Everything posted by normanb
-
OIl pump belt
Sure I saw a post about a low mileage VW engine where the oil pump belt had snapped. No idea what engine it was, hence thought I would ask.
-
OIl pump belt
Hi not long had this facelift mk3, just found out it has a rubber belt driving the oil pump. Is this a belt that needs to be changed at any particular mileage? Car has 89000 miles on it.
-
Entry lights
Hi I have a 2019 Octavia that doesn't have the entry/puddle lights on the front doors. Living in the back of beyond I thought they might be useful, is it a real faff to fit ones?
-
Hatchback not unlocking with key
Sorry just worked it out need to hold button down not just press it.
-
Hatchback not unlocking with key
My key shows in the middle an icon for unlocking the rear hatch. When I press it though it just flashes the indicators. Was this an option that maybe wasn't fitted or where would you start looking for a problem?
-
How To - Reverse Camera Fitting Guide
Yes I know that, that I was wondering about the differences between it and the OP.
-
How To - Reverse Camera Fitting Guide
No thoughts anyone?
-
How To - Reverse Camera Fitting Guide
Hi, just ordered this camera kit from Ali Express (don't get me started on what a faff that was). Seems to be the one recommended, but the connectors shown seem to be quite different to the one at the start of this topic. It's for an Octavia 2018.
-
Special tool
Ah ok so you do need one. This looks like it will do everything. £8.99. May need it for daughters car as well (Toyota) eBay UK23Piece UNIVERSAL HEAVY DUTY BRAKE CALIPER PISTON REWIND...This tool kit allows you to rewind the pistons in brake calipers by hand without damaging the gaskets in the pistons. Save money on garage fees and safely rewind your brake pistons using this kit!...
-
Special tool
Hi, been looking through the workshop manual for Octavia, intending to replace the rear discs and pads. According to the manual I need a special tool to rewind/push back the pistons. Can it be done without this tool, I looked up the part number given in the manual and it's nearly £350. A bit steep for occasional use. Any advice, as I've not worked on calipers that have the handbrake in the caliper before.
-
Hello
Thanks, yes a little breezy here, is a gale anywhere else 😀. Looking forward to learning lots from these forums. Being a bit 'out of the way', our nearest Skoda dealer is 120 miles and a ferry trip away.
-
Radio and nav
Thank you. That's what I've been doing. I thought I must have missed something.
-
Hello
Just got an Octavia 2018, previous car had for 13 years a Kia Carens, hope the Skoda lasts as long. Should see us out if it does. 75yrs old and live in Orkney, ex mechanic from the 70's early 80's.
-
Radio and nav
Hi, Just got a 2018 Octavia. All seems ok except I can't have the sat nav on without the radio. I switch on and select nav and the radio is already on. How do you turn off the radio and still have the nav on?