Felicia gearbox clutch removal

Have cleaned it up a bit

Dscf0007d.jpg

Dscf0008d.jpg

There is no way, tapping or otherwise that it's going to remove from the box:confused:

Dscf0006ds.jpg

Audi - on a Skoda gearbox - how cool? :rolleyes: sorry, easily impressed with this little car - any idea how it comes off? I need to remove the rubber springy thingy (rubber gator) and order a new one.

The joys of motoring :):thumbup:

well I have cleaned, lubricated, oiled, tapped, twisted, and that grey thing still won't budge :confused: not really wanting to damage the gearbox - but without a full dismantle I can see no other way of removing it?

It's off, one rubber thing on the parts list. At least I now know how to get it off, remove bolt (had already done that), remove roll pin thing that does nothing really until someone tells me it's a vastly important bit of the selector rod :rolleyes: clean, lube, clean, waggle, give up, go inside, ring physio department to change appointment, browse Briskoda forum, post a few posts, go back outside, get big pair of mole grips, twist, re-twist, waggle, and off it comes :):D

:rolleyes:

at least I now know! :)

well I have cleaned, lubricated, oiled, tapped, twisted, and that grey thing still won't budge :confused: not really wanting to damage the gearbox - but without a full dismantle I can see no other way of removing it?

if it wont budge then use a slide hammer on it...

Dscf0006ds.jpg

Audi - on a Skoda gearbox - how cool? :rolleyes: sorry, easily impressed with this little car - any idea how it comes off? I need to remove the rubber springy thingy (rubber gator) and order a new one.

blimey i've never seen one like that before.... i think that gearbox must be out of a caddy pick-up truck

all sorted :D Cheers - and I don't have a slide hammer (adds to tool list) - would like someone to tell me why I spent a huge amount of time removing a roll pin that does nothing :rolleyes: and what I should do about the hole that is now there (adds pin shaft thing to parts list) :)

Peculiar, that grey thing must replace the universal joint that was on the Favorit. Wonder if I could fit one to my Favorit as my gear linkage needs sorting. Hmmm. I only have the roll pin to remove on mine. Apparently some people drill out the roll pin hole and stick a bolt and locking nut through it I think from what I have read on another forum. Don't take my word for it though, roll pin may still be best, lol.

:rolleyes: so we get the odd one? why is that? But hey, it's an Audi bit, and it's off! So, if the gearbox is odd, then I guess it explains why the speedo cable thread bit is part of the gearbox casing and doesn't come out :rolleyes:

Ah well, it'll just make life fun when trying to get gearbox oil back into it :P, maybe if I get an IV bag and drip tube, pop down the breather bung, and feed it in that way, if anything, it'll make a great photo :D

Just to note, the roll pin I removed, does nothing, it had nothing at all to do with taking the Audi bit off. I just now have a hole in the shaft, but.......I wonder if it's been modded at some point in it's life? The clutch that came out was Sachs, looked pretty much original, but there is nothing to say the gearbox hasn't been replaced - now don't you just love a good mystery? :)

Would that be on the clutch plate or the pressure plate, as the clutch itself was atomised apart form 4 springs and a few bits of metal - it really was well destroyed, hence I went to show the wife who didn't seem to be that impressed with it all, can't think why :rolleyes: Will have a nosey about, wish I could find some sort of history about the car, it would make life a lot easier :)

I believe the grey bit usually looks more like.... (pic stolen from Felicia wobbly gearstick/linkages + remote locking - BRISKODA - The Skoda Forum and Community )

cardan.JPG

Although this one has been modified with bolts and nuts with bent bits through the ends to lock the nuts. They usually have some pin type things instead.

Now I understand - that's why the roll pin does nothing. Ah, that answers that question then, how I've managed to end up with that Audi thing on then I have no idea, still, makes for an easy removal and fitting :)

• 4 weeks later...

Been studying this thread with interest and now have my gearbox out for clutch replacement.

I'm also mystified by this roll pin on the selector shaft. Mine is pictured below and appears to be as it left the factory, but again the roll pin seems to do nothing. The shaft coming out of the gearbox does not extend into the end of the u/j as far as the roll pin hole, so the pin seems redundant. On my car, the shaft seems to have been invisibly brazed onto the u/j at the factory.

http://briskoda.net/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=22151&stc=1&d=1213264873

DSC00059.JPG

My car is also lacking the rubber boot where the selector shaft enters the gearbox, and since I can see no way of separating the shaft, it would appear impossible to fit a boot or to replace the selector shaft oil seal.

The Haynes manual does not mention such an arrangement but I am wondering if it is in fact usual on later cars (mine is a late '98 1.3)

22151.attach