Everything posted by rit
-
Electric seat working but memory buttons not working
Hi guys - I can still move the seat around but when I come to use the memory setting buttons - nada. So does this mean it's not a fuse issue? If not what else could be the problem?
-
Side lights
Too dim for that
-
Side lights
Thanks - shows on screen as side lights - but I don't think they would light much up
-
Rain sensor not sticking to glass
Been into Skoda dealership twice and it keeps detaching - so intermittent fails to detect when it's raining. Anyone else had this issue?
-
Side lights
-
TV in octavia
Is there any way of getting the Columbus head unit in my L&G Octy to have the TV tuner they have in the superb?
-
To L&K owners - I love my L&K Octy but wish
it had the TV tuner like you got in the L&K MK3 Superb. It's almost bothering me enough to think about swapping (although Octavia boot is more than big enough for me). Is this something you really appreciate or something you don't use that often. My one concern would be parking up and watching TV for a few hours and then the car not starting. Is battery drain a problem? Is it possible to upgrade the Columbus in the Octy to get a tuner. And is the aerial in the front windscreen noticeable?
-
Door sill kick plate part number
-
New windscreen - intermittent wipers
Not sure
-
New windscreen - intermittent wipers
Intermittent wipers don't do anything on any setting. Could this be something to do with windscreen being replaced?
-
Rear jet washer
-
Rattle to the right hand side of instrument cluster
Surely mine is not the only mk 3 in the country with a rattle
-
Rattle to the right hand side of instrument cluster
I've got something that sounds like an angry wasp to the rh side of dashboard. I'd love to get it fixed. I replaced the satnav it came with for the bigger version. Don't know if this caused the problem Also getting the workshop error issue which I believe is something to do with the microwitch in the DSG gear selector. The thing is it's only beeping very infrequently. Is it worth getting this fixed at the same time as the rattle? It could be that the workshop error gets no worse than beeping a few times a month
-
Shell Helix Ultra Professional av-l v ap-l
It's a 1.8 tsi Skoda Octavia mk 3 pre-facelift. I change the oil every 7.5k miles
-
Shell Helix Ultra Professional av-l v ap-l
Had car serviced and they've put in ap-l 0w-30 rather than av-l. If the ap-l doesn't meet the VW 502 00 standard would you change it for the av-l or is it unlikely to make any difference?
-
Oil pump on 1.4 v 1.8
WOT blast through?
-
Oil pump on 1.4 v 1.8
I know both engines have turbos and that with turbo engines you need to keep pumping oil after the engine is switched off but I never heard the pump kick in on my 1.4 tsi Am I miss remembering?
-
Adaptive Cruise Control resetting
Hi everyday when I get on the motorway the distance has reset to minimum even though the previous day it was set near maximum. Does it reset for everyone? Can I make it retain previous setting? Thanks
-
58.5 mpg
I was drafting at 55-60 mph and eco mode on the downhill sections
-
58.5 mpg
I got 58.5 mpg on the M6 in my 1.8 tsi I was happy with that
-
Distance since start - reset time
Does anyone know how long the car needs to be left alone before the distance driven resets to zero
-
DSG plaquette
Official gearknob is £230
-
DSG plaquette
Is this easy to remove? I want a cheap gear knob but can't find one with L&K text. Hoping to buy the plaquette separately and swap over
-
Phone Bluetooth sounds like a dalek
Thanks guys - Changed the AVRCP to 1.4 and it started working again. Strange thing is I changed it back to 1.6 version and it continued working
-
Phone Bluetooth sounds like a dalek
Music plays fine over bluetooth but when I phone anyone it soulds like Dr Who's arch nemesis