Skip to content

Nackuk

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Nackuk

  1. While this isn't going to be the answer to your problem maybe it will help you solve it. On my Mk1 I had the fans come on and they came on like jet fighter engines. They would always come on when the ignition was on. I looked at many things, the electrical schematics, the so called control modules that are brought up on the web. But nope i could not work it out. A licenced VCDS would not see an error code either. Now I can't remember how I worked it out maybe it was the the simplest thing to change in the electrical schematic, but it was in fact the air conditioning pressure sensor failed but in state that meant no error code had come up it was just asking for the fans to come on max. I swapped it and the issue went (luckily the sensor was on a Schrader valve). Maybe have a closer look at the DPF pressure sensor or temp sensor.
  2. The timing belt does not need to jump a tooth for the cam sensor to say hi im not happy, as I’ve found out and was scratching my head in confusion. If the belt was put on but far enough to the in range limit, then as the belt expands slightly with age it hits the limit for the cam sensor to say hey it’s not right. Put a new belt on set it up right, adjust the pulley cam pulley when doing it. To be safe get a new cam sensor put in as the belt has to come off anyway to change it. Mine did show in vcds cam crank sensor issue though. It allowed it to turn over but not start. Although I’ve changed many cam belts, it took my two attempts at setting this one up right, even with the tools. First time it was only so very slightly out, which normally wouldn’t be an issue. It got mine going again first click of the key. It’s was only minutely out by eye.
  3. The unsealed gromit will cause this much water to enter, the high pressure in the area of the windscreen causes air and fluid to enter the low pressure of the cabin by any route. Hence also the usual water issue on the other side. I have seen this issue before on another car which had a swimming pool in it out the drivers side. Remove the rear passenger well plug of a while to let the damp out. There will be tonnes of water undert he carpet in the insulation foam.
  4. Yep, got the timing tool set and Skoda manual to follow. All seams okay. Wound it round several times to recheck before putting the covers on.
  5. Hi, I need some help with my superb 2009 tdi cr 170. It had an issue where it would start from cold every time. But once warm it would take about 5 attempts to start. The glow plug lamp would come on and engine would not fire. I did a vcds which said bank 1 out of correlation. I then changed the cam belt, the timing looked okay and the new timing positions look fine with the new belt on. At the same time I replaced the cam sensor as it is located behind the timing belt. Since then it has only started once, and never again. Now I’m a bit stumped. The vcds read out I get is below which is the same as before. Any suggestions I would appreciate. I’m pondering if I’ve got some broken wires in the working harness? Address 01: Engine (CBB) Labels: 03L-906-022-CBA.clb Part No SW: 03L 906 022 QH HW: 03L 906 022 GA Component: R4 2.0l TDI G000SG 9978 Revision: 13H01--- Serial number: Coding: 0201072 Shop #: WSC 91750 042 00000 VCID: 7BF54BD03AC859579A-802E VINID: 91D4925870E405124000920820ABEFB59A 1 Fault Found: 000022 - Bank 1: CMP Sensor (G40) / Engine Speed Sensor (G28) P0016 - 000 - Incorrect Correlation Freeze Frame: Fault Status: 01100000 Fault Priority: 2 Fault Frequency: 63 Reset counter: 255 Mileage: 289664 km Time Indication: 0 Date: 2016.11.25 Time: 18:14:53 Freeze Frame: RPM: 1058 /min Speed: 0.0 km/h Load: 0.0 % Voltage: 11.86 V Idle Stabilization: -2.7°KW RPM: 536 /min (no units): 33.0
  6. my normal lights now. and my head lights
  7. best photo I have of it. Red pipe goes into hose connected with clip, does a tight turn and clips into plastic box with clip. awkward pipe to get to sit in position correctly to allow those clips to go fully home. Be sure they are. The turbo pressure will push the pipe off otherwise especially if the car is remapped.
  8. I can confirm that my main beam was very bright, but dipped beam was appalling when I changed mine.. difference is amazing on dipped lights now 😁
  9. Phernominal is what it should have said 😏
  10. While it’s a bit of a blurry photo, the difference is over nominal 😁
  11. wow what difference, the others were really naff and past their sell by date by the looks of it. I wasn’t expecting much but wow everything is bright now, I can even see the sides of the road much brighter, and can see the lights moving left and right a lot more now. so glade I bothered to change them now as they’re not cheap.
  12. Old bulbs old bulb old bulbs will the new ones be any brighter. we will find out tonight.
  13. I’ve decided to replace the front bulbs not knowing how old they are with the Osram night breakers. God knows how long the bulbs have been in but thought if I was going to change may as well do it before the lighter nights. New bulb set new bulb old bulb Old bulb
  14. Skoda dealers have a set price for these to be done +£100 for the water pump to be changed at same time.
  15. You do know the fog lights are built into the headlamps on these? A bit high up but they should be there. As for the rear you can make both sides light up with a wire from one side to the other.
  16. A great thing to do. Yeah the 18th Ed look better but the ride with these is just great 😁
  17. Thankyou very much
  18. Hi my licking wheel nut broke trying to get the nut off. Grr. whatcare options to get them all off now so I can change them. im guessing it’s the original that came with the car.
  19. Remember these service figures are to make it less costly to own, especially if your buying as a company fleet. If you want it to last change the oil at 10k.
  20. Nope there are two brackets available for the aluminium one. Do not know about the plastic one. I haven’t bothered with the new one. But the bracket shown in my photos is the better one of the two available for the aluminium one.
  21. With the bracket fitted the clog sits in this position when at rest. Exciting stuff I know Better bracket.
  22. A close up of the position. The fully open position at the other end of the cog is the same. If you fit a bracket. Note there are two on ebay. This one is the better fit, and easier to fit out of the two as it grips in place. I have both.
  23. This is the motor with the swing arm at rest Inside we have some coggs. The bottom one has the end stop which looks like it acts a gentle spring stop and also over time no longer stops it in the center. See how it is pulled to one side. Close up. I take it fitting a bracket stops this.

Important Information

Welcome to BRISKODA. Please note the following important links Terms of Use. We have a comprehensive Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.