Fault codes

Hi there, i just got the car from the shop but it still isnt fixed at all. and has a strong smell of unburnt gas.

I got these fault codes from the vag com, i see that it says that it has a problem with the MAF and the TPS, but i'd like that some one help me to understand these faults, and what should be the next course of action to fix them.

Chassis Type: 1U - Skoda Octavia

Scan: 01,02,03,08,15,17,19,35,46,56

Address 01 -------------------------------------------------------

Controller: 06A 906 019 BT

Component: 1.6l 2V/R4 SIMOS AT3124

Coding: 00013

Shop #: WSC 31480

2 Faults Found:

00520 - Air Mass / Air Flow Sensor (G70)/(G19)

31-10 - Open or Short to Ground - Intermittent

00523 - Intake Air Temp Sensor (G42)

30-10 - Open or Short to B+ - Intermittent

Readiness: N/A

Address 02 -------------------------------------------------------

Controller: 01M 927 733 HG

Component: AG4 Getriebe 01M 4448

Coding: 00000

Shop #: WSC 00000

1 Fault Found:

00518 - Throttle Position Sensor (G69)

16-10 - Signal Outside Specifications - Intermittent

Address 03 -------------------------------------------------------

Controller: 1J0 907 379 P

Component: ABS 20 IE CAN 0001

Coding: 03504

Shop #: WSC 00066

1 Fault Found:

01276 - ABS Hydraulic Pump (V64)

16-10 - Signal Outside Specifications - Intermittent

Skipping Address 15-Airbags

Address 17 -------------------------------------------------------

Controller: 1U1 919 034 C

Component: A4-KOMBIINSTR. VDO V22

Coding: 02142

Shop #: WSC 54321

IMMO-IDENTNR: SKZ7Z0X0379835

2 Faults Found:

01128 - Immobilizer Pickup Coil (D2)

35-00 - -

01176 - Key

07-00 - Signal to Low

Address 46 -------------------------------------------------------

Controller: 1J0 959 799 Q

Component: 5G Zentral-SG Komf. 0001

Coding: 04097

Shop #: WSC 31480

2 Faults Found:

01329 - Convenience System Data Bus in Emergency Mode

35-10 - - - Intermittent

00944 - Heated Exterior Mirror: Passenger Side (Z5)

35-00 - -

End -------------------------------------------------------

I think the engine problem is one of 2 things; either the MAF or the Throttle Body Alignment.

Try disconnecting the MAF, and see if it runs better. If it does, you need a new MAF. If it doesn't, perform a TBA, and clear the fault codes.

err... another thing , the speedo analog is now behaving really strange, with the trans in neutral, if i press the accelerator, it will move just as if it where the RPM and the temp gauge will not reach the half as usual, it stays a bit lower

jejeje, ok, well returning to the engine malfunction i noticed just before taking the car to the shop that if i accelerated the engine bursts of air will come out of the intake rare times acompanied by a shoutgun like sound..... that appeared very odd so i told them to check the timing belt or tensioner. but why can this be happening?

I wonder. Is it possible that the fuel timing is late? Your description of "Bursts of fuel..." sounds like a carburetor car backfiring. I was checking it was non-turbo because that eliminated all the turbo boost limit and bypass valving.

Best I can suggest is to get a good mechanic to have a listen and confirm or deny the suggested diagnosis. Don't get hung up on a VAG group shingle outside the garage: I don't.

I called the shop today and they told me that i had a faulty injector. they're looking for a spare. i have another question regarding the MAF sensor, can i use the one from a 2.0L or a 1.8T?

I was looking in ebay for the one that my car uses, but i've only found MAF sensors for 2.0L or 1.8T MK4 jettas

I think the fuel pump is unlikely. To be causing the fault you're describing, it would have to be over-fuelling enough to be blowing fuel out the injectors, and there's usually a return line that passes excess fuel over what the injectors use back to the tank.

I think the fuel pump is unlikely. To be causing the fault you're describing, it would have to be over-fuelling enough to be blowing fuel out the injectors, and there's usually a return line that passes excess fuel over what the injectors use back to the tank.

Well you where right, it was not the fuel pump.... after replacing coil packs, wire, sparkplugs, injectors, timing belt, fuel pump, fuel filter, decated the exhaust... the engine still has the same crappy idle, and lack of strength. a new ECU will be plugged tomorow....:faint: i'll need to call a voodoo man to perform an exorsism.

maybe it'll be cheaper to throw in another engine :rofl: that'll be a good excuse to get a 1.8T since the 1.6 is so rare here

i just receive a call from the shop today and guess what!!!!! they found a faulty ground inside the dashboard that somehow affected the functionality of the ECU.

it's very relieving to know that i wont have to pay US$300 to repair it.:D

I was sure it was something simple but unusual. This is where the old British 4 yearr apprenticeship plus Gity & Guilds exam system scores over any number of manufacturer specific courses!