Everything posted by nick6262
-
What have you done to your Superb III today?
Was the old screen bad well? I managed to get mine done remotely with a lot of hacking and me buying a UART board and a very helpful bloke in Telegram. I spent a few days beforehand driving around listening to a Bluetooth speaker in the car and hoped I wouldn't have to access anything on the screen
-
What have you done to your Superb III today?
-
How-to Guide to Upgrade MIB2 to MIB2.5
Long press on the power button, screen will go dark and then keep pressing to reset. I felt exactly the same when I messed mine up. There are many helpful people in the telegram group that can advise if still wonky.
-
How-to Guide to Upgrade MIB2 to MIB2.5
they aren't both 8" though? One is 8" and the other has a 6" screen - it has a massive bezel around it. (also I sold my 3V0919606 for £40 on eBay so you can still get something for them)
-
How-to Guide to Upgrade MIB2 to MIB2.5
I really like mine. I pretty much only use Android Auto so don't miss the physical buttons. Just make sure you use a good SD card. Pretty sure mine was a fake and didn't have the capacity it claimed so the installation files weren't actually on it.
-
What have you done to your Superb III today?
-
What have you done to your Superb III today?
Superb did a great job being loaded up for camping. However I am thinking the rear springs and shocks could do with a refresh as it was looking very low whilst loaded up.
-
What have you done to your Superb III today?
The connection is inside the rear pillar. You pop off the trim in the car, unplug, pull off grommet, pull cable through. See this Youtube video I used
-
What have you done to your Superb III today?
New struts purchased and installed. £80 for a pair on ebay shipped next day from the UK. Popped old ones off, popper new ones on. Job done. Will give away the old struts if anyone wants them and can do a better repair job than me.
-
What have you done to your Superb III today?
Left tail gate strut failed - lots of beeping not much moving. Popped it off to find the wires have broken. Quick + dirty repair to make it work again whilst I order replacements.
-
What have you done to your Superb III today?
How much effort was the initial fitting? If love a usb socket in the arm rest cubby as I use wireless android auto and could do with keeping phone cool. Also it means I can close the little cover over the usb/12 V socket and make things look tidy. As an aside the power tailgate seems to have stopped working today. Goes up about 1/3rd of the way and stops and beeps. Won't go up or down. Just beeps 3 times. Can move it down a bit and the the button will close it. OBD11 gives an error message: Hall sensor in motor 1 for rear hatch - B121115 I've got a warranty from the dealership so hopefully they can sort - feels wrong though. I've always fixed all my own previous car problems
-
What have you done to your Superb III today?
there's an option for a fold flat seat - but I think not many people took it or no-one knows about it
-
What have you done to your Superb III today?
I do miss the ability to drop the passenger seat from my old V70R. Also miss the boxiness of the boot - not sure the Superb could get 4 * 18" wheels + tyres without dropping the seats. (I do not miss the fuel bills or the funny looks I'd get when trying to navigate tight car parks)
-
Is this the factory fitted towbar?
there are a few threads on here about retrofitting https://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/416902-oem-towbar-retrofit/ This looks like the full set but you might have a bit of a road trip to get it. https://www.skoda-parts.com/spare-part/3v9092160d-towing-equipment-for-the-estate-skoda-35443.html
-
What have you done to your Superb III today?
Turns out magnetic brown isn't quite as good. A house down the street is getting a load of building work done and they managed to cover all the cars on the road with a load of dust.
-
2018 Skoda Octavia 1.5 TSI ACT SE L DSG Estate - £4,995 [sold]
Sold.
-
Superb MKIII owners register
Skoda Superb 2.0 TSI Laurin & Klement Estate Petrol DSG (220 ps) Metalic Brown with brown leather seats.
-
How-to Guide to Upgrade MIB2 to MIB2.5
After several very warm hours outside yesterday and a very helpful person from the VAG - MIB2 telegram channel I have a working MIB2.5 system with 9.2" screen. Somehow when attempting the first update I completely wiped the emmc which holds the operating system etc. Using UART connector, putty, python and some other clever stuff it all got put back together. Incredibly happy now. I would like to change the home screen layout though. Massive map is a bit unnecessary.
-
How-to Guide to Upgrade MIB2 to MIB2.5
OBD11?
-
How-to Guide to Upgrade MIB2 to MIB2.5
I have failed at updating my unit. I updated from MHI2_ER_SKG11_P3304_MU0836 to MHI2_ER_SKG11_K3343_MU1433 and that seemed to work fine. I then put MHI2_ER_SKG13_P4526_1_AIO_MU1440_20230504 onto freshly formatted SD card. Added the Gracenote2_AIO_payload. Updated the metainfo2 file. Inserted card into car and it said there was a update but I think it was Grace note only, I clicked update and it did some stuff. Then the normal menu came up but it wasn't working correctly, couldn't select items with touch and the scroll button on right would cause things to redraw incorrectly or disappear. I turned the unit off and now it's stuck in a boot loop. Shows the Skoda Logo and stays there for a few minute, goes black and then back to the logo. I've tried putting MHI2_ER_SKG11_K3343_MU1433 onto the SD card and hoping it would get picked up on the reboot and start an install but it stays in the boot loop. I've tried putting MHI2_ER_SKG13_P4526_1_AIO_MU1440_20230504 onto the SD card and hoping it would get picked up on the reboot and start an install but it stays in the boot loop. I've run out of ideas now. Anything you can think of @JR RS ? TIA
-
What have you done to your Superb III today?
Attempt did not go well. Attempt did not go well. Ended the evening with the car stuck in a boot loop and then I gave up. Will try another SD card tomorrow and then maybe have a little cry.
-
2018 Skoda Octavia 1.5 TSI ACT SE L DSG Estate - £4,995 [sold]
Price drop to £4,995
-
What have you done to your Superb III today?
it was listed as the wrong part no on the advert. 3C0919606D but was actually a 3V0919606D
-
What have you done to your Superb III today?
oh, this one? It was a bit snagged. I didn't know which cable was which - I'll give that a good wiggle. I got the screen from a breaker on ebay for £190. The touch screen on the old one is annoying me already.
-
What have you done to your Superb III today?
I think I've updated my MIB2 to the newest version in prep for the mib2.5 upgrade. Investigate my no DAB stations issue. Cables all plugged in. I guess in the right places?