Skip to content

Graham Butcher

FREEDOM
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Graham Butcher

  1. I'm at £20k and I had mine removed.
  2. @wyx087 yes I have seen others promoting the same, just look up a few other suppliers and see for yourself. When I said that the IHD was no more, I actually meant it, OVO would replace mine when it died on me, instead told to use the APP which is crap, like I said, it always ran almost a week behind so making it hard to use.
  3. Or of course, as I have said before, they are exercising their freedom of speech to tell us all the truth, only time will tell us if that is correct or not, as I said before, I've similar with regard to the promotion of diesel and look at how that turned out in the fullness of time? Try looking a bit harder it is not Uswitch pushing it, many suppliers are also doing the same, maybe trying to gain market share, who actually knows? I have had my smart meter many years now and right from the off set, I had it set to send its readings every 30 minutes, the whole idea of that was thet they could provide me with savings at off peak times, which never happened. Then they did away with the inhouse digital meter with its display and removed it with a online app years ago, which was always days behind in its calculations and reporting of usage. Worse then useless it was and of course it (and I've mentioned this before on many platforms) it assumes that everyone has the internet, and I know that for a fact that many do not, some are just interested by technology and fear it, others just can't be bothered, or have learning issues etc and I also know that there are various religions out there who are against it as they cannot control what the internet brings into their world. I used to do quite a bit of design work for Gospelist consultant, and I'd have to do all the drawings, design and quotes for various Gospal halls, print them and drive miles to stand in front of him to present the plans etc, and this could be done many times before agreement was reached. So the internet is universally used or or liked and even today there are people who don't have it, or want it, the same as mobile phones and it is a serious issue for many.
  4. I do however have to admit, that out of the current suppliers, Octopus does seem to be about the best according to users here, also from the Which magazine, who year on year rate them very highly.
  5. I'm with OVO and I have a smart meter, and I can honestly say that I have never been approached by them with the offer of free electricity, even though I have the required meter. Think about it, why would they be willing to forego the extra profit that they can and are making from their customers who have better things to with their time then sit around exploring ways of extra freebies and why they try and put obstacles in peoples way, like you need to switch to this scheme or that scheme and commit to doing this or that and they keep moving the goalposts with standing charges, why? The standing charge should be constant right across the spectrum, it costs no more regardless of what scheme you sign up to. If they are being paid to use that green energy, then they could quite literally just give that away free to everyone using power between certain times, they, have the means of seeing who is using power between the periods applicable as smart meters report demand on a frequent basis. Instead, they chose not to do anything other than to attempt making excessive profits from their customers by keeping that fact to themselves for the benefit of themselves and their shareholders.
  6. Far more than the authorities are willing to admit and make public, because it suits them to be economical with the truth.
  7. DHL should be delivering my module this evening between 18:46 and 19:46, so I hope to cure the problem by plugging it and clearing the fault code, fingers crossed.
  8. And now, lets try and get back to the true topic of this thread, the truth about electric cars, by posting something that is more directly related. Here is something that few saw coming.
  9. Indeed, that is so typical of a person who is so fully prepared to listen to and accept the narrative of others who believe that they experts in certain fields, even with politicians pushing agenda's when they are clearly not experts but are yielding to some who think they are when in fact they are not, but merely following a line of self-interest. I have just watched a video on YouTube channel called WW2 Secrets and it in my view demonstrates just how dangerous such blind faith in so called experts can be and how with the construction of the hurried construction of the Liberty ships actually cost the lives of loads of seamen and loads of wartime supplies of all types being lost to the see, extending the length of the war. One person, a lowly female welder was trying express her findings and theories about how these