Skip to content

DSL

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by DSL

  1. If only I was going anywhere near an Asda.
  2. It seems the “target” price for is a little less than £1/ltr, anyone know what the price is from a Tesco forecourt? Could have it delivered but I’ll be passing a Tesco this weekend that sells the stuff so I thought I’d pick up 10 litres in the back to be ready. Tried a search but to no avail.
  3. DSL replied to AndyC's topic in Skoda Karoq
    Coming from a lowly pauper spec SE I have no inbuilt satnag apart from Google Maps (which does me very nicely indeed), have I got this right. There is a satnav in this day and age that doesn’t let you put in the full seven letter/digit UK postcode? If so, how very early naughties!
  4. DSL replied to KaroqHenry's topic in Skoda Karoq
    Very nice indeed!
  5. Do you have a pic?
  6. ^^^^ Can you get the dealer to collect?
  7. Strangely my car was built almost a year before I picked up the keys. Built mid July 19, registered end Dec and I bought it end June. So far no battery issues. Now I’ve blown it.
  8. DSL replied to killy's topic in Skoda Karoq
    As per your link:
  9. Will be contacting them closer to the 3rd birthday. Shame not as good, disadvantage of preregistered.
  10. DSL replied to killy's topic in Skoda Karoq
    Love the way the recall page gives you the result in Czech. Good old Google Translate to the rescue.
  11. Could be week 09 in 2018 so early March, like tyre date codes.
  12. DSL replied to AndyC's topic in Skoda Karoq
    Remember that the £540 is just first year, 2nd onwards is £150 or whatever it’s nudged up to. Unless the list car is over £40k that is, then theirs additional VED to pay for years 2 - 5, £325 rings a bell.
  13. DSL replied to AndyC's topic in Skoda Karoq
    From what the dealer said, they get stung with the first years VED, then it’s standard standard VED for the eventual owner even if immediately SORNed after registering. I don’t know how much refund they get back but I’d think it would just be 11/12s of the standard £150 VED, not the uplifted chunk of the first year VED. If they got 11/12s of it all then the new owner would then be paying for the claimed back uplifted chunk, which deffo isn’t the case. PS And taxing the car only took a few minutes, all you need is the reg, V5 ref number and a credit card. Simples.
  14. DSL replied to AndyC's topic in Skoda Karoq
    Re first year’s VED, that was one of the advantages of buying mine pre-registered, first years VED is paid by Skoda UK and I just pay the usual £150. That and the 10k/31% off the list price.
  15. I’ll be buying an extended warranty as well once the car gets to the suitable age. As it was preregistered I was told I couldn’t do it until the car hit 3 years. How does it work? Do I phone a dealer up just before the 3rd birthday and say “oi, I want to throw some money at you for the extra 2 years of warranty”?
  16. Cheers, it just looks totally different from my 4x4 version.
  17. Is that a Yeti wheel well? At least it’s got a sensible tie down eye, sadly lacking in the Karoq.
  18. It’s the time consuming side that dictates I want to carry a full spare. I do regular(ish) 560 mile drives and getting a puncture on one of those would mean trying to get a tyre replaced mid trip, turning a one day drive to at least one & a half, if not two, day haul. Plus chances are it’ll be a Sunday so less options. No, full spare swapped, by RAC or me, and journey continues without too much hassle. Then sort out replacing or repairing puncture pretty much at my leisure. I don’t mind the extra depth it takes up in the boot by fitting it to the skinny spare mount, means it’s properly secured and not going to shift around. I know it’s risk vs consequences and last time I had a non off-roading puncture was a long time ago but not worth worrying about having to cope with skinny spare if I got a puncture in what could be pretty extreme conditions.
  19. Greetings all, a new owner with a few questions. First Karoq, indeed first Skoda ever, after over 30 years of LR ownership, with a couple of BMWs. Picked up a pre-registered SE 2.0 Tdi 4x4 DSG on Tuesday and loving it, if only after the 150 mile drive back home. Gratuitious pic from collecting it (not sure if it’s a he or a she yet) Got a load of questions, finding the manual isn’t especially good at getting to the nitty gritty of the car so thought best ask here. Firstly a question on bulbs. From what I can figure out, the dipped beam headlamp bulb is H7 type, is the high beam bulb the same? Im going to get a set of Philips Xtreme bulbs for the low beam position, was wondering if I need to be getting 2 pairs. Secondly, I’m looking to get a second set of rims to put proper winter tyres on. I spend a lot of time in the Highlands in winter and have learned of the value of proper winter tyres in extreme conditions. I have a fair choice of rims to go from from Audi, VW & SEAT, Skoda rims that suit the Karoq seem to be a bit like hens’ teeth. Most are offset are ET43 but my rims (Ratikon 17”ers) are ET45, my understanding of how it works is that puts the hub 2mm further out and shouldn’t be a problem. Sound right and ET43s are OK? Obviously have to make sure all the other numbers are correct, 5x112 7j 17 and 57.1mm etc. Lastly, for now, the SE doesn’t have the button for driving modes (ECO, Normal, winter, off-road, etc), I cant find that in the menus but might have been looking in the wrong place. Does the SE 4x4 without the button have these options or does the car just figure it out? I’m not aiming to do the kind of insane off-roading I used to do in my Disco 3 but useful to know how the car works. TIA. Derek

Important Information

Welcome to BRISKODA. Please note the following important links Terms of Use. We have a comprehensive Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.