Everything posted by FUBAR
-
FUBAR's vRS drought has ended! - Introducing 'Slimer' (NOW SOLD)
Before and after pics of latest bit replacing the basic stereo but retaining / expanding the functionality.
-
Android 10 Stereo £162 AliExpress gamble! Results:
Took my time in finding the one I liked the look of to replace my MIB1 with it's micro screen and ordered one that I'd seen seller/manufacturer recommended around the internet a bit for Mk3 Octy specifically and has been far better than I expected. I don't get the use out of the car to justify spending out on OEM and I like the pretty open ended possibilities that this offers and I get my bigger screen look. Octacore 4GB/64GB model on link below: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000642821453.html A bit of a rushed install as I was at home on standby when I went out to start and phone rang.... All matched up well, connected 2 supplied cables to power the inline antenna amplifier and brought all over towards centre behind screen where all would now plug into back of new unit, just enough and no more to work without stretching on RHD models. Canbus module with it works perfectly and allows full integration into all bits to play with and keep functionality for settings etc, I've retained the factory USB port as is with it an added another to glovebox as I could run 2 lines from it. Factory mic isn't utilised so has 3.5mm mic plug at back and will run one from that up to beside where factory one lives when I get a chance, inbuilt one by reviews says its just too quiet, so not even going to go there. Short clip to show some of features I have gained for £162 from those industrious folk way East. All pics and vid still have screen protector film on so makes it look a little less crisp, but does a good job for my needs and can play with Carista and VAGDPF now on the big screen finally
-
Android radio
Just stumbled across this thread and I've just fitted a similar one in my Mk3 Octy and ordered on aliexpress specs etc as ordered 4gb/64gb octacore etc etc there are hundreds of sellers with different brands against the same unit form factors with varying internals and software set ups on there. But mine was £162 delivered and has been fantastic so far, the same seller here of mine has all other models etc so might be worth seeing one someone has used before. https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000642821453.html
-
11111 1111.1 The Show Us Your Odo Thread! (now 12345 678.9) + Brisky Tree odo fun
I love the virtual cockpit !!!
-
11111 1111.1 The Show Us Your Odo Thread! (now 12345 678.9) + Brisky Tree odo fun
-
FUBAR's vRS drought has ended! - Introducing 'Slimer' (NOW SOLD)
hahahahaha I am nowhere near that dedicated! I am sticking with my bottom of bottom spec stereo and coding the number plate lights is about the limit of my VCDS comfort zone.
-
FUBAR's vRS drought has ended! - Introducing 'Slimer' (NOW SOLD)
The 'Slimer' is now more or less complete (my initial wee bits n bobs done **copy&pasted to original post to keep adding to it up there): Windows tinted Skoda main dealer timing belt&pump, AC service & Brake fluid change Official Skoda rubber mats Team Heko wind deflectors Front lower bumper gloss black trim piece Extra gemini alloy sourced and refurbed with the other 4 to all one colour (BMW A22 Sparking Graphite) 4X Michelin PS4's on freshly refurbed wheels New colour coded and black round Skoda badges front and back Black rear vRS badge Rear lettering banished (have black lettering but not using it) My reg of course Start Stop deactivated Skoda LED number plate lights fitted and coded New front and rear cameras fitted and hardwired Additional 12V sockets and USB charging port / charge station installed in glove box Android head unit fitted (AliExpress job) Front splitter fitted (The AliExpress special) Official Skoda rubber winter mats New Bosch wipers all round New rear wiper motor, arm, blade, end cap and grommet (when in Rome...) New Varta battery (factory one retired due to age / fear) Skoda main dealer service & headlight adjustment A scattering of pics to cover most of the above:
-
FUBAR's vRS drought has ended! - Introducing 'Slimer' (NOW SOLD)
I have been after a Dragon Skin Green Superb Sportline 280 hatch for some time and found 'the one' in deepest southernist England, then COVID happened and I had to wait and finally missed it. With all the uncertainty around work at moment, I decided to play it safe and went for something that would cope with a longer commute if I have to find a new job and cost a hell of a lot less..... So ater 2 years without a vRS (bus till a Skoda), vRS No.5 has been acquired. Money Pit section subject to continual additions over time (UPDATED 22/02/2022): Windows tinted Skoda main dealer timing belt&pump, AC service & Brake fluid change Official Skoda winter rubber mats Team Heko wind deflectors Front lower bumper gloss black trim piece Extra gemini alloy sourced and refurbed with the other 4 to all one colour (BMW A22 Sparking Graphite) 4X new Skoda center caps for the above refurb 4X Michelin PS4's on freshly refurbed wheels New colour coded and black round Skoda badges front and back Black rear vRS badge Rear lettering banished (have black lettering but not using it) My reg of course Start Stop deactivated Skoda LED number plate lights fitted and coded New front and rear cameras fitted and hardwired Additional 12V sockets and USB charging port / charge station installed in glove box New Pagid rear discs & pads Android head unit fitted (AliExpress job) Front splitter fitted (The AliExpress special) Official Skoda mud flaps front & rear New Bosch wipers all round New rear wiper motor, arm, blade, end cap and grommet (when in Rome...) New Varta battery (factory one retired due to age / fear) Skoda main dealer service & headlight alignment Dynamic LED wing mirror indicators dark tint Fitted carpet floor mats Reverse Camera / boot latch New drivers door window switch pack New fuel filler flap actuator 4X new vRS honeycomb style centre caps to replace the failed Skoda ones, that replaced the failed Skoda ones... DAB+ added to Android head unit Genuine coolant expansion tank without 'MIT SILIKAT' (went into main dealer for timing belt @ pump change and came back with different tank, didn't have silicone sachet in before, didn't notice for a year GURRRRR) vRS decal insert for dash pod
-
Briski Bikers Come Forward! - Part II 'General Banter'
Continuing on from the first thread as it's a bit bloated with regards to kindness to the forum, it can continue on here now As Colin suggested we should really make the most of having our own part of the forum and can start a new thread for anything like some of our long running successful other ones we have already. The old thread continued into this one can still be where we just shoot the breeze, we used it as if it were a section of the forum all in it's own with dozens of topics along the way.
-
11111 1111.1 The Show Us Your Odo Thread! (now 12345 678.9) + Brisky Tree odo fun
On this night, year of our Skoda 2013, at 1900 CET. Behold the odometer porn! That is all!!! ***EDIT*** This is not the picture I posted originally, someone suggested I should edit it to show BIG speed to see how long before a troll appeared condemning it, hence the when you look at it twice dodgy looking '2' as it was a '2' off another pic from the 1/2 mark on fuel gauge. This did put my MS Paint skills to the test I might add! But since no one decided to bite I might as well show the original pic I posted lol. ps. Well done all for no one being a fuss pot!