Skip to content

Graham Butcher

FREEDOM
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Graham Butcher

  1. I think that this is essentially the same issue that I had. It clearly states the Glow Plug Control Module and a few minutes googling also says it is the same. The different part number and the code is just a by-product of the manufacturer maybe, being a different maker. My old one was made by HKR Seffer Automotive, but the replacement is made by Bosch, has a different part number etc, but the important bits are the same, the pins and the method of control remain the same, as does the physical size etc and the seller says that the part is fully compatible with my car as it is listed as a direct replacement part. So, on that basis I personally would go right ahead and replace it with another one that is either same or its equivalent, it has cured my issue, and the error has now completely vanished.
  2. Oh good, we are both below the 2400kg figure then but buggered if they go to 2000kg and so will the Superb, it us war on the motorist.
  3. Here is the section of the VCDS log for the fault. Address 01: Engine (J623-DFGA) Labels:. 04L-907-309-V1.clb Part No SW: 04L 906 026 QT HW: 04L 907 309 P Component: R4 2.0l TDI H25 6582 Revision: B4H25--- CVN: 7C29C05F37C5C2A218229D33 Coding: 0125001203661D083000 Shop #: WSC 33361 790 00137 ASAM Dataset: EV_ECM20TDI01104L906026QT 004006 ROD: EV_ECM20TDI01104L906026QT.rod VCID: 0C42AEC176C802FAE2B-8058 VINID: 91D49D6877A301B200142208040223A0A6 1 Fault Found: 4976 - Glow Plug Control Module (J179) P0684 00 [00100111] - Implausible Signal Not Confirmed - Tested Since Memory Clear Freeze Frame: Fault Priority: 2 Fault Frequency: 1 Mileage: 159125 km Date: 2025.10.11 Time: 12:52:32 Engine speed: 0.00 /min Normed load value: 0.0 % Vehicle speed: 0 km/h Coolant temperature: 56 C Intake air temperature: 59 C Ambient air pressure: 1020 mbar Voltage terminal 30: 12.180 V Unlearning counter according OBD: 40 Electric auxiliary heater: shut-off conditions-Bits 0-7: 0 Electric auxiliary heater: shut-off conditions-Bits 0-7: 0 Electric auxiliary heater: relay activation-Bits 0-7: 0 Pre-glow time: 0 ms Glow status-Bits 0-7: 0 Glow status-Bits 0-7: 0 Glow cycles above temperature threshold-Bits 0-7: 0 Glow cycles above temperature threshold-Bits 0-7: 8 Glow cycles below temperature threshold-Bits 0-7: 2 Glow cycles below temperature threshold-Bits 0-7: 71 Outside temperature sensor 1: B1: raw value: 20.0 C Readiness: 0 0 0 0 0
  4. Well that sucks but it still does not seem to add up, here's why: Kodiaq 5 seat GVW 2380kg Each person could be 146kg each (730kg) Kodiaq 7 seat GVW 2311kg 7 x 146kg (1022kg) Superb 2091kg + 730 = 2821kg Also length of Kodiaq 5 & 7 seat is 4679mm but length of Superb is 4861mm So going by the above figures, the Superb occupies a bigger footprint and it also could weigh more when loaded with a full complement of 146kg passengers and also has a massive boot so could carry more weight.
  5. But the published weight of my Kodiaq V Superb and the footprint, the Kodiaq is both smaller footprint and kerb weight ready fully fueled is also less than the Superb!!!
  6. There was one planned for Oxfordshire, I can't recall exactly where, but from memory it was around Bicester area and I was actually preparing some lighting schemes for a few public buildings that were planned for it, like schools, medical centres and hospitals etc at one time and then it all went quiet and I moved onto other projects in central London and surrounding areas. I'm not sure if the scheme ever went ahead after that as I handed the area over to others as London was keeping me very busy. I do know that Sadiq Khan is the Co Chair of the C40 Cities and is heavily promoting them and other schemes like Low emission zones, PPM schemes and his TFL have been recruiting people to work of PPM schemes and low emission zones for areas like Coventry and others and I have seen adverts for the staff to be based in these zones to develop the schemes. Here a few links that are worth exploring. ‘Toxic’ 15-minute city phrase cut from Oxford local plan | LocalGov Why every city can benefit from a ‘15-minute city’ visionWhy every city can benefit from a ‘15-minute city’ vision The C40 Co-Chairs - Leadership - C40 Cities A guide to 15-minute cities: why are they so controversial? - University of the Built Environment What is a 15-minute city and why is the idea so controversial? | ITV News (3074) The Real Problem With 15-Minute Cities - YouTube 15-Minute City Explained by Carlos Moreno | TomTalks 15 Minute Cities: A DISASTER waiting to happen