ships were breaking about in service with the total loss of ships, cargo and sailors, her name was Bessie Hamill and her observations were dismissed out of hand, when in fact she held the key to the solution and what she exposed is still being used today, it is some 40 minutes long but well worth a watch. I think it shows perfectly the folly the of pushing forwards with totally untested and still emerging fledgling technology. Here are the notes that go with the video, that are not visible when watching a video embedded into this forum, and to see them requires watchng the video on YouTube and be bothered to read the notes about the video. This is one of the reasons why I always like to look and examine things when someone tells me X is the truth, when it might not the absolute truth. I say, that time will tell eventually tell us if it was truth or folly and we should never shoot the messenger, because they are not willing to follow the orchestrated narrative, like the rats and the children who blindly followed the Pied Piper of Hamlin on June 26, 1284. How One Welder's "Ridiculous" Trick Made Victory Ships Assemble in 5 Days Instead Of 40 WW2 Secrets 13.2K subscribers Oct 14, 2025 #ww2 #worldwar2 #ww2history How did WWII cargo ships go from catastrophic failures—splitting in half at dock—to being built in just 5 days? This is the untold story of Bessie Hamill, a night-shift welder whose "ridiculous" observation about welding sequences solved the Liberty ship crisis and revolutionized modern engineering forever. In 1943, Liberty ships were breaking apart spontaneously in calm water. Over 1,500 vessels reported serious cracks, 19 broke completely in half, and 3 vanished at sea. The U.S. was losing the logistics war despite building ships faster than ever. Then a welder noticed something the engineers had missed. Discover how one woman's persistence led to the Victory ship program, how Kaiser's Richmond Shipyards achieved the impossible 5-day construction timeline, and why every welded structure today—from skyscrapers to pipelines—owes its existence to lessons learned on WWII shipyards. This documentary reveals the science of brittle fracture, the physics of residual stress, the human cost of engineering failures, and the legacy of a welder who changed manufacturing forever but died in obscurity. #ww2 #worldwar2 #ww2history #worldwar2history SOURCES Frederic C. Lane - "Ships for Victory: A History of Shipbuilding under the U.S. Maritime Commission in World War II" (Johns Hopkins Press, 1951) - Comprehensive official history of the Maritime Commission's wartime shipbuilding program L.H. Van Vlack - "Materials Science for Engineers" - Details on steel metallurgy, brittle fracture mechanics, and transition temperature effects National Park Service Maritime Heritage Program - "Richmond Shipyard No. 3: Rosie the Riveter/WWII Home Front National Historical Park" - Primary documentation of shipyard operations and worker contributions American Welding Society Historical Archives - Development of structural welding codes D1.0 and D1.1 (1947-present), welding sequence standards John Gamon Soucy - "The SS Schenectady: Broken Ship, Broken Welds" (Naval Engineers Journal, 1990) - Detailed metallurgical analysis of the Schenectady failure Constance B. Schulz - "Building the 'Bridge to Victory': The Willow Run Bomber Plant and the Ford Motor Company in World War II" - Assembly line manufacturing methods applied to war production T.L. Anderson - "Fracture Mechanics: Fundamentals and Applications" - Technical explanation of stress concentration, crack propagation, and brittle fracture U.S. Maritime Commission Historical Reports - Statistical data on ship construction times, failure rates, and production numbers (1941-1945) Oral History Collections, Bancroft Library, UC Berkeley - "Rosie the Riveter World War II Oral History Project" - First-person accounts from Richmond Shipyard workers Mark H. Wyman - "DPs: Europe's Displaced Persons, 1945-1951" - Context on wartime logistics and shipping needs Parker, M.E. - "Victory Ship Manual" (1944, Maritime Commission) - Original technical specifications and construction procedures for Victory ships
  10. You really do not have a clue how some people are forced to live and many are wondering where their next meal is coming from.
  11. Here is the link as promised. Glow Plug Control Unit 0281003085 Bosch ECU 038907281B 132129 2502129 GZS New | eBay UK
  12. I ordered the replacement plug in module, which looks like a relay and it lives in the engine bay fuse box. It's the big square one in the back left corner of the box, looking from the front of the car. Cost was £51, with free next day delivery by DHL, from a seller on eBay. Once I get to my computer, I can post a link to it if you want? Currently the engine starts on the button, but as the temperature is dropping and will soon be into minus numbers first thing in the mornings, the glow plugs will be really helpful in starting.
