Everything posted by nick6262
-
How-to Guide to Upgrade MIB2 to MIB2.5
Someone has looked at ETKA (I think?) and there doesn't appear to be a piano black version of this trim which is annoying. looks like it's have to swap out all the trim to get it to match. :-(
-
How-to Guide to Upgrade MIB2 to MIB2.5
In your search for trims did you see any L&K ones? I assume they are the same as the piano black ones but with a decal on them?
- connecting dash cam to superb mk3 fusebox
- Skoda Octavia MK3 - 9.2 inch OEM display/screen - MIB2.5 Columbus
-
What have you done to your Superb III today?
2nd job was to fit the dog guard and divider. I was marvelling at how big the boot was and then I put the dog in the car.
-
What have you done to your Superb III today?
Starting to look at my new (to me) 2017 L&K Superb. First job was to investigate the dash cam wiring left by the previous owner - as suspected they had done a **** poor job and put the cable across the curtain airbag. I can't believe anyone thinks that this is a good idea.
-
2018 Skoda Octavia 1.5 TSI ACT SE L DSG Estate - £4,995 [sold]
Make & Model: Skoda Octavia Colour: Race Blue Mileage: 141,243 Price: £4,995 Description: 2018 Skoda Octavia 1.5 TSI ACT SE L DSG EUro 6 (s/s) 5dr ULEZ compliant Great family car and incredibly practical — ideal for kids, dogs, bikes, prams, camping trips, tip runs and everything in between. Much more usable than most crossovers or small SUVs, with loads of space and excellent comfort. The 1.5 TSI ACT engine is impressively economical and can switch into two-cylinder mode when cruising. It’s not unusual to see 50+ mpg on motorway journeys. The half-leather seats are comfortable, hard-wearing and easy to keep clean. The infotainment system supports both Apple CarPlay and Android Auto, and the dual-zone climate control blows ice cold. This car also has the variable boot floor option, giving you the choice of either a very deep boot or a raised floor with useful hidden storage underneath. Condition: Pretty good for the miles. It wears them well. Service History/Receipts/Recent Service work: No service history from before my ownership. Since I've had it it's had: New tyres, air filter, pollen filter, 05/25 New battery 07/25 Rear discs and brake pads replaced 01/26 Oil change and MOT with O issues in 02/26 Extras: Hard-wired USB-C dash cam cable Reversing camera Genuine Skoda rubber mats Boot liner and carpet Mods: No. Location: E15, East London Photos + Video: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1a6Hg9BD89F6Z-MjXDLA1410C8fY8qEMO
-
No GPS signal for dashcam
Hi, Has anyone else had issues with dash cam not getting a GPS signal when mounted behind the rear view mirror or anywhere at the front windscreen? I am pretty sure the car doesn't have heated windscreen. (edit: the build sheet lists : 4GS Heat-reflecting windshield - would this be the problem?) It's a Miofive S1 which was working great in my previous car (Volvo V70)
-
Rear brake discs specification
I did the rear brake pads and discs on my 2018 1.5 TSI ACT Octavia recently. With manual handbrake so you've got to remember to take it of before you jack the car up. It was a reasonably straight forward job - only special tool needed was a calliper rewind tool. The disc came off without removing the carrier. As for size I took the wheel off and gave the disc a rough-ish measure -they are pretty small discs. They were Pagid pads and discs from Halfords. 20252268000030 Pagid Brake Pads 10144032 1 £13.30 20255458000030 Pagid Brake Discs 1044426 1 £38.65 20255458000030 Pagid Brake Discs 1044426 1 £38.65
- Dsg 1.0 tsi Octavia
-
Front speakers on both doors tinny?
