Skip to content

satire111

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  1. Being an ex mechanic but not of greatest of health I bought my kamiq with a two year warrenty at 7000miles and 14 month old I changed the oil when I bought it because it was obvious it hadn't been changed I got the "free" service this year in July at 12000 miles the oil was changed but the service advisor said your brake fluid needs changing, I declined after showing the brake fluid tester showed 0 percent water the brake pads and disks were reported as needing changing, again absolute rubbish as disks where nor worn and pads less than 1 quarter worn front and rear the cabin filter had not been changed original build date on the filter when I replaced it myself It's a shame because I hoped the dealer would be good to use All I can advise is check as much as you can, especially when parts have dates on them and question everything
  2. satire111 commented on satire111's gallery image in Skoda Kamiq
  3. Thanks for this information My July 2024 Kamiq has the same glove box position and type, along with the same method of getting more access
  4. I have retired from being a mechanic of to many years, however I remember the sludge, black death, that would build up in CVH engines in the Ford cars unless they ran very hot and travelled many miles each day, along with using the very best oil and changing the oil before the suggested service interval I rebuilt many an engine and was never a great lover of engine flush, although I do understand that it was used to break down the type of carbon/oil deposit you are seeing with your engine i personally would recomend Valvoline restore and protect or a similar product to gently break down the sludge i would maybe change the oil and filter every two or three thousand miles for the next three oil services I have no links with Valvoline but wish such a product had been around in the 1980s and 1990s Hope this helps you
  5. satire111 replied to Twil's topic in Škoda Kamiq
    As suggested already the OEM (original equipment manufacturer) brand of tow bars for Skoda at the factory during production or at Skoda dealers is the German manufacturer Westfalia. Westfalia-Automotive | The Original Towbar Inventor Since 1932 You may find you can use the above link to find a supplier in the UK I think the real problem isn't the stockist or supplier, it's the fact that 2023-24 saw Skoda implement SFD on the kamiq . Have a look at this link: VCDS: What is SFD protection? - VAG Coding i bet the main dealer hasn't received the training or equipment to fit the tow bar electronics Just my thoughts, hope this helps you get a straight answer and get your tow bar sorted
  6. Bought my 1yr old kamiq SE from vertu Darlington The sales team were non pushy helpful had plenty of time for us Highly recommend them
  7. When I've had this in the past its been a bulb that the glass has gone either black or silver, not sure why the glass does this but the filament of the bulb is becoming more resistant and that's what the bulb out warning system system looks for I have often found it to be the side light bulbs or the twin filament bulbs in the rear good luck and let us know if you find the problem
  8. P2146/008518 - Ross-Tech Wiki (ross-tech.com) This may help, hope so
  9. Up in smoke: the VW emissions ‘fix’ has left our car undriveable | Money | The Guardian May be worth contacting the Guardian with your problem
  10. Picked my 66 plate Yeti up on the 21st December Got to say, as always, i am very happy with my purchase When we went to see it they placed it in the showroom as it was dark outside, took the time to show my wife everything she asked about and were, as usual non pushy at all in any way In total ive bought five second hand Skodas from them over the years and everyone of them have been totally reliable, in fact ive still got three of them. I would certainly recommend them to anyone who doesnt want to feel pressured nor just a number

Important Information

Welcome to BRISKODA. Please note the following important links Terms of Use. We have a comprehensive Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.