Skip to content

PaulCanning

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by PaulCanning

  1. Not in the junk mail, first place i looked :-( I've already got a new karcher and one of them snow lances on the way!!!
  2. Hmmmm still waiting on an email to activate my account :-(
  3. Cheers for that, I'll go google the detailing forum and have a look
  4. Just had a look and looks like @ibuprofenn is also Bedford so just sent him a message though he's not been on here since april it seems. Next nearest is @DGW in St.Neots or @nige8021in Milton Keynes if I don't get a reply in the next day or so as ideally would like it sorted before next Wednesday.
  5. This is what ive found for a just less than £200 as it's a larger car etc. https://bedfordvaletinganddetailing.com/valeting/prices/#tab-fa39bcc6e4e58c6ccc3 I don't know if that's a good start or not to be honest.
  6. Hmmmmmmm, how Ive taken care of my cars in the past.... Lets just say Ive never had a car I liked that much that I bothered doing much more than putting them through a car wash every so often The qashqai I've just got rid of probably had 3 washes in 3 years. But, this car I love! And I want to take good care of it, I've looked at getting it detailed by a guy locally which would be about £200 but it's a lot of money and wonder if it's something I can do so its a case of value for money etc? if that makes sense. I know not use use sponges, but to use microfibre mitts and Ive seen about the 2 bucket method? But that's about it. I'd love to give it some sort of protective coating too but don't really know where to start?
  7. Im assuming there's no in car "trick" to reset this? Basically I'd fitted a nextbase dashcam and all good and fused to 34 so its off when ignitions off and I didnt trigger the airbag etc on fitting. However, last night I decided to change the fuse position to a live one when ignition off as want to make use of the parking mode where it will record when parked if the cars bumped? I changed it to fuse 6 which I checked with a multimeter was live with ignition on. It is apparently for the automatic gearbox which is odd as mine is a manual. It was after this that Ive got an airbag light and the sos warning :-( This is on a 2018 Kodiaq if it makes any difference.
  8. I came across this being a new member and being new to skodas and wanting to give mine a proper clean etc but have no idea where to start to be honest.
  9. Interestingly this morning I had an email back from my local skoda dealer who said they would contact me about this over a week ago. Anyway, they are quoting £395 all in which is a number I might be happier with!
  10. She don't drive, but I do have a 24 year old Mazda Bongo I can easily practice on i guess lol. Good to know.
  11. Cheers mate. The dolphin sensors are the ones that keep popping up and have had some good feedback and awards even from the likes of auto express. I really don't want to go down the route of a seperate display but like your out of the box thinking on that one. I've had a couple of quotes for retrofitting and i know that would be the best option really but at the thick end of £750 Im leaning toward not bothering at all now to be honest.
  12. Did you come to any conclusions?
  13. KennyR beat me to it, mines the 2.0 TDI 4x4 too and has snow and off road buttons but again is the SEL.
  14. Just seen this and I would say it depends on how you want to approach it from a capability point of view ie if you're handy with the spanners etc. A reasonable (after a lot of research and being picky) Mazda Bongo / Ford Freda can be had for as little as £4000.
  15. OK, not had my used Kodiaq a week and Im thinking that I'd like front parking sensors but seems a retrofit would be in the region of £500 to £700 fitted? I'm really not bothered about spending that much so looking at alternatives, so the "bolt on" number plate ones seem a bit naff and only cover the middle portion of the car, certainly not going to be much good on the very corners when parallel parking somewhere tight. So, Im thinking about https://www.parkingsensors.co.uk/product/audio-front-parking-sensors Any thoughts on this plan? Forgot to say, this seemed the best area to post this but if not please let me know.
  16. I've never had a car that was nice enough that Ive ever bothered with wondering but...... "WTF are winter wheels?" Let me preface this with Im completely ignorant on the subject and am making an assumption that they are wheels you don't really care about during harsher winter months and save the good wheels for the better weather?
  17. Anyone got a link to a reliable one that works? Google ain't helping and the 2 Ive tried are telling me the 2.0 diesel 4x4 I filled with diesel in 150 miles ago is a 2wd Petrol??

Important Information

Welcome to BRISKODA. Please note the following important links Terms of Use. We have a comprehensive Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.