Skip to content

zeta_91

Finding my way
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by zeta_91

  1. zeta_91 reviewed danfer's gallery image in Octavia Technical
  2. Not only -- but also ... The metal pipe that the bent rubber pipe attaches to the sensor, is a large > shape with the point having a mounting tab that should be bolted to the timing cover? Can anyone tell me the bolt size and length needed, as mine is nowhere to be seen, and the whole thing flaps about. No prizes for guessing what it does when the engine is revving.
  3. Finally managed to transfer photo from my phone ...
  4. I've recently had a water pump & timing belt change. Had to do a trip about 400 miles -- only just been able to check the workmanship! They broke the old sensor (which they'd told me about) -- nothing a bit of araldite couldn't fix, but -- had to have a new one. Problem is they seem to have fitted a new tube as well, which I don't think is "up to spec". It's thin rubber, very flexible, so much so that it's folded into a 90 degree bend (which probably still transmits the pressure, but isn't ideal) and also split open at the connector -- which probably doesn't transmit the pressure. In the light of the risk of melting when it's not air-tight -- I'll not be driving it like this! Useful to know only one connection is normal -- I was definitely sceptical about seeing two connectors on the new sensor. (photo to follow ...)
  5. Thanks @Cairus that's really comprehensive.
  6. Most Radio 105.8 FM, an Indonesian radio station
  7. Music & Opera Singers Trust ? 🙃 (it's in Australia)
  8. Thanks Cairus I think it does have DAB ( though in the reality that exists here in the mountains, getting FM for a few seconds as I pass a dip in the skyline feels like an achievement ) What is MOST? I have a speaker in each front door -- I'd hesitate to call it a "system" ( though they are connected to a CD head unit that takes up 85% of the glove box leaving only enough room for a medium sized bar of Toblerone™ – meanwhile – there's an aching chasm behind the screen ... )
  9. Sorry, I think I should have tagged @pab567 or @Cairus for help ^^^
  10. Hi, I have the following system details on my mkIII Octavia Elegance -- Device part #: 5E 003 587 4A Hardware: 040 Software: 0421 It has the smaller screen, MIB1, but not sure if it's Bolero, Amundsen or Columbus? I assume this has never been updated, but I don't get the download screen, as I don't have the maps SD card -- it just complains about not having a card. I'm getting a card off the Yorkshire bay -- by gum! How do I get the latest soft/firm ware? Maybe the software on the SD card will also need updating, regularly ...
  11. I think I have a similar problem. Since buying my car a few years ago there's been an immediate high-pitched screech on starting (thankfully muffled) from the rear seat behind me, which settles down to a disgruntled mumbling. It didn't seem to cause any problems, so I haven't pursued it, but now I suspect it's causing fuel starvation when under sustained heavy load. It can manage about 2.5 gal/hr but not 3. (40mph @ 13mpg -- starts to die after about a minute). Seeing as it drives well otherwise, and hasn't got worse, do you think it is likely to be the pump or the control unit? @Vanthrax01 Is your spare fuel pump still available? I will be driving to Bedford in a week or so.

Important Information

Welcome to BRISKODA. Please note the following important links Terms of Use. We have a comprehensive Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.