-
SD cards and the Amundsen infotainment system.
Thank you. 👍 It will be next week before I'm home again and my new (32Gb) card should be here by then. Wish me luck. ps. Did you glean anything from the photos I put up? Is there a need for new software, or an update I should be doing?
-
SD cards and the Amundsen infotainment system.
Thank you. That's a much better guide than I've seen anywhere else. I'm going to print it and stick it in the glovebox. I have ordered a 32Gb 'clone' card to see if it helps and I'm going to try and find a Linux, or Windoze machine to use for the job. In the meantime, I'll leave the old card alone (it's working for now, don't tempt fate) accept the older info and make my journeys next week. I'll have a Co-Pilot with me who has a 6th sense for direction - I kid you not, he's uncanny.😁 When the clone arrives, I'll play with that and see where I get to.
-
SD cards and the Amundsen infotainment system.
Thanks for that. The SKODA card I have reports at 16Gb. I tried the UK and western Europe map, (ECE 1) downloaded it, formatted the card FAT32, then unzipped the map onto the card with 'Unarchiver' which seems to have a decent reputation with Mac OS. The zipped file is 8Gb and the site says a 16Gb minimum is needed. Should be fine. The result of that effort is what appears in photo 4. A fail. Simply selecting NAV, then following the prompt to insert the card tells me it's accepted the card OK as a source of Nav data - but then it says it can't use it or words to that effect. Doesn't seem to make sense. I'm just wondering if the Mac OS is putting something else on there that I can't see when the file is being unzipped which then screws up the card.
-
SD cards and the Amundsen infotainment system.
Quick update: I'd had the sense to back up the old map files on the Skoda SD card. I formatted the SD card to FAT32 and put/copied them back onto the card. Then I deleted the two files the Mac seems to have added. I put it back in the unit and I have maps back, even if well out of date and limited to UK and parts of Europe. They will do for now - but I still need to get this thing updated and new maps installed. If there is a Firmware update and a 'patch' that will get round some of these issues, I would be very grateful for the information on how to do that.
-
SD cards and the Amundsen infotainment system.
How? Cairus: I need more information, a drip-feed, a link to something that explains in terms clear enough for an idiot. I do not even seem to now have an SD card that the system will read, let alone load with a firmware update. Even if I did, where is that firmware?
-
SD cards and the Amundsen infotainment system.
-
SD cards and the Amundsen infotainment system.
Thanks. I can get the first three stages, no problem. When I get to Software Update, it offers the current, then a second choice. I am nervous of the 'poke and hope' approach, so where do I go next and what card should be in the SD (1?) slot? Can I also ask what you mean by ''then picture"?
-
SD cards and the Amundsen infotainment system.
OK, forgive the ignorance. What do I need to do/add to an ordinary SD card to make it work as the Satnav data storage? (that's if it can be done .... )
-
SD cards and the Amundsen infotainment system.
Please explain. I'm O-L-D. 😁😁 What is 'Patch Unit'? If using anything other than a Skoda original/coded SD card, is it possible to use a card larger than 32Gb? (I have several ......)
-
SD cards and the Amundsen infotainment system.
I guess this has been asked and answered dozens of times but I've trawled and found nothing recent. A few problems. I'm really struggling to update the Nav system. I only have access to a Mac, on OS 26 Tahoe. Can I use a new card that IS NOT a Skoda original, or must I stick with what I have? The Mac seems to insist on writing extra files to the SD card and messing up the install. Can I simply 'unhide' and delete these files, or is something else needed? Naturally this has all caught me out with 2 days to go before a big trip - when a Satnag would be very useful ........... The Skoda Update Portal seems to say any SDS card will do - but it won't ......... unless I've missed something fundamental. HELP!!
-
CityScout started following Handed wiper blades , SD cards and the Amundsen infotainment system. and Cambelt.
-
Cambelt.
I've searched every way I can think of but can't find anything at all on the Forum regarding the actual cambelt change job for The Memsahib's 2012, 3 cylinder, 1.0 litre petrol (with a CHYA motor) Regardless of mileage/age, I'm doing it and have a kit. Anyone know if this is the right tool set?: eBay UKPetrol Engine Timing Tool Set For VW Golf Audi 1.0 1.2 1....1.2 TFSI: CJZA,CJZB. 1.4 TFSI: CMBA, CXSA, CHPA. 1.2/1.4 for TSI. 1.4 for TSI Multi Fuel CPVA. 1.0 for TSI 3-cylinder, engine code CHZE, CHZC, CHZA, CHZB, CHZC, CHZD, CHZJ. 1.2 for TSI 4-cylinder, enghttps://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/365369596077 Don't take too much notice of the engine codes in the image, the listing has a longer list. The Fleabay seller 'says' it's right but then so do several others with a kit that looks nothing like the above, yet others offer the same kit and quote different engine codes. The usual ebay crappy control of listings, I guess .............. That apart, I'd be very grateful to anyone who's got any info/links to anything where someone has actually done the job? Will ps. love the pair of gloves, don't want dirty fingernails now, do we? 😊
-
Handed wiper blades
Thank you. 🙏 I can certainly see the need for the RHD/LHD distinction with aero wipers. Now you point it out the ones on the car have some sort of aero function, with a slightly raised spoiler towards the top edge of the blade and the attachment clip is not symetrical, so they can't be reversed. Makes sense now. Below is a picture of some cheap ones I tried - which were sadly a bit of a fail and went back. They looked the part but needed a small mod with a needle file to make them fit - which they did very securely after doing it. No great drama there but the real spolier (pun intended) was that in their efforts to avoid damage in transit they had protected them well but crammed them into a bag that was much too short. The result was that they took a 'set', were too bowed and wouldn't make proper contact with the screen in the middle of the blade. A waste of otherwise decent wipers. Other example I've found where buyers have shown pictures of what arrived were more promising - but no mention on being RHD/LHD handed. That's what sparked the question.
-
Handed wiper blades
I was trying to discover if one or two vendors actually knew something specific about RHD and LHD vehicles and had different blades available - or if they just didn't know what they were talking about. I begin to suspect the second option but perhaps some kind soul has access to a parts list to set the record straight. 🤙 There were no part numbers involved, just 'LHD' and 'RHD'
-
Handed wiper blades
Yep, I know they are a different size, it's the question of whether RHD, or LHD are different fitting/part number.
-
Handed wiper blades
Does anyone know if the wiper blades are handed - as in terms of right and left hand drive? I see listings in a couple of places that distinguish between the two but as far as I can see, the crank on the end of the arms might differ but not the blades themselves.