Just acquired an AMD Oneclick!!!

Well, i've just won an AMD Oneclick (on fleabay) and i have bugger all clue about it! :confused: :eek: :rolleyes::rofl: The guy that sold it has told me it needs sent away to be updated?!?!?!?

If anyone has any experience of these things, can they PLEASE give me some more info :rofl:

Cheers guys n gals

Davie

What did you pay for it?

DNA Tuning - Home and Star Performance should also be able to assist. Any of the companies send the units away to a microprocessor company (the exact names escapes me at present), who originally designed and manufactured the units.

There's a few threads around on here with details...

Steve

Good buy that, IMO :thumbup:

It needs sending away to be reflashed. Basically reset, so it can be loaded again with your standard map and then a performance map. When you first plug it into your car (diagnostics port) it will read your standard map, and your ECU serial number with it. So the unit is then workable only with your car.

IMO, I'd talk to John at DNA Tuning.

The units themselves are good, but it will be the performance map that's loaded onto it thereafer that will make the difference. I had one on my 1st vRS, and still have it lying here somewhere :) But I found the AmD map to be a little spikey.

Steve

Other people I know had no issues, but perhaps that's one of the downsides of a generic map - what's right for one car isn't quite for another :)

DNA Tuning also offer the option of a custom map written to the unit, I believe.

When I had mine, I sometimes got a little clutch slip in 5th and 6th under acceleration. And the initial torque surge around 1900 could have been a little smoother.

Steve

OOOHHH........me no wanting a spikey map lol dont fancy killing a turbo or clutch at the moment lol

You wont get a spikey map and they will put a custom map on if for you if you want although it will cost you more.

This is a generic AMD map

THIRTEEN.gif

This is an AMD custom map

TWO.gif

Spot the difference?

Splash the cash :orb_devil

I got very similar results from mine. Might even have the graphs somewhere.

Dovit - please refer to the box as a OneClick, to avoid confusion as more than one company have versions of it :thumbup: - re the tuning box, I'd run one or the other although I think someone ran both together. Not sure on who's map it was though, or even if a OneClick was used.

Steve

there's VIRTUALLY no difference detween the 2? hhmmmm......starting to think i got not too bad a deal on this onclick thing lol

You can't see it? :squint: :shakehead

First one peaks earlier and finishes earlier. Second one is more gradual and and hold the power longer.

What this means is the custom is better for the clutch/flywheel and a much better drive. You get what you pay for.

BTW if you run a Dragon with remap, all your likely to do is get pretty colours from your dash and a limp home

there's VIRTUALLY no difference detween the 2? hhmmmm......starting to think i got not too bad a deal on this onclick thing lol

If you get a good quality map on it and it runs well for you, then it's a very good value way of getting a switchable map.

Steve

If you get a good quality map on it and it runs well for you, then it's a very good value way of getting a switchable map.

Steve

Agreed. A good remap will give you a much better power delivery than a Dragon too.

BTW, I have a One Click too if anyone is interested :D

You can't see it? :squint: :shakehead

First one peaks earlier and finishes earlier. Second one is more gradual and and hold the power longer.

What this means is the custom is better for the clutch/flywheel and a much better drive. You get what you pay for.

BTW if you run a Dragon with remap, all your likely to do is get pretty colours from your dash and a limp home

Now that i looked at it closer i see what you mean, i'm tired lol

I presume the Onclick will be better than the Dragon Tuning box.

Well, looks like i'm waiting until DNA get back to me lol

Thanks again guys!!!! Your help has been invaluable!!

:D

What did I tell you about the slippery slidey slope ? :P

SHHHHH you! :rofl::rofl::rofl: :P:P:P Me doing all this stops me buying a motorbike! :rofl: :rofl: (thats my excuse and i'm sticking to it! :rofl::thumbup:)