Everything posted by smipx
-
Bodywork material
The other thing is that if it's allocated parking then you will know the person doing it. You could perhaps take a time stamped photo of the sides of the car each day and you could then send then a bill for the repair of the damage as you could prove it was them or someone they gave permission to park in their allocated space. If they didn't want to play ball you could make a claim on your insurance and give the insurer the proof (by way of the time stamped photo's from when you left the vehicle showing no damage at the point you left it) and instruct your insurer to persue them (and their insurance) using your legal cover for damages. That might stop the tw*t from doing it again. You coild also have a word with the property freehold holder (or the management group for the property) and ask them to send an offical notice to the other leasholders explaining that the behavior is unacceptable and that insurance claims will be sought if damage occurs.
-
Bodywork material
There are some like this on ebay https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/new-SKODA-KAROQ-Side-Protection-Mouldings-Door-Protector-Rubbing-Strips-/333267319980 : The one's I had for my old Tiguan were colour coded to the paintwork and cost about £130 from the VW dealer direct (10 years ago mind). If they get dinged then I just sanded them a bit and touched them up. The ones above look like black rubber. They stopped all the yummy mummies with ther big "Range rovers" and "Porche Cayennes" whacking their doors open wide to get to the kiddies in the seats in the back of thier cars (and using my car as a door stop). Would have made a real mess of it over a period of a year or so but the strips are plastic and so absorb the dings. If you combine those with the wheel arch protectors (especially for the rear where the door forms part of the arch) you should be pretty well covered, all will look like its from the factory and your lovely new Karoq won't look like a POS :-) A whole lot nicer looking than those monstrosities you were looking at imho.
-
Intermittent starting problem with SEL DSG 2018 Karoq
No need to make it up. That's Skoda Customer Care in a nutshell (i.e. Less than impressive, Poorly trained staff, Don't understand their own products, don't really give a hoot).
- Amundsen Mib2 Map Updates 2021
- Amundsen Mib2 Map Updates 2021
- Amundsen Mib2 Map Updates 2021
-
Amundsen Mib2 Map Updates 2021
Just reported it :-) Let's see in a year if it changes. I won't hold my breath though. Its not just my one example that is the problem its all sorts of places you would expect to see on the map at a higher zoom level. If you pick a place you know well in the UK and zoom out to around 1:50000 type of zoom level then loads of places are missing. some other totally random examples: Oswestry, Crewe, Runcorn, Cowley, Thame, Maidenhead just to name a few.
- Amundsen Mib2 Map Updates 2021
-
Amundsen Mib2 Map Updates 2021
Hi, Yes on my Amudsen (MIB2) I see this: It shows Barnstaple and Tiverton - great - proper sized towns but it doesn't show Bideford (population around 20000 and if you include the neighboring Appledore, westward Ho! and northam (another town) then that rises to 36000+) and it does show Great Torrington which is a comaparatively small urban town of around 6000. Makes no sense and even if you zoom in it still refuses to show up (I won't do that becaue it will give away my precice location - privacy and all that :-) ) .
