Everything posted by Noms
-
How to black out headlights legally (uk)
Looks gorgeous, well done mate
-
Looking for some advice.
Sure: https://www.amazon.co.uk/JBL-Stage1-621-Coaxial-Speakers/dp/B07Y5DRS5G https://www.amazon.co.uk/Pioneer-TS-WX130DA-Car-Amplified-Subwoofers/dp/B078PHCHSW/ref=bmx_e298yhao_3/259-0714971-0387455?pd_rd_w=q0pS7&pf_rd_p=eb113e0f-8c39-4b39-8cfa-62247fe4355e&pf_rd_r=X06TRR9V53VN2W34ZN7Z&pd_rd_r=9ce75df2-fcec-4494-8fb7-78a192b8b422&pd_rd_wg=dlPef&pd_rd_i=B078PHCHSW&psc=1 The sound is really crisp and loud; the subwoofer provides normal to deep bass as required. Obviously the quality of the sound also depends on the quality of the recording, but overall I'm very impressed.
-
How to black out headlights legally (uk)
Sorry to resurrect this thread, but I am looking to tint the rear tail lights on my O3 VRS230, what film should I use? Thanks
-
Window tints and DAB drop?
I had a similar issues in my previous car, a BMW 5 series. I had the windows tinted, and no issues with the DAB. However, as soon as the Nextbase Dashcam was fitted, I lost reception to the DAB. If I turned off the dashcam, the DAB would work, so there was obviously some interference. Since I've had the Octy VRS 230, I've done the same: tinted windows and Nextbase, but no issues with the DAB; it works absolutely fine.
-
Looking for some advice.
The SubWoofer has a built in amp.
-
Sub Woofer Install
I've replaced the door speakers with JBL's and fitted a Pioneer SubWoofer under the front passenger seat; the sound is now crisp and clear and the SubWoofer adds depth (and bass when required). The 160W Pioneer is similar to the Kenwood, and I managed to get it in under the seat even with electric seats! Very pleased with the sound.
-
Looking for some advice.
I've replaced the door speakers with JBL's and fitted a Pioneer SubWoofer under the front passenger seat; the sound is now crisp and clear and the SubWoofer adds depth (and bass when required).
-
Air Filter change interval
I can certainly collect if you’re local. I’m in NW London. Otherwise, happy to pay for postage. Thanks mate.
-
Under-Bonnet Thermal Insulation
Where are these available from please?
-
Air Filter change interval
Could you make one up for me please? I'd be happy to pay for the materials.
-
Bag in coolant.
I did not drain the tank, nor remove anything. All I did was take the lid off the expansion tank and stuck fingers in. It takes a while, but don’t give up. It’s really worth it. I had so much anxiety over this issue before taking the bag out, thinking it could split at any time; and now sleep much better at night.
-
Bag in coolant.
Yes, it’ll be fitted in quite tightly as the bag ‘moulds’ itself (like a bean bag). But easily pushed out of its home and then fished out. I was really nervous as I have fat fingers, but perseverance helped me and I got it out. I used fingers only, no needle nose pliers or anything else.
-
Bag in coolant.
That's exactly how mine was; we managed to fish it out. You need to push it slightly first, to get it out of it's 'home'. Once it's scot free, it becomes much easier to fish out. The bags are quite robust; you wouldn't damage it if it hasn't split already.
-
Air Filter change interval
Yes please. I too found the videos on YT equally useless. Thanks!
-
Air Filter change interval
How about putting it back, and trying to line up the ‘connector’ piece on the left that keeps slipping?
-
Air Filter change interval
I change the Air and Cabin filter every year, regardless of mileage (which will never be more than around 8k anyway). Although I do feel that having to undo 6 torx head screws just to change the air filter is a bit overkill from Skoda. My previous BMW 5 series (and every other car I've owned) had clips, nice and easy. And getting the glovebox off to change the cabin filter (and then on again) is a mission in itself. What a joke! There must be an easier way?
-
New VRS - Component Protection Active
I've had my 2016 VRS since February, and get this message every so often. It goes off after a few minutes though; not really sure what it means. Nothing has been changed on the car.
-
vRS Door Safety Lights
Thank you for sharing this with us. I've been pondering this for a while, and will now definitely go ahead and place an order.
-
vRS Door Safety Lights
Did you order them from SuperSkoda? Did you have to pay any duties/tax due to Brexit?
-
Bag in coolant.
I think you'll be alright. I don't think they continued with this 'design flaw' up to 2020.
-
Premium Floor Mats
Update: I ended up buying these from Car Mats 4u: https://www.carmats4u.com/catalog/product/view/id/42212/s/skoda-octavia-2013-onwards-exclusive-tailored-car-mats/category/2/ They're pretty decent, although I would have preferred even more plush mats. For the rear, I've put these on top of the original ones, and they're fine.
-
SD card Music Issue
This worked for me. I am able to store and access all music using this method.
-
SD card Music Issue
- SD card Music Issue
You will need to format the SD card with FAT32, that should solve it- Locking Wheel Nut
- SD card Music Issue
Important Information
Welcome to BRISKODA. Please note the following important links Terms of Use. We have a comprehensive Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.