  13. Nope, not in the slightest, think about it, loads of pensioners have lost their £200 winter fuel payment, energy companies have had massive windfall profits and yet those that could clearly well afford to pay are enjoying massive savings, something not right there.
  14. If the suppliers are being paid something like 42p a kw to take this excess power then they should be prioritising the less well of in society or, give everyone so many hours of free power per month etc, because although you used 0% finance to fund your gear, you are still better heeled than millions of others are, as there is zero chance of many of them, me included in getting any sort of finance even at 0% interest. In my case the only source of income I have is my pension which barely covers my commitments, and I know that there are many others out there, who aren't pensioners, and are in employment, but still only able to earn the national minimum hourly wage, and many who work in the retail sector for instance are either still on zero hours or 6 to 12 hour per week contracts, surely you must be aware of that? Anyway, this is all getting off topic, so I think we should try and bring it back around to being more in line with that.
  15. Thats the problem, right there of course, besides the time taken to pay for itself. and the installation etc, but of course, once again, not everyone has the free capital laying around in the bank etc in the first place to pay for the required gear to take advantage, so once again there is a multi-tier system in place. When it should be the least well off and pensioners get the benefit of the free/cheaper power and lift them out of fuel poverty, but once again, it is the better heeled in society that are getting all the benefits.
  16. I think so as well, as there is no possible way that they could produce an error code otherwise. It is possible that it has faulty for sometime but has only announced it self owing to lower temps in the mornings now. It has not struggled to start yet, new one will be plugged in as soon as it arrives and the DTC cleared.
  17. Well, I've just bit the bullet and ordered anew one on eBay and it will be here tomorrow, so will soon now if it cures it or not.
  18. Or, in the case of the amazon one, @£899, assuming it did last 3000 charge cycles, once a day, 8.22 years to save yourself 34p a day, you could save yourself £120.10, or 4p a day, is it really worth the hassle? There is also one @£599 which works out at 14p a day savings, £421 if it only lasted 3,000 cycles, still have to ask myself if its really worth it.
  19. Does anyone know if this is a relay or is it a module that controls how long the glow plugs are on for? If its a relay, what are the pin connections for the relay coil? I have the engine management light on and VCDS reports a Implausible Signal from the module, any ideas?
  20. That made me chuckle, yep, and we are having to pay more so you can continue to enjoy the low taxation and VAT on your car, ain't we petrol heads kind and considerate 😁😁
  21. A 2kwh one on Amazon is £899, it sure is going to take a time to get payback, which they claim has 3,000 times recharge cycle so the real question is, do they ever get into the realms of paying for themselves?
  22. I bet your energy supplier is frothing at the mouth, seeing the lengths you go to to avoid paying for power all day unless of course it is in the free period and they will see your demand shoot up to a massive peak in order to cram every single watt of energy into your storage and cars.
  23. Why am I seeing this image of you, now I can't get that image out of my head, its an image worm. 🙄🤔😉
  24. Yes, I did say I had solar, and no I didn't do the sums as if you could actually remember, in my case it was a 100% no brainer as they never cost me a single penny, they were supplied and installed by a company looking to sell any unused power back to the grid. Therefore, I don't have to worry about payback periods, or the question I asked about what if they don't last long enough to put you in profit, before you have pay out again fitting replacements, which just kicks the can even further down the road.
  25. The thing is, with these tariffs where you have solar and or storage batteries, is that you also must take into the equation the purchase costs and the installation costs of them along with the inconvenience during the installation? How long will it be before those costs are repaid and you then honestly hand on heart can say that it is a stable revenue source to you? What if the panels, or the invertor, the batteries or their controllers fail before the initial cost is recovered, you might be better off if that happens to have stayed as you was?

Important Information

Welcome to BRISKODA. Please note the following important links Terms of Use. We have a comprehensive Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.