Skip to content

Noms

FREEDOM
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Noms

  1. Since I passed my driving test at 17, the only cars I've ever owned have been from the VAG group (Type I, and various Golfs). Six years ago, having owned VW's for 15 years, I was seduced by BMW, and bought a 5 series. What a lovely car; gorgeous to look at, comfort, speed, you name it. However, every time something went wrong, I was having to spend around £1000 to repair. The parts are so expensive. After six years of ownership, I am coming back to VAG, with a 2016 Skoda Octavia VRS 230 arriving in a few days. Goodbye BMW, Hello Skoda. I'm really excited about coming back to VAG, and really looking forward to having some fun driving. I shall keep people updated..
  2. I've had a BMW 5 Series for 6 years, and am after something more dependable, and something cheaper to repair when things do go wrong (or inevitable wear and tear). The BMW is a lovely car, style, comfort and power; but is expensive to maintain. I'm now searching for a petrol Octavia vRS, which is a similar size to my BMW 5 Series, with hopefully a decent amount of power too. Congrats on securing your Octavia, would love to see some photos once you pick it up!
  3. Welcome to the forum, I'm a newbie here myself; also looking for an Octavia. Have you decided on the spec you'd prefer? What have you driven previously?
  4. Newbie here, and this is my first post. Some very interesting thoughts on here, my apologies in advance for not reading all 14 pages of comments. Interesting certainly for me, as I am coming across to SKODA from BMW. I've had a BMW 5 Series for 6 years, and am after something more dependable, and something cheaper to repair when things do go wrong (or wear and tear). The BMW is a lovely car, stye, comfort and power; but is very expensive to maintain. This may be possible for some people, but just not for me. I'm now searching for an Octavia VRS, which is a similar size to my BMW 5 Series, with hopefully a decent amount of power too. I've always owned cars from the VAG as long as I've been driving (almost 30 years), the BMW was my first venture out, now I'm hoping to return to VAG land.

Important Information

Welcome to BRISKODA. Please note the following important links Terms of Use. We have a comprehensive Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.