Everything posted by leolito
-
4 wheel drive control box
Thanks ... I noticed the problem happens when I am doing copy/paste of links in my Excel table/log for the car (a quirk of mine) ð
-
VCDS options on Superb III.FL
bradecline, what warning you get? Mine besides the chime, also gives a signal in the display like "Warning: engine running!" or something similar. Very bothering ...
-
4 wheel drive control box
You mean a Haldex controller? I have gathered the following to read sometime ... gathered by reading here ðĨ°ðĪ I do not feel ready to this (not now) https://www.dsa-electronic.de/superb-ab-2016/ https://www.vdveer-engineering.nl/index.php/en/shop/controllers/haldex-controller-gen5-0cq-detail https://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/487343-dsa-haldex-controller-for-superb-iii-awd/ Sorry I cannot get the formatting right when I am quoting stuff !
-
What have you done to your Superb III today?
I did not use the 'return/trade' option, also because of logistic complications, I'd rather a straight sell. 400eu is a fantastic price, my compliments! I found the bill from Gendan in 03/15 and it was 307gbp ... wow Will address this when the new lead comes. Correct indeed, noise is more an issue of the quality and age of the rubber. But I was also wondering about the ride quality ... the "sportiest" I ever had was 235/45-17 on an old A6 Avant, so 235/40-19 is pretty intense. Will see for all-season tires, but historically my geographical position warrants dedicated winter tires, while a but more complex (and costlier) arrangement, it pays off by the added level of safety it provides. I made the switch years ago and would not go back, at least for an all-year runner. So my plan is to get some 17s and use them as winter, and will compare with the current (old) ones ð
-
What have you done to your Superb III today?
Is not what what I have done "to" my Superb today, but what I have done "for" it ... I took a deep breath, cough up what is due, and got a new HEX-V2 from Gendan, to take over my old HEX-CAN which became .... obsolete, it seems. Will bundle it up with my old trusty Dell laptop that is also due for replacement, and try to sell the combo to another happy user. I am taking it easy ... after all, this is my first "non project" car in many years ð However, next in line: mudflaps
-
What have you done to your Superb III today?
I am also interested in the result. I remember seeing some old topics on that ... but more info, the better! https://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/497571-matrix-light-on-superb-3/ https://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/457554-let-there-be-light-160w-led-bar/page/2/
-
What have you done to your Superb III today?
Good to know about the two bar, I would have not imagine ð Yes I know during freezing weather is not good to have the folding mirrors option 'active', lest to risk a motor burnt, and coat the door seals with silicon spray to prevent them "gluing" to the metal, but the hitch ... ok. I also agree on the mudflaps, maybe I am too old fashioned but I think they should be standard in all cars. Pity they are not so nice as once it was ... seeing a nice old Landie with those huge "flags" or some other classic vehicle or that era brings me always a smile. I am actually procrastinating in the subject as I have them in a bag ready to mount (was courtesy of the dealer when I got the car, they were top notch actually).
-
What have you done to your Superb III today?
Nice review! I have also noticed, as numbskull correctly mentioned, that tires make a dramatic difference in the noise level, especially in cars where other aspects are well "covered". Being used to 'louder' cars, I seldom noticed this ... now I am almost obsessed ðĪ Mine came with Bridgestones which, besides being huge 19s, seem also at the end of their life with almost 40k km and ~3yrs., and they are quite present at speed. For now they will do, but for their replacement will look carefully at the noise level. I am actually inclined to 'downsize' as well.
-
The 280PS Thread
I add myself also here ... car is brilliant. Made a round-trip of south east europe of 3200km only two days after getting the car delivered and I actually started learning the ropes as I went ð And fairly economical as well, returned an average of 12/13 km/lt (say, 7 to 8 l/100km), considering not exactly economy run speeds ... There is still loads more to go .. but so far all good. I was shocked and horrified to learn it had its first 'service' done at 30K km ... modern engines oh well. I booked it for a check regardless, while I need to select a 'new' VCDS from Gendan, mine which I got from them 10 years ago became outdated (like most things, alas, I am still struggling without CDs ðĪŠ). Will continue reading and reading ....
-
Superb MKIII owners register
Here is me as well ... 2021 Kombi 280 L&K, Quartz Grey with Beige, close to 40K km. Photos on the pic thread.
-
The Superb III Picture thread
-
Long overdue joining the ranks ...
Hello all, I have finally found a way and decided to join this great community. How? Well, I've crossed paths with Skodas (and Briskoda) a few times, but it was always a temporary affair (say having for three months a Superb II TDI Kombi as a part-trade car) or something that never materialized (like lusting for a Octavia II FL Scout TDI when it came out), or just looking for info. Well, after a long time thinking how to upgrade my transport needs to the XXI century, the change (and upgrade) is in the form of a fairly recent Superb III 280 FL Kombi, of which I am more than satisfied. Car is brilliant ð And getting myself in here was the next step, and especially after I scoured some relevant topics over the last weeks to acquire information to make the (I hope) most adequate choice ... And who would I be? Well, long story, but approaching the half-century, and after a few whirls here and there life has thrown me in the Balkans, where I am residing in Bulgaria for around two decades now. And for now, is okay. And why a Skoda? Because is among the most reasonable and balanced brands out there, a great jack of all trades, right what I need and want in this moment in life. And what have I left behind to get here? Well, this car will have a difficult task ... has large shoes to fill, starting by the fact is the first time in a loong time I buy something I can "use" and not actually "rebuild". Will be glad to talk it over in future posts. Now I go to bother in the specific areas and learn how to post pictures ... Thanks again!