One of my front door speakers did this randomly. Just failed in the same way you described (face lift Octavia with regular speakers I guess?) I replace with a Skoda 165mm (6.5 Inch) complete BLAM EXPRESS speaker upgrade fitting kit from inCarTec https://incartec.co.uk/product/Skoda-165mm-6-5-Inch-complete-BLAM-speaker-upgrade-fitting-kit-SFK-SKO1-ES165?srsltid=AfmBOoo6o72_ZcY4joW5lXKzjbIuNGJ9tMba1HSSJlaUSgXgpXoWhQsn It's a bit of a pain to do the tweeters as you need to cut some bits out of the trim and then glue the new ones in. I used too much super glue and it came through the grille (as seen by the grey patch in the photo). One of the hardeest parts was pulling the square panels out to put the sound deadening stuff inside the door. Not sure if its worth doing that bit tbh. Also took my longer as I forgot to reattach the door opening cable to the handle before putting the door car back on.
-
Boot floor handle
I guess you mean this bit in the middle of the variable height boot floor? if anywhere has them it would be https://www.skoda-parts.com/online-store.html otherwise you might try a breakers.
-
2020 TSI 1.5 SE L automatic a good buy?
did you make a choice in the end?
-
2020 TSI 1.5 SE L automatic a good buy?
That's exactly what mine is. Physical buttons for climate. Has the bigger touch screen for car play/android auto. Start stop. Front assist Keyless entry. No lane assist or adaptive cruise. The only thing I wish it had was heated seats. Add in a Wireless android auto dongle and it's a thoroughly acceptable day to day car for hauling the family/dog/Facebook marketplace "bargains".
-
2020 TSI 1.5 SE L automatic a good buy?
I have a 2018 1.5 TSI Octavia Estate with DSG which I think gets great MPG. Cruising on the motorway or driving round town it drops to 2 cylinder mode and sips fuel. I assume it's the same engine or similar in 2020 model as mine. Although my previous car was a 2004 V70 R with a 2.5 litre 5 cylinder petrol that got at best 25 mpg. My only issue is the stop start can be a bit lump when pulling away from a stop - kinda jerks a bit if you try to pull away as soon as the engine restart.
-
Liner/mat for variable boot floor
I got a liner + carpet insert + bumper protector from carmats4u for £50 delivered. It's ok. Fits pretty well. The only complaints are the edge by the boot lip is raised up rather than flush and I had to trim a bit to get the triangle and first aid kit straps in. I always keep floor in the up position to make it easier for the dog to get in and out.
-
Wireless android auto adaptor
No idea on the byteware one, but I can recommend the new AAWireless TWO adapter. Seems to connect really quickly to phone and car.
-
2018 1.5 TSI DSG @ 135,000 miles. No history, what needs doing?
So maybe the belt never got done, but Skoda say that's probably ok for 15 years or 180,000 which does seem like a long time. Makes me less concerned. I am ok with all the other serivce items, assuming there isn't anything daft with the filters and plugs where you need special tools or the access is restricted.
-
2018 1.5 TSI DSG @ 135,000 miles. No history, what needs doing?
Hi, Picked up an Octavia Estate the other day and the garage showed me the service history for the car and said they would send it over. However after a week of chasing I haven't got anywhere with them. So now I am turning to the collective briskoda knowledge. The car has done 135,000 miles and seems all working as it should be. The interior and body work is sound and it has new pilot sport 4 tyres on it so I assume the previous owner did look after it. I've asked Skoda UK for the history they have for it and only got this which is pretty limited: 05/09/2019 Used Car MPC 10,328 05/09/2019 Oil Change Service 10,328 17/10/2018 Used Car MPC 6,063 From my reading on the forum this is what I think should have been done at what mileage: Am I best to errr on the side of caution and change plugs, pollen filter, air filter, oil + filer, and brake fluid and hope that the cam belt was done already (should there be a sticker in the engine bay for this)? The 5 MOTs the car has been through have all come back with only 2 advisories that were gone for the next MOT. I've come from a 2004 Volvo V70 so this is a little bit newer and comes with complicated sounding service intervals. Thanks, Nick