Everything posted by gareth71
-
Speed limit data
Which of these would I have in a 2024 Superb L&K? Have seen lots of mentions of different infotainment system designations, but there doesn't seem to be a "this is the one you've got" kind of guide...
-
Service Campaign 94EW
Is there a known range of VIN numbers which are affected by this?
-
How to save destinations in sat nav
I'm a week into my Superb, and having given the onboard nav a try, I'll be sticking with tried-and-tested Waze. My suggestion would be to do likewise! The onboard nav seems OK for street addresses, but for POIs and named places it's dire (certainly around my locality, anyway). And its routing algorithm is just bizarre. On the short journey I tested it on, it twice attempted to take me off the main carriageway, through a bus stop, and back on!
-
Boot mat/protector
I know, that's why I'm looking for recommendations for aftermarket ones. There are plenty out there. Lots. Which makes it difficult to pick one sight-unseen. That's why I'm asking whether anyone who has one can perhaps share their thoughts, positive and negative, about what they have.
-
Boot mat/protector
Looks good, but what I'm looking for is something which has some protection for the sides (and ideally the back of the rear seat) as well as the floor.
-
Speed limit data
Not sure if this is the correct forum, apologies if not... Just wondering if anyone knows what the source(s) of information are for the speed limit display on the virtual cockpit display? Clearly the vehicle is reading whatever signage it can see with the forward-facing camera - but presumably there are other data sources coming into play? I'm finding that it's very good at reading signs as I pass them - but also very good at forgetting about a sign that I've just gone past, and falling back onto whatever database it's referencing which doesn't know about a lot of the 20mph speed limits which are now in force in Wales!
-
Tyre Pressure 2024 Mk4 Superb
Resurrecting this thread rather than starting a new one... so what pressures are those of you with the 2.0TDi 193 4x4 running at? Thought I'd check what was in mine after doing a few miles in it after delivery, and amazed to discover that the dealers had sent it out with 45psi in each corner! According to the sticker on the door frame, Skoda recommend 2.6bar (38psi near as dammit) which is what I've put them at for now, will see how it goes. What's everyone else running at?
-
Side Assist errors
OK, a follow-up to this... Earlier I made the cable which runs from the rear-view mirror USB port to my dash-cam a bit tidier, and noticed that it was previously hanging slightly in front of the sensor on the reverse of the rear-view mirror (passenger side), but now it isn't. Coincidentally - or perhaps not - the side assist errors have now cleared. I can't imagine why that particular sensor - which as I understand it is solely for the auto-dimming mirror - would relate in any way to the side assist functionality... but....?
-
Side Assist errors
Already spoken to the dealer about this, will be speaking again tomorrow. Sounds as though I might be needing to pay my local dealer a visit for a software update...
-
Side Assist errors
The car was delivered from 200 miles away yesterday, so I think that probably counts as a long drive!
-
Side Assist errors
Hmm. Second day of ownership, and error messages have started... Started the car up earlier, and got two errors - ""Error: Side Assist, exit warning system and Rear Traffic Alert" and "Proactive occupant protection system is restricted". Also get an "Error: exit warning system" on the instrument display when switching the car off. Given all the sensors in the bumpers a wipe, so no dirt etc. there. Spoke to the supplying dealer who suggested leaving it until tomorrow to see if the errors reoccur. Anyone got anything to suggest in the meantime?
-
Boot mat/protector
Took delivery of my mk4 estate yesterday - so far, so good! First 'accessory' purchase will, I think, be something to give a bit of protection to the floor and sides of the boot space when carrying loads. Anyone got any recommendations for good-quality, reasonably-priced boot protectors made to fit the car? (Or any suggestions of ones to avoid!)
-
D M Keith (York) Ltd - York
Very poor experience with this dealership. Was shopping around for a good deal on a Superb, and identified three contenders on the Skoda Approved Used site who I e-mailed asking for more details and to make contact. Nothing apart from a copy-and-paste boilerplate e-mail from DM Keith initially - then silence for several days. Finally, a phone call several days later (after I'd already done a deal on a car from elsewhere) from a salesman whose phone manner was awful - really abrupt and spoke so badly that I could barely understand a word of what was said. On the basis of that one call, even if they had phoned me back in a timely manner, they wouldn't have got my business.
-
Trans City Car Centre Ltd - Walthamstow..
Topic resurrection... Just taken delivery of a Superb mk4 from Trans City, and the purchasing experience was good. Didn't visit the dealership at all, but dealt remotely with Steve Dalligan who was really helpful and communicative. Delivery from Walthamstow to N Wales was included in the agreed purchase price, and the car arrived exactly when it was scheduled to this morning (15 mins early, actually!). Couple of very minor things which were missed in prep/valeting (nothing which I couldn't put right in 10 mins myself - but should've been picked up on a car like this coming from a main dealer) - but other than that, absolutely no complaints. Would recommend.
-
Mitchell Skoda - Chester
Good to see the mainly positive comments about Mitchells - they're my local Skoda dealership, so I'll be looking to take my Superb to them when the time comes for a service. Would've bought it from them, to be honest - Chris the salesman seemed like a decent guy - but found a cracking deal on one at Trans City in East London.
-
USB-C cable for Nextbase dashcam
Thanks for the pics. I prefer mine higher up, on the passenger side of the mirror - so I guess I'll have a fiddle about when the car arrives later in the week and see how it might fit together. The mirror housing is much wider than any I've had on previous vehicles (by necessity, I guess, for the camera which is vital to the safety systems it relates to), so the short extension might well come into play (with the connector probably in just the right place to hide away behind the mirror, which is good...).
-
USB-C cable for Nextbase dashcam
Good to know! Is it long enough on its own to get across the mirror housing and reach a dashcam installed on the passenger side, or did it need extending? I've got a short extension if I need it, but would be nice to think it'll just be long enough without...
-
Skoda Finance Query
I've just done this on a Superb - finance agreements signed, but not activated yet (delivery next week). The dealer (Trans City) assured me that cancelling the finance agreement within the 14-day cooling-off period won't affect any of those benefits - it's something they do quite a lot, apparently.
-
USB-C cable for Nextbase dashcam
Cheers for that, Dave. Trouble is, my Nextbase cam is a Mini USB connector rather than USB-C. I did a search around the forum, and found a link to a cable on Amazon which another user recommended - https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B075M4CQHZ?ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_fed_asin_title - will be giving that a try when I get the car in a few days, and see if it does what I need.
-
USB-C cable for Nextbase dashcam
Anyone got any recommendations of a useful source for a cable to power a Nextbase dashcam from the USB-C on the rear view mirror casing in a Superb mk4, please?
-
USB-C cable to Nextbase dashcam
Anyone got any recommendations of a useful source for a cable to power a Nextbase dashcam from the USB-C on the rear view mirror casing in a Superb mk4, please?
-
Hello from North Wales
Hi! Soon to be in possession of a 2024 Superb L&K 2.0TDI 4x4 estate, so thought I'd say hello. First question of what I'm sure will be quite a few is... does anyone have any recommendations for the best cable to run a Nextbase dashcam from the USB-C port on rear view mirror casing?
-
Next Base Dash Cam Installation on a Superb III SE L
Could you provide a link to the 1m cable you bought, please? Thanks.