Non-Superb Stereo Causing Problems

Hi all,

i have 2004 Superb 1.9 TDI 130 and i had the original Skoda Stereo with cd-changer build in.

i managed to get a new sony stereo and all i done is simply plugged the ISO and it works when i turn the ignition key.

few problems tho.

every time i remove the key the stereo swich off and do a full reset so i have to be setting the stereo each time i turn the key back.

i tried to put yellow and red together and it was fine i could listen the stereo without key but the remote central locking didnt work.

any ideas how i could do it without running xtra cables from battery ? and run the stereo withou key and mainly not loosing the memory ?

cheers,

Lukas

Its pretty well covered on the site. The permanent and ignition feeds are around the wrong way. You need to pop the headunit out and swap them over. there is usually a bullet connector on the headunit wiring loom to do this.

I wish i would understand it more.

u saying to swap the yellow and red and it should work?

He is, yes. Yellow to red, red to yellow. Most head units come with bullet connectors on the stereo's wiring loom for this very purpose.

Interesting about your central locking not working. I've got my Alpine unit wired in such a way it has power all the time and the central locking works fine.

(I've said that now I'll get locked in my car tomorrow :eek: )