Everything posted by rit
-
Lane assist not moving steering wheel
-
Lane assist not moving steering wheel
Thanks the only option I can find in the menus though is on or off. Can't find anything else
-
flat bottom steering wheel with paddles part number
the only ones i can see are on line are the vrs with red stitching. i'm after the one you you could upgrade to in se l. thanks
-
will 3V0 035 020 mib2 for Superb work in an octavia mk3?
I found out from this site that the 3V0 035 020 mib2 supports the columbus 8" screen and has car play. I looked online and found someone selling this head unit with athe display screen for the suberb. Will this head unit work in octavia 3 and even if it does work will it have the superb in all the onscreen car images when you hit the vehicle button? If it does have the superb image can it be loaded with the image of the octavia? only a small gripe but it would bother me. thanks
-
Lane assist not moving steering wheel
Had an Octavia in 2016 which I specced to include lane assist. Replaced it with 2015 L&K which also has lane assist as standard. But on the L&K all the lane assist does is activate warning lights in the instrument cluster. It doesn't affect the steering like it did on my previous Octavia. Is there since option I need to select for it to control steering. Thanks
-
keep buying the wrong main unit for octavia mk 3 columbus head unit
P&P?
-
keep buying the wrong main unit for octavia mk 3 columbus head unit
These seem crazy prices for something that is second hand. The Columbus option was only £750 when I bought car in 2016
-
keep buying the wrong main unit for octavia mk 3 columbus head unit
How do I find out which of these units were in my 2016 MK3 Octavia? 3G0 035 021 - MIB2 VW Discover Pro 3G0 035 043 - MIB2 VW Discover Pro 3G0 035 045 - MIB2 VW Discover Pro 3Q0 035 043 - MIB2 VW Discover Pro 3Q0 035 824 C - MIB2 VW Composition Media 3Q0 035 819 - MIB2 VW Composition Media 3Q0 035 846 - MIB2 VW Discover Media (MQB) 3Q0 035 864 - MIB2.5 VW Discover Media (MQB) 3Q0 035 874 - MIB2 VW Discover Media (MQB) 3V0 035 020 - MIB2 Skoda Columbus 3V0 035 021 - MIB2 Skoda Columbus 3V0 035 043 - MIB2 Skoda Columbus 3V0 035 045 - MIB2 Skoda Columbus 3V0 035 046 - MIB2 Skoda Columbus 5C0 035 680 - MIB2 VW Discover Media (PQ)
-
keep buying the wrong main unit for octavia mk 3 columbus head unit
Do those units have car play thought. Thought I'd heard only the mib2 unit has car play
-
keep buying the wrong main unit for octavia mk 3 columbus head unit
Thanks but I think the unit that goes in the glove box is called the 'main' unit. The unit with the screen is the head unit
-
keep buying the wrong main unit for octavia mk 3 columbus head unit
Thanks - how do I find the part number for my car of the unit that goes in the glovebox
-
keep buying the wrong main unit for octavia mk 3 columbus head unit
bought part no 81A 035 044. this is an mib2 and i assumed any mib2 was interchangable between all vag cars. it appears i was wrong. installer says this won't run the columbus head unit i've bought separately (5E0 919 606) after much research i think i need either of these two main units 3v0 035 020 3v0 035 021 but can work out the difference between them. can anyone help out?
-
Clicking left and right for favourite radio stations
The list that the up and down buttons on the steering wheel traverses - is just the stations as they appear according to their frequency. If you are on radio 1 and click the right button you go to radio 2, then radio 3 etc. I want to switch between favourites
-
ECO mode not staying engaged
My 1.8 coasts but disengages at much higher speeds than my 1.4 used to disengage at - but then reengages and stays engaged if I just tap the accelerator again So it can coast in ECO at the lower speed but it's a two step process
-
Clicking left and right for favourite radio stations
The buttons on the steering wheel go to the next radio station - but not to your next favourite. Is there any way to change this?
-
ECO mode not staying engaged
Why would the car need to break if you haven't asked it to?
-
ECO mode not staying engaged
I've gone from 1.4tsi 7 speed dry clutch to 1.8tsi 7 speed dry clutch. One thing I've noticed is that when coasting in ECO mode it often disengages and selects a low gear (3 or 4). I don't remember this happening in the 1.4 If when it disengages I tap the accelerator again - it will go back into ECO mode and then stay there. Is this just a case of a bigger engine needing to rev higher until I override by tapping accelerator again?
-
Amundson or Columbus
Thanks I can see the difference now. Really did think the one I was looking at was the 8"
-
Amundson or Columbus
But it also looks identical to the Columbus in my previous Octavia
-
Amundson or Columbus
Communicating with a company that retrofits infotainment systems. They are saying this is an Amundson but did they make an 8" Amundson? I'm thinking this is a Columbus because of the larger screen
-
Infotainment Amundson to MIB2.5 any regrets
-
Infotainment Amundson to MIB2.5 any regrets
I have the Amundsun with the 6.5" screen I think it is. I want the bigger 8" screen but vw-retrofit only have the mib2.5 not the mib2 I know the mib2.5 has better screen resolution but I like the tactile feel of actually pushing the buttons. Also concerned that the glass on the mib 2.5 will be a lot easier to scratch than the matt effect screen on the mib2 Anyone miss the mib2 after swapping. Thanks in advance
-
What tyres?
Mine came with dunlop sport maxx RT and I've stuck with that brand and type. They tend to get cracks on the walls after about two years. Why suggestion for longer lasting tyres without breaking the bank. Thanks
-
passenger mirror not unfolding
occasionally (1 every 10 times) the passenger mirror doesn't unfold. I have to close the driver mirror and then reopen again which then opens both of them. How long would you put up with this before getting it fixed? I'm thinking it could be expensive to find an intetrmittant fault like this. thanks
-
Workshop error leave in position P gear selector or microswitch?
bit annoyed because I've told the dealer what I think the problem is and mentioned the thread on here but they say they will still need to diagnose the problem becaudse they dont know if they have the gear selector that can have the alteration - so that we priobably cost me £90