Skip to content

rit

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by rit

  1. Hi guys - I can still move the seat around but when I come to use the memory setting buttons - nada. So does this mean it's not a fuse issue? If not what else could be the problem?
  2. Too dim for that
  3. Thanks - shows on screen as side lights - but I don't think they would light much up
  4. Been into Skoda dealership twice and it keeps detaching - so intermittent fails to detect when it's raining. Anyone else had this issue?
  5. Is the bulb for these strip lights something that can be done by Halfords?
  6. Is there any way of getting the Columbus head unit in my L&G Octy to have the TV tuner they have in the superb?
  7. it had the TV tuner like you got in the L&K MK3 Superb. It's almost bothering me enough to think about swapping (although Octavia boot is more than big enough for me). Is this something you really appreciate or something you don't use that often. My one concern would be parking up and watching TV for a few hours and then the car not starting. Is battery drain a problem? Is it possible to upgrade the Columbus in the Octy to get a tuner. And is the aerial in the front windscreen noticeable?
  8. Can any one help with this part number. Are they easy to replace?
  9. Intermittent wipers don't do anything on any setting. Could this be something to do with windscreen being replaced?
  10. These jet washers are very expensive. Is there anyone who knows where to get them a bit cheaper?
  11. Surely mine is not the only mk 3 in the country with a rattle
  12. I've got something that sounds like an angry wasp to the rh side of dashboard. I'd love to get it fixed. I replaced the satnav it came with for the bigger version. Don't know if this caused the problem Also getting the workshop error issue which I believe is something to do with the microwitch in the DSG gear selector. The thing is it's only beeping very infrequently. Is it worth getting this fixed at the same time as the rattle? It could be that the workshop error gets no worse than beeping a few times a month
  13. It's a 1.8 tsi Skoda Octavia mk 3 pre-facelift. I change the oil every 7.5k miles
  14. Had car serviced and they've put in ap-l 0w-30 rather than av-l. If the ap-l doesn't meet the VW 502 00 standard would you change it for the av-l or is it unlikely to make any difference?
  15. WOT blast through?
  16. I know both engines have turbos and that with turbo engines you need to keep pumping oil after the engine is switched off but I never heard the pump kick in on my 1.4 tsi Am I miss remembering?
  17. Hi everyday when I get on the motorway the distance has reset to minimum even though the previous day it was set near maximum. Does it reset for everyone? Can I make it retain previous setting? Thanks
  18. I was drafting at 55-60 mph and eco mode on the downhill sections
  19. I got 58.5 mpg on the M6 in my 1.8 tsi I was happy with that
  20. Does anyone know how long the car needs to be left alone before the distance driven resets to zero
  21. Official gearknob is £230
  22. Is this easy to remove? I want a cheap gear knob but can't find one with L&K text. Hoping to buy the plaquette separately and swap over
  23. Thanks guys - Changed the AVRCP to 1.4 and it started working again. Strange thing is I changed it back to 1.6 version and it continued working
  24. Music plays fine over bluetooth but when I phone anyone it soulds like Dr Who's arch nemesis

Important Information

Welcome to BRISKODA. Please note the following important links Terms of Use. We have a comprehensive Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.