-
Amundsen Mib2 Map Updates 2021
- Amundsen Mib2 Map Updates 2021
- Amundsen Mib2 Map Updates 2021
I complained to Skoda and you would hope that the complaint would be aggregated by them and then passed on to the mothership (VAG) and then on to the folk who do the work. Unless more people complain to Skoda UK about the issue then they will not see enough complaints about it and I guess do nothing. It wouldn't really be appropriate for me to try and reach out to the middle man. What it needs is more people to fire off emails to Skoda CS about it and that's only going to happen if people are bothered. I did see someone else complain about the french village names and they also complained to Skoda (I think) but the problem is that skoda customer services, when I contacted them, due to perhaps some language issues (or perhaps something else - I could not possibly comment) just don't seem to get the nature of the problem - At least not the people I have communicated with. I got fed up with them as I felt I was "watering in the wind" and getting rather wet with unspeakable liquids. :-) I do most of my shopping at a little place nearby called "Computer Keyboard" at the moment.- Amundsen Mib2 Map Updates 2021
Hi, All Good here - MIB2 and all updated via the VW link. It's a shame that they could not have bothered to fix the lack of town / large village names for about 1/2 the urban areas in the UK though when using the navigation on the head unit. For example. Where I live there are two fairly major towns; Barnstaple and Bideford. On the map on the unit is shows Barnstaple but Bideford (with a population of around 15000) is just a brown splodge with no town name. I did report this to Skoda but to be honest they just told me to report it on the Mapcreator reporting app. It is not a map error though - so it can't be reported on the app. It is an error in some configuration file somewhere that is telling the Amudsen not to display conurbations below (presumably) a certain size. I have tries at all zoom levels and also in 2D and 3D but no amount of fettling will make it show smaller town names. I tried to explain this to Skoda but I just don't think they were prepared to "get it". I then gave up after much too-ing and fro-ing. Given that Bideford in Devon is actually a reasonable sized town (in UK terms for towns / villages) then it seems a little odd and makes the maps almost totally useless to be able to move around, identify a place you know is nearby (by the town's name being on the actual map view) and then zoom in to it and select a destination. Of course, you can type in the Town name and then select it but that's not really the point - that's another way to do a similar thing but not quite the same. The other thing it stops is being able to drive around and have the map in "display view" rather than actually navigating. Come across a nice village / area and then look at the map to see what it might be called. According to the map its not called anyting - just a brown splodge. The Mapcreator clearly shows the places (attached) but the crappy implementation on the Amudsen does not.: I guess they are never going to fix it :-(- Drivers seat
Hi Mine does this too. I was all set to take it in for a replacement frame (big job) but I then trier to make the seat about 2" too upright. I then wiggled and drove a bit and the seat then reclined on its own a bit to the position I actually wanted and its been there ever since. I think there is a bit of play initially when winding the seat forwards towards the screen and then sitting back on it but then (if you are lucky) it will stop moving once the slack has been taken up. I know it should breally be replaced but I couldn't be bothered with the faff as this process seems to work for mine. I suspect some seats may be "looser" than others though so it might not work for everyone. Cheers, Paul- 2 cylinder mode
When my 1.5 DSG is in 2-cyl mode I have to say I would not be able to tell apart from the "ECO mode" illumination on the dash. No vibration due to any imbalance or rough sounds at all. I also don't get any issues at cold start (aka Kangaroo) - I think my car had the software update. My 3rd gear in slowish traffic can sometimes feel a touch jerky - not badly so - just feels a bit like I lifted quickly off and back on to the gas with the resultant bit of jerkiness (had I been driving in a manual car) . It annoyed me to begin with but I'm kind of used to it now and put it down to "DSG quirks". All I do know is the DSG is one hell of a lot smoother than I am when driving my wife's 1.0 Fabia (manual). That is something else. Whoever decided the gear ratios on that gearbox should be taken out and shot by a firing sqaud. The 1st gear is really short and the 2nd gear really long so it constantly feels like its about to stall in slow traffic in 2nd but if I were to go into 1st it would scream and be jerkier than a jerky thing - calling it a a kangaroo would not do it justice - horrible!- Multifunction Steering wheel (non virtual cockpit model) Confusion