  7. Oh dear me, you have swallowed it all hook line and sinker. Look, nobody is saying that there aren't advantages with the basic concept, but there are also disadvantages as well. I also never said that cars would not be allowed in these 15-minute cities, that again was something that you added into the mix, all I was implying is that they do not want us straying too far away from our home, hence the ltd range of BEV is/would not become an issue. If you cannot see the possible larger picture being assembled right under your nose, in plain sight than you might well be in for one hell of a shock if those dots become joined up. Open your mind a little more and start to think about what if... maybe start to explore if there could be another motive behind some of the things?.
  8. This is all smacks of big brother and a hidden agenda as Tone here explains, yes, I expect the usual suspect(s) will make some comment about tin foil hats etc, but I urge people to play the video and have an open mind and what he says does indeed make sense (shame he has got his odds round the wrong way, he actually means the odds of having an accident is 1 in 8 million, but the odds of 8 million to 1 chance as he describes it would mean it a dead cert 🙄
  9. Yes, you are right, not noticed that before, apart from that, I don't think that there is anything remotely sporting about a Kodiaq 😀
  10. I refer you to your original statement "15 minute cities idea is a good thing. Why don't you want local amenities within walking distances?" so I was just replying to what you said, end of. I would have said the opposite, as larger contact area would translate to less scrub when applying the power.
  11. Now let me see, hmm, NO, not everyone is capable of it, especially as you approach the twilight years, as you will experience firsthand as you get into that period of your life, will you be happy with effectively being shut out of things purely because of your age or disability? Hell, it took years to get access ramps built in some places so wheelchair users can have access to the things that able-bodied people can access??? What will they think of next, lets scrap lifts and escalators and make people use stairs, and if they can't, well tough luck?? As I have repeatedly said, people come in all sizes and shapes and abilities, so smaller cars is not an option for some, granted for many people large and powerful cars are used as a status symbol, a way flaunting one's wealth and inflated importance, but in reality there is huge difference between a Skoda Kodiaq 5 seat 110KW TDI DSG 4x4 @1709kg and Range Rover PHEV weighing in at a staggering 2770kg, equally there is a huge difference in the costs, one is more affordable family car option, the other is real luxury car which can be as much as £194,745, which could buy you 5 Kodiaqs. What I think they have also managed to completely overlook is most SUV's and indeed larger BEV's also happen to come with wider and larger tyres, so arguably exert less weight per sq cm then a normal car, so therefore do less damage to the roads?
  12. Yes, I know that the government have been looking at this, but there also many electric cars that weigh this much and more, are they going to be charged extra, even though that cuts right across the narrative, hmm I wonder if they will be given a free get of jail card? Incidently, you have the weight incorrect for my car, the operating weight for a 2019 Kodiaq, 4x4, DSG, 110kW TDI is 1709kg in 5 seat version and the 7 seat version is 1752kg. The fully laden weight should be used as it will vary accoring what you have in the boot, how many people are in the car and their weights etc. I just checked the weight of my old 2016 110kw TDI DSG L&K Superb and it was 1734kg, so is heavier than the Kodiaq. The only trouble with the SUV's being targeted like this is that it can be totally unfair and penalises those, like me, who taller than the average person and so are my offspring, so I need a car of that size in the same way as a family who are average or smaller can get away with a Ford Focus sized car. What is also unfair and badly thought-out process, is that the Kodiaq is smaller than the Superb which takes up more space on the road. I would still have a Superb if I was younger, but as we get older, we lose flexibility and I was having some problems getting in and out of the Superb as it is lower, so that becomes an issue. In short, what is really happening is nothing to do with the size, but is the thin end of wedge where the authorities want us all to forego our cars and travel less, live in our 15 minute cities and never venture out of it, the evidence is all there if people can be bothered to join the dots, which the BEV is is also part of it, reducing the range of travel and making longer trips more of a chore.
  13. Well in that case, I have doubts that changing the module will solve your problem. What I'll do later is to sent you the actual VCDS report I have saved for my problem so you can compare it against yours to double check that yours is reading the same as mine or if the wording and fault code is different. No point in wasting an extra 50 euros for nothing.
