Everything posted by gareth71
-
Trouble with OBD, Ambient Lightning, handle lock and other questions
Regardless of any issues you might be seeing with the ambient lighting package (and that sounds odd - I thought it was an 'all or nothing' kind of thing, not a situation where you could have some elements of it but not others)... if I was in your shoes I would absolutely not be happy that a) I was driving a car which had suffered significant collision damage in the recent past, and b) that car had been sold to me by a dealer who hadn't disclosed the fact to me. Personally, I'd be rejecting the car, looking for a replacement of the same or higher spec/quality at no additional cost.
-
Trouble with OBD, Ambient Lightning, handle lock and other questions
If it was me, and I'd been sold a car by a Skoda main dealer without being told that it had been involved in a serious collision and had undergone major repairs, I'd absolutely be rejecting the vehicle and raising a complaint with the local council's Trading Standards department (and probably also getting a solicitor involved). You don't say where you are - but in the UK, if you ask a dealer whether a car has ever sustained any accident damage, they have to declare it. Not doing so (and by the sound of what you say they subsequently told you, the absolutely knew about it) would put them on extremely dodgy ground legally-speaking.
-
Dashcam recommendations for Superb 4
I have a NextBase in mine. They used to be my go-to brand for dash cams - I've had three in my vehicles, and I got them for my daughter, partner and mother too. However, I'm not sure that I could, in all good conscience, recommend them now. Last spring they made some changes to their Dashcam Viewer software which introduced a fatal bug into the Mac version - rendering it un-runnable on MacOS (certainly for me, and I'm aware of lots of other people who have the same issue). Their customer service has been shocking - they told me last April that "a fix is imminent", and that turned out to be the first of many lies. Bottom line is that, 9 months on and many "an update to fix the problem is just around the corner" untruths, there still isn't a fix. At least they've stopped saying it's "imminent" now, and are being more truthful by telling me they have no idea when it'll be resolved! So, basically, not-too-bad cameras, awful aftersales service.
-
Software failure not so Superb
I guess I got lucky - mine was only in for two days, all went well with no issues. There seem to be quite a few instances of this update taking a lot longer than anticipated due to unforeseen problems, though.
-
Tyre size
... Neither of which are 'my' tyre place. I've got my local independent tyre-fitting shop who I've been using for years.
-
Tyre size
I don't think they'll care either way, to be honest - they're competent enough to be able to deal with any sort of TPMS system they might encounter. If anything, I think they were probably more put-out when I got the 4-series - the previous 3-series did like to go through tyres! Its replacement was much better. The Superb is, as far as I know, still on its original tyres out of the factory. Currently at about 12k miles, and they've got a good bit of life left in them yet...
- Spurious Emergency Stops
-
Tyre size
I think that's more to do with the driver's choice of tyre fitter than the TPMS system! I came to Skoda after two BMWs which, combined, saw me through about 16 years of motoring. They both had TPMS. Multiple tyre changes, and my local trusted tyre place never had a problem with the TPMS valves. I guess it depends on whether the fitter knows what they're doing.
-
Tyre size
Have to admit, I was a tiny bit disappointed that the Superb (mines a 2024 L&K) doesn't have active TPMS - just seems to be a passive system which, once set, monitors wheel rotation through the ABS sensor and throws a warning if there's any imbalance across one of the wheels. Coming from a 2016 4-series with active TPMS, I sometimes miss the ability to check actual pressures on the screen. Seems like a strange thing to sacrifice when looking for things to value-engineer out of a new model.
-
What are these red LED's?
They illuminate the area around the centre console. Can't believe the dealer didn't know the answer to that...
-
Streaming on middle screen
- Canton 2025 phev estate best sound settings?
I arrived at a sound setting which is pretty similar to the one in the photo above - just with a little bit less top-end on the EQ. You'd expect a 'premium' sound system to sound pretty decent with all the settings flat, and only require a bit of tweaking to adjust it to the preferences of the listener - it's quite disappointing that it requires so much EQ to get it to sound good. And yes, the subwoofer is pathetic, really! Even turned up to its maximum setting, it's only just adequate. The best sub I've ever had in a vehicle was in an old Volvo V70 - an active sub which sat in the spare wheel well, sounded lovely (really deep and rich), and which could, when given a bit of a thrash, get the rear view mirror vibrating!- Has anyone experienced any malfunctions with their 2025 Skoda Superb?
