has just bagged a BNIB but 10 year old Wheel alignment Rig, a Mondolfo Ferro Startline S880 and is having some issues with inital setup. The seller doesn't have experience of this unit so is not much help. Does anyone out there have one of these who might be available to consult regarding getting its various items to commiunicate please? Fingers crossed..... Cheers, T
-
Is it a 140 or a 170?
There are more important things to worry about ATM, but I'm trying to buy a Yeti Elegance that's advertised on autotrader and Cargurus as a 170, but on the dealer's website as a 140, although they also have a Gen2 170 for sale. Not sure where the sausage fingers have fumbled. Are there any visual differences between a 140 and a 170 that I might spot in photos which might be a clue to which it is? There are no underbonnet pics. Cheers. T BTW, as a result of this, [redacted] (Apologies to the mods if this isn't strictly allowed in this section. Sorry. Feel free to edit...) Edit: Post-Boris Announcement: Well, I won't be going to buy a car anytime soon, it appears. But the question still stands so I'm equipped when the country opens again. If anyone's still in business. Fingers crossed...