  14. I know about that special glow plug pressure sensor on nr.3 cylinder, I had that on my Superb, however, when I plugged the VCDS in I got a different error message. If I remember, it said something about the signal coming from that sensor not being plausible, but I remember I was getting the glow plug symbol lighting up briefly after switching the car on. On the Kodiaq, I never had that symbol until I replaced the module, are you seeing the symbol lighting up in the top of the instrument cluster? Have you got the virtual cockpit or the analogue instruments, if virtual then the lamp will be in the light cluster at the very top of the display, otherwise I think it appears beneath the dot matrix between the dials. So I would guess, that if you are getting a message about the module, then it will be the module, if it mentions the sensor, then it will the sensor (ouch) or the connection to it might be suspect.
  15. You're as bad as the MacMaster with your clickbait 😄
  16. Hmm, I had not known about some of these EV's risky cars and possible fires with some of these cars, some from so called prestige cars, many of these seem to have been suppressed and limited press coverage until being forced into recalls and very expensive fixes.
  17. Yes, a cell can catch fire in something like LED torch for example, I have one that uses a single 18650 cell @ 3.7V all housed in a rugged aluminum case with zero chance of that affecting other cells nearby. Compare the rik and impact of 1 cell in a torch with that of say Tesla cars that also use 18650 cells, in the following vehicles and quantities: Tesla Roadster uses 6,851 cells to make up its power battery Tesla Model S uses 7,104 cells to make its power battery. Tesla Model X uses 7,256 cells to make its power battery. So there is world of difference of between 1 isolated cell entering thermal runaway and multiple, thousands of cells entering thermal runaway. Imagine 1 match head being struck and then 7,256 heads being struck together, I don't know about you, but I'd be prepared to snuff out a single match with my bare hand, but 7,256, er no way...
  18. True, but I was just highlighting a few well known and respected make that some people might know about.
  19. Haha. and to think that there are some here who are in denial that these cables are being stolen and also that chargers that the MacMaster and others say are broken are staged for clickbait, jeez.... One thing though, you certanly don't hear of thieves stealing filling hoses from a filling station 😁. I must admit that I did have a chuckle when I read one of the other comments on the link you posted about siting them on McDonalds that are open 24/7 so will be plenty of people about, or have loads of CCTV cameras installed, which is precisely what they had at the Chelmsford site, cable still got nicked, even with their starring role in the movie.🤣🤣
  20. Unless your DVM is one of the cheap ones, I'd go with its reading over the VCDS every day, especially if it is either a Fluke or one of the professional Bryman meters which have an accuracy of around 1 or 2 mV.
  21. These cable thefts are not helping the EV movement at all. This video shows cables being stolen from chargers near my city of Chelmsford, and the operators claim that each time it costs them around £30,000 each charger, one such operator has had a third of his chargers targeted, about 100 have been affected so far. It also seems that loads of home chargers have also been targeted.
  22. You are correct, they are solid state. I expected that the cap shown was likely to be the culprit, but no, it was well within is tolerance figures both for the ESR and cap value which came in a 460vF, just 10 away from its design value, so well within it operating values.
  23. DHL have just delivered the module, fitted it and for the first time since I have owned this Kodiaq, I have now seen the glow plug warning light come on, indicating that the glow plugs are operating correctly, job sorted. Error codes have been deleted, taken her out on a quick trip for around 10 miles, no problems switched off, waited for a few minutes and switched on again, no errors, brilliant.
  24. @Stonekeeper If everyone paid their proper share of taxation, instead just those that cannot afford to pay accountants to find loop holes etc, then things like the NHS, care for the elderly air ambulances etc would be able to be properly financed for the benefit of everyone and we would have far fewer charities as well as a result and then the country would be a far better place for it and everybody would be far happier I believe. And another bonus would be that our roads would be well sorted, no potholes or look like a patchwork quilt and far fewer accidents I think too.

Important Information

Welcome to BRISKODA. Please note the following important links Terms of Use. We have a comprehensive Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.