Everything posted by aronisk
-
Tyre Pressures
You should keep also in mind that a "low pressure detected" signal comes upon every 10.000 kms, without reason, just to put on the right way drivers like me, who rarely check tyre pressures...i just check how car behaves, and thats it...it is not correct, for sure,but.....anyway, since system has this function, it is very good, since 10.000 kms for me is 3 months time....when it happened for the first time, i was scared, stopped aside, saw nothing wrong, and continued carefully, although nothing had changed regarding car behaviour....the next day i checked pressures, finding very low loss in every tyre, which is normal for 4 months period...i thought it was some kind of electronic malfunction...but checked manual, where it is a clear mention of the "10.000 km" rule....so now, i know...and i check
-
Adaptive cruise control
Not with the Kodiaq in general... "Your" Kodiaq maybe.....my Kodiaq "remembered" the existence of aeb just a couple of times during parking process, and were absolutely justified, as there were a couple of pedestrians that I had not seen....and once more during driving, where I was trying to fasten seat belt during driving over me jacket, and aeb got involved as soon as it realised I had raised myself from the seat for a second.....other than that, no issues at all...quite a few times red warning of an oncoming collision, but no action....cross fingers....6 months, 14.000 Kms, no problems....
-
5 seater vs 7 seater
It is true that Kodiaq has a bit higher price, than it should, but show me a sole manufacturer nowadays who hasn't risen the prices.... On the other hand, one Kodiaq costs, as 2 Dacia bigster, or 2 1/2 duster ...this is not marketing policy at all....you can see difference in quality almost everywhere....have you checked underneath? You can see economy class in every link, ball, and metal...for that quality, it may be characterized even as overpriced too....and I think, that, when Skoda entered the market 25-30 years ago, it offered good quality, at a lower price....that was until up to days, in a less aggressive way of course...I am afraid that this is not the case with Dacia...and anyway, they admitted so, as when they were asked, about low ncap results, and if they were about to improve things, Dacia CEO, and should be honoured for that, that their target, is not making good cars, but to offer cheap alternatives...which means, if others wouldn't have risen prices, Dacia, wouldn't exist
-
No SNOW MODE or OFF ROAD MODE! 😭
First of all, you should read my messages again...there is no beef, no head crush, no nothing....just a simple disagreement. Am I allowed to?
-
No SNOW MODE or OFF ROAD MODE! 😭
I don't think at all that Skoda has this "privilege"....maybe many or even all the others do the same or even worse....but this is something else...the fact is, that it can happen the other way, but in real, it's not....the fact that, everybody does this, does not mean it is correct..
-
No SNOW MODE or OFF ROAD MODE! 😭
Another strong example of what I just said....I wanted the extra airbags for rear passengers.....I had to order them through family package, which included tablet holders, and rear curtains...what is the relationship with all of them? None...but I was "forced" to pay 600€ instead of 300€, to get an item that I wanted, and item that was indifferent to me and probably I wouldn't order, and an item that I didn't want...I think in some cases packages' items are relevant, but in most cases, they are not...so customers who want something, have to buy at the same time, something else, that, otherwise wouldn't buy...
-
No SNOW MODE or OFF ROAD MODE! 😭
This can be true as well....my Kodiaq with all extras, except head up display and third row of seats, plus genuine roof box, plus ABT tuning box, cost around 76-77.000 euros, which I think is a bit more than 60.000£ that you mentioned above...under the same specs, brother Tayron, cost roughly 8.000 € more, without a few "simply clever solutions", like tablet holders, umbrella, door protectors, underbody protection etc... On the other hand though, why extras had to be part of a package, and not offered individually?...like I wrote above, the same car in India is offered without DCC, even as an option, but with drive modes, which means that, technically, it was not impossible to be the case, in Martin 's situation
-
No SNOW MODE or OFF ROAD MODE! 😭
This is a big true also....as I mentioned I have an Octavia ABT 4x4, model 2002... winter in Greece is not like Scotland but occasionally you can meet quite harsh conditions...although I have snow socks with me I have never tried them, as I am dealing quite well with my normal summer tires....in northern Greece though, I know many drivers use winter tires...I knew my car's behaviour, but this is not a replacement of a good tire...it is just that for me in Southern Greece, winter tires are useless just for 4-5 times a year...electronic management though is another story, that also cannot be replaced by tires entirely..
-
No SNOW MODE or OFF ROAD MODE! 😭
All answers above, are correct...I had previously an Octavia ABT 4x4, with manual transmission, without such switches, that worked brilliantly -actually, it still does. That Octavia is in my hands for 24 years, it was the first model ever, that carried the l&k badge, meaning, that it had everything standard...so, when it came to order the new Kodiaq, I saw that there is no l&k option, so I created one myself, by placing in order, every option except head up display and thied row of seats...at that time, most extras, could not be placed individually, but as part of a package...e.g., DCC was part of the performance package, including, profiles, progressive steering, and something else, that I don't remember, probably hdc...even later I learned that driving modes come only with this package...I think that this is not the right way to put things..for example in India, DCC is not offered, but profiles are...it is possible that it's a marketing trick, but I am not sure to blame...I am sure though, that I don't trust the dealer, or the dealer s mechanic, not because they are bad people, but because, they were honest to me, saying for a number of matters, that they don't have an idea...this includes the use of driving profiles...imagine that they could not give me an answer, wether my seats are genuine leather, so they need some treatment from time to time, or synthetic leather...even more they asked me to inform them, for a few things...to my question, they complained that the main importer, does not train them, and in seminars, they are presented just the basics....to your question now....I repeat, that your car may work brilliantly without concerns, just you maybe need to get accustomed to it....if you had profiles, probably would be a bit easier, and have some fine tuning automatically, but I think, you shouldn't worry that much...if it was a marketing trick to push you buy something more? My short answer, is probably, yes...