OK I think I sussed it. When you click "View" it flips between the last two selected options you have chosen to view in the main display window. If you are stuck in "ACC" menu as you second choice then you have to go into the main menu, select the first one you want (e.g. Speed). When speed is displayed you then have to go back into the main menu and select the second one you want (e.g. Phone). Then phone is displayed and when you click "View" it flips to the prevoius choice of "Speed". If you ever click on ACC button then this becomes the last menu selected and you have to do though and do a new "double selection" to get it back to where you want it. :-)- Multifunction Steering wheel (non virtual cockpit model) Confusion
Hi All - I have the standard (non-virtual cockpit) display and am having a nightmare with getting the view to change the way I want it to. I also have ACC. Normally, when driving, I have the display in the centre set to show the current speed but sometimes I want to quickly show the Phone display. This seems to work okay and I can flip between the two by clicking "View". The trouble starts if I hit the ACC (Assistance systems) button. Once I have done this (just the once) the view button seems stuck in a look between the "Assistance systems" screen and the "Speed" (or whatever item I have selected). I can from that point forward no longer flip between the phone display and my selected "other bit of data" display. What I would like to do is have the system forget the fact that I may (some time ago) have looked at the "Assistance Systems" screen and go back to the flip between "Speed" and "Phone" I just can seem to get it to understand that I don't want to see ACC when I clikc "View". Its driving me silly. If, when "ACC is Inactive" is displayed I use the B button to scroll to, say "Phone" and click to select it it will display the "Phone" If then click "View" it takes me back to the blasted "ACC is Inactive" aka "Assistance System Menu" rather than the "Spee" that I want to see. Grrrrrrrrr. This is the manual. This bit in yellow says what its meant to do : Can someone please explain what I'm doing wrong? Cheers, Paul- Missing the rechargeable torch??
Yes probably. Not something that I'd miss though 😀- Missing the rechargeable torch??
well mines a 2019 SEL and I don't have the parking ticket holder clip on the front windscreen. I got is as an ex demonstrator so I can only think they "deleted" the option when they placed the order. Don't mind though - I don't like it anyway :-) It was also missing the brolly but I picked that up on collection and made them give me a new one from the parts department. It did have the ice scraper thingy though. It also had Adaptive Cruise Control which was not on the list of options or features in the advert so they must have not factored that in to the asking price he he he :-) ...... Paul- Missing the rechargeable torch??
Simply Clever "CostCutting"- July 2019 Karoq 1.5 SEL DSG - DSG very occasional whirring/whine in 1st
Hi All, I have the Karoq 1.5TSi DSG with (I think) the DQ200 gearbox. Now I know all the stories / facts over the internet about earlier versions of this gearbox being a bit of a lemon so - that aside I have a quick question. The car only has around 4000 miles on the clock and its due for its 1st oil change quite soon. Very occasionally I notice a bit of a whine when pulling off from a standstill. It only seems to happen after I have stopped on a journey and am going uphill on the start again. This is not during the warm-up phase either this is after driving for maybe 20 minutes. You know the kind of thing - driving up a country lane hill with overtaking places and having to stop to let a car coming down the hill pass. When I then accelerate (reasonably swiftly but not silly fast) to make progress I hear a whine coming from the engine/gearbox that can only be described as the sort of whine you get from the gearbox on an original old Mini or other car of the 70's era of that type. It only happens until the fist gear change and then all is well again. It really only happens very occasionally too (because I only have to stop quickly going uphill and then pull off again rapidly occasionally). Once it's happened - if I then (on the flat) try to replicate it is does not happen and never seems to happen on the flat. It doesn't feel like the clutch is slipping at all, it accelerates just fine and the wheels are not spinning or anything - its just a bit disconcerting sounding like a 1970's mini gearbox and because of the tales of woe on the DQ200 it makes me (possibly) over analyse the situation. Would this be a normal characteristic - can anyone else let me know if they have had / get this? I was thinking (as its uphill) it could either be: 1. normal - gearbox under more load than normal 2. the engine oil is too low / too high and needs checking (not so easy for me as my drive is on a hill) 2a. Could it be that when uphill at a stop it starts off in 1st but normally it starts off in 2nd and this is why I only hear it occasionally - ps I am in the standard driving mode in full auto) 3. There is something badly wrong and Skoda need to look at it I want to get it looked at during the 1st service but because its so intermittent I just know whats going to happen / going to be said. thanks all, Paul
Important Information
Welcome to BRISKODA. Please note the following important links Terms of Use. We have a comprehensive Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.