Mp3

Hi, does anyone know if the aux socket near the handbrake can be used as an input for an MP3 player? If so how?

Cheers

Use it with 3.5mm leads from iPods regularly. Plug it in, switch it on, and select it as the input to the sound system by pressing the 'CD' button a couple or times (or is it 3 times?) In any case, you get 'aux' on the display.

Works fine.

Stuart

Stuart

Do you have problems with the volume being very quiet? I tried my newly acquired Nano today in my Fabia estate and it wasn't very good.

Does cable length matter?

Shouldn't. Make sure the iPod o/p is at the max.

Stuart

• 2 weeks later...

Hi there

I've recently bought an iPod Nano - and found the volume was too quiet. Following advice on here solved my problems:

1. Select Aux3: this isn't described very well in the manual, but when you select Aux, there's a black triangle against the next button you need to press, then select Aux3.

2. For best sound quality, get a PocketDock from Soundstation.com. This really boosts the quality.

It's really good and surpasses having lots of CDs cluttering up the car. :thumbup:

New Fabia 2 and new Sony mp3 player; can get the mp3 to play through the Dance stereo but cannot get it to display the track information etc. on the screen; any ideas out there?

It's just an audio link not a data link or interface. You can get them to work with an Ipod via an interface lead but for a sony Mp3 player you will have no chance.