-
No SNOW MODE or OFF ROAD MODE! 😭
In new model, off road mode and snow mode, are 2 of the 7 modes, that are available as driving profiles, ONLY, if you have DCC. As SuperbTWM said above, since your car is AWD, it will work as an AWD....these profiles, just help, the whole car to work a bit better...fine tuning, is a very precise phrase to describe, exactly what they do....so, if you don't have DCC, don't look for specific buttons, because there aren't....
-
Knocking noise/rattle from DCC - Sportline 2.0 Petrol
A further info, if it can help, is that, having watched the German Kodiaq forum for a long time, nobody has reported there, a similar issue with DCC, since the very beginning...
-
Knocking noise/rattle from DCC - Sportline 2.0 Petrol
Maybe, I am not sure, just read VW official announcement, nothing official from Skoda....but for sure I would never accept an excuse like "it s a feature of all Kodiaqs", because 1) it was written nowhere when we ordered our cars, 2) it s not in all Kodiaqs with DCC and 3) like you said, we didn't pay for such a noise, which may lead to something worse...
-
Knocking noise/rattle from DCC - Sportline 2.0 Petrol
It s sounds a bit strange, as this problem, followed many of 2024 Kodiaq s, but it was fixed , as the problem was the KYB absorbers that affected several models of the group, according to vag announcement.....I don't know what to say...I have them in my new Kodiaq - diesel 4x4 -, since 1/8/2025....10.000 Kms so far, knock on wood, no issues ....
-
Knocking noise/rattle from DCC - Sportline 2.0 Petrol
This is exactly what I wanted to know....is the issue something new, or it has been there since the very beginning?...if it is recent, at what mileage? Supposing everything goes fine, at what mileage/age DCC absorbers need replacing?
-
Knocking noise/rattle from DCC - Sportline 2.0 Petrol
You had this issue since it first came to you? If this is the case, why you left so much time to pass? If I understood correctly, and the issue is not quite recent.....
- Snow chains on rear wheels only – Kodiaq 4x4 with 19" wheels?
-
Snow chains on rear wheels only – Kodiaq 4x4 with 19" wheels?
This is hugely true...In Greece, law has changed, so that you have to carry them all the time, from November to march, and have to place them, every time there is a police announcement, for a specific region...but that's on papers...in real, you have to place them, mostly in touristic or crowded region where controls are constant...it has happened to me, a couple of times, travelling to south Greece, in Peloponnese territory, where the police stopped me, before entering a snowy part of the road...they asked me if I have chains, I answered that I have snow socks with me plus 4wd, they gave a glance at the car, and let me go, advising, to put the socks, if I face troubles...snow was about 3cm, for about 20 Kms....I passed with speed around 60 Kms/h, no problem....it has happened also, during a trip to central Greece with heavy snowfall, motorway covered up to 3-5 cms with snow, I passed normally with speeds up to 90 Kms/h, no problem for me, no stop for control by anyone....in northern Greece though, close to Fyrom or Bulgarian borders, controls are more often, but anyway, drivers there, use winter tires...most of them...
-
Snow chains on rear wheels only – Kodiaq 4x4 with 19" wheels?
In such a situation you should try snow socks...at least this is what I have tried with my 2002 Octavia ABT 4x4, where I had the same limitations with snow chains...although to tell you the truth, I have tried them just once to see how they fit, and since then I just have them in the trunk for police control only...in limited Greek snow falls, generally I am doing fine with summer tires and 4wd....I am intending to do the same with KODIAQ, although I think, when it's about time to change tires, to put 4 seasons...new pirelli, seem to be pretty nice, although expensive
- 2025 Kodiaq Sportline - heated door mirros
-
My Skoda app will not “wake” the car
Don't do it...when I had issues, the same happened to me...no possibility to lock the doors....just leave it, hoping that it will "recover"... I passed it, for a week now, everything works ok, so, cross fingers and go on
-
My Skoda app will not “wake” the car
It happens to me as well, during the last couple of weeks, but I thought it was some kind of systems conflict, as it started after I had pandora alarm and ABT tuning box installed. It was working after I turned off the car , but an hour later, it was blocked again...lately though, it seems to work fluently again...no battery warnings, no battery drain, as I monitor it all the time by using pandora alarm and app....
-
Auto emergency stop for no reason?
I mean ABT tuning box, not really running box 😔
-
Auto emergency stop for no reason?
I ve got a new Kodiaq TDI 193, with ABT running box, raising power to 220 (declared, measured, but not cross checked), since late August....full list of extras and accessories except 3rd row of seats and head up display....so far 8.000 Kms...I have never faced such situations, as described above...maybe it s early, but so far I have faced just a few times red warning, just an alert to take action, never triggered by itself...I have faced though a couple of stops, in reverse mode, that were absolutely correct...2 times, there was someone sitting and talking behind the car, and once more, it happened during parking process, when there was a car behind me in close distance, while my speed, was just a bit higher for the situation....yes, in all those instances, brakes applied, but absolutely correctly, to my opinion...on the other hand I have faced , quite a few times, total driver aid systems collapsed, but I believe this was due to total sensors blockage by billions of mosquitos and other insects, that are plenty in Greek motorways this period...not quite sure if that was the reason, but it happened only after long motorway trips, and close to the end of them where windscreen, bumper, and front grille, could hardly been distinguished from such a mess, and after a good wash, things were back to normal...no malfunctions in city driving so far though, regarding any part of the car, including sensors....
-
Front assist and light assist errors
Faced it just for once under similar weather conditions....it stayed for a few seconds, cleared by itself....never faced it again so far....
-
Real exhaust tips for Kodiak MK2 Sportline
Maybe it s about a diesel, which is different situation than a tsi....