Denison Icelink PLus switching headunit from Vw to Skoda!

All

Just recently joined the Skoda clan, defected from VW, brining with me my Denison Icelink Plus VW-IL, which i had hooked up to an RCD300 in my VW. Hooked it up to my Stream headunit, and yes all functions work, playlists etc.....only thing is the sound id awful distortion and poor vocals.

Hit the Denison site, pulled down the software to clear the VW settings, then re-loaded with the Skoda/VW files, same result ....all functions, poor sound! Boooooooo!

Does this mean I need to but a Gateway 100 just to get to work correctly, or is there another cunning plan out there which could save me £100?? I guess I could always ebay my Icelink Plus.

Funkycat.

All

Just recently joined the Skoda clan, defected from VW, brining with me my Denison Icelink Plus VW-IL, which i had hooked up to an RCD300 in my VW. Hooked it up to my Stream headunit, and yes all functions work, playlists etc.....only thing is the sound id awful distortion and poor vocals.

Hit the Denison site, pulled down the software to clear the VW settings, then re-loaded with the Skoda/VW files, same result ....all functions, poor sound! Boooooooo!

Does this mean I need to but a Gateway 100 just to get to work correctly, or is there another cunning plan out there which could save me £100?? I guess I could always ebay my Icelink Plus.

Funkycat.

There's been some discussion about this, but I'll make your day easier :) Change the densions audio ground to different position. That'll clear things up.

Taken from Stu's vRs site :

Pre 2007 MY Octavia wiring is as follows -

Pin 1 - Not connected

Pin 2 - CD changer, left and right channel, earth

Pin 3 - Not connected

Pin 4 - CD changer, voltage supply, terminal 30

Pin 5 - Not connected

Pin 6 - CD changer, DATA OUT

Pin 7 - Not connected

Pin 8 - CD changer, left channel, CD/L

Pin 9 - CD changer, right channel, CD/R

Pin 10 - CD changer, control signal

Pin 11 - CD changer, DATA IN

Pin 12 - CD changer, CLOCK

2007 MY Onwards Octavia wiring is as follows - Pin 1 - Aux in left

Pin 2 - Aux in earth

Pin 3 - CD changer, left and right channel, earth

Pin 4 - CD changer, voltage supply, terminal 30

Pin 5 - Not connected

Pin 6 - CD changer, DATA OUT

Pin 7 - Aux in right

Pin 8 - CD changer, left channel, CD/L

Pin 9 - CD changer, right channel, CD/R

Pin 10 - CD changer, control signal

Pin 11 - CD changer, DATA IN

Pin 12 - CD changer, CLOCK

As you can see, you have the cd-changer audio ground connected to the aux in ground, which doesn't offer adequate enough grounding. You need to move the pin2 to pin3 on the connector and it'll work just fine after that.

Ah, cheers for that, I'll give that a go 2nite after work/kids in bed! Also read that some folks are just earting black lead to HU chasis, which improves things somewhat...........here's hoping one solution or the other works!

Ah, cheers for that, I'll give that a go 2nite after work/kids in bed! Also read that some folks are just earting black lead to HU chasis, which improves things somewhat...........here's hoping one solution or the other works!

It really doesn't matter much where you ground it. I think with the Dension kit you get the correct adapters for grounding it to the quadlock grounding pin?

Swap the pin from position 2 to 3 in the Dension connector. You need to pop the white CD changer plug out, then remove the black Dension inner socket from the white outer plug. Swap the cable over, then refit the white cover and the plug. Worked for me :)

Thanks for all the advice folks, been out and tried it tonight, switched the earth from pos 2 to pos 3, and there you go, we have Ipod fully functional, all playlists, FFW RRW,track skip etc.. Gr8 stuff go 200miles to do tmr, willenjoy even more now! Saved a cooled £80 on buying Gateway 100!!

:)

Thanks again, appreciated! :thumbup:

Funkycat!