Yes, it's an annoyance in damp, frosty or dewy conditions - whatever sensors are getting fogged up take a few minutes to clear. I guess there's no way around it. I guess fuel consumption is dependent on the type of driving you're doing, and your style of driving. I have the same car as you - on short urban journeys I'm averaging an MPG in the low 40s ; on longer motorway runs I can get close to 60mpg averaged across the journey. There are a couple of very minor, but still audible (if only barely) squeaks and rattles. I think it might be mainly due to very slight movement of the doors, and the rubber door seals rubbing against the bodywork. Applying LiquiMoly rubber care to the seals helped a bit. In 8 months of owning the car, I've only had two instances of the emergency brake assist cutting in when it shouldn't have done. Fortunately, both occasions were when I was parking the car, and not when pulling away from a junction or roundabout (I believe this has happened to other people).- Playing Shuffle tracks from bluetooth iPhone
What source are you playing from? Apple Music? Spotify? Something else?- Software failure not so Superb
Can't edit this into my last post for some reason, so posting again just to add... another minor annoyance which has now been resolved is having to re-select climate control sync after every use of the 'max windscreen defrost' function - it correctly re-establishes sync now when the window-clearing function is switched off.- Software failure not so Superb
Software update now applied to car according to 90EE service campaign (taking all modules to PV4 baseline). All the errors which have been persistently appearing on start-up for the last two months have now cleared. Some other things I've noticed immediately are as 'hrk7' says - black screen on Carplay when adjusting climate, volume, etc. is resolved. I now get a "don't forget your mobile phone" reminder when leaving the car, which I've never had before (and I might now turn off!!). Small changes to instrument cluster display (lane assist and ACC icons have moved, speed limit roundel is clearer). Time will tell whether I now finally have a car with fit-for-purpose software...!- ACC issue in very wet weather.
Definitely get it looked at under warranty. Turns out the software on the mk4 Superb is atrocious - riddled with bugs and issues. Mine's booked in for a 3-day software update next month, which I'm told will hopefully solve a very long list of problems which I've encountered since purchasing six months ago. Apparently, updating from software baseline PV2 to PV4 (which, as far as I can tell, is pretty much what service campaign 90EE was all about) will resolve all my issues. We'll see...- Upgrade from Mk3 to Mk4?
All we need now is for Apple Maps to be usable as a navigation app in the UK, and not have most of its POIs in completely the wrong location 😆- Software failure not so Superb
Latest... car went to local dealer for diagnostics this morning. Outcome - onboard logs show multiple instances of various modules throughout the vehicle losing comms. Needs to go in for 2-3 days of software updates to take it from software baseline PV2 to PV4 (basically the equivalent of the 90EE service campaign, but the dealership seemed very reluctant to refer to it as such when I asked!). Booked in for the middle of next month - after which I guess I have to wait and see which problems are resolved, and which ones persist.- Software failure not so Superb
I've disabled the foot sensor on my tailgate for exactly that reason - far too sensitive when getting close to the rear of the car while leaning into the cargo space. Assist errors on foggy/dewy/damp mornings and evenings - yup, getting those too. My guess is that the moisture on the screen (inside or outside - not sure) is obstructing the camera, and the errors clear after a couple of minutes.- BST/GMT switching
Unfortunately, that's the conclusion that I'm beginning to arrive at after a few months of ownership. Starting to think that moving to a Skoda from that well-known Bavarian brand might not have been such a good idea.- BST/GMT switching
Surprised to have had to manually switch my Superb (2024) from BST to GMT after the clock change over the weekend. Surely on a £40k+ top-of-the-line car there should be a way to get it to make that switch automatically? Even my 20-year-old £50 Sony clock radio can do that without me having to intervene! Is there something I'm missing here?- Hill hold often has turned itself off
Yup.- Car unexpectedly braking when in ACC
I think this is possibly inaccurate/incorrect mapping data in the car, and the ACC thinking that it needs to make adjustments for road features which don't exist (or aren't as mapped). Poor-quality map data is the main reason that I've found Travel Assist mode to be virtually unusable, certainly around my local area - there are so many incorrect speed limits on the map for roads in my part of north Wales and Cheshire that it's actually unsafe to use ACC - the car will 'read' a speed limit sign and adjust its speed accordingly, only to have this overridden by incorrect map data a short distance later. Someone did kindly give me the link a while back for submitting updates to mapped speed limit data, which I tried on a few local roads - it made absolutely no difference, the submitted changes seem to have been completely ignored and remain incorrect.- Has anyone experienced any malfunctions with their 2025 Skoda Superb?
400-mile motorway drive without ACC or any front assist systems yesterday. Very dull. However, to keep it interesting a new sort of error appeared!! About half an hour after setting off for home yesterday evening... bong! "Lane assist unavailable", and the lane assist symbol turned amber with a '!' mark. That lasted for about 2-3 seconds, then cleared. Half a minute later - same thing again. This cycle then repeated, 2 or 3 times a minute, for the next 10 minutes or so. Just as I resigned myself to having to endure it for the next three hours - it stopped. Date and time noted, so hopefully the workshop will be able to see these errors when they plug the car in and work out what was going on. Less than 5 months of Skoda ownership so far - and I've already had way more issues with it than I did in over a decade of BMW ownership beforehand. Starting to wonder if I made the right choice... - Canton 2025 phev estate best sound settings?
Important Information
Welcome to BRISKODA. Please note the following important links Terms of Use. We have a comprehensive Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.