West Sussex

BN12 6JH

Tel: 01903 247000

Fax: 01903 506583

Services: New, Used, Repair

Edited by DGW
Details checked

• 2 months later...

I went to this new local dealership (Skoda franchise since May/June) last week to discuss the service that is now due for my Octavia. The Service Manager (who was clearly rather aggravated) told me their computer system was unable to connect to the Skoda UK system (or something like that) and he'd been waiting for Skoda to get it fixed for the last 6 weeks. He said he couldn't therefore book the service in for me or give any idea when his system will be fixed. He told me he was constantly having to turn Skoda owners away and was losing business as a result. After 32 years of motoring this was my first experience of a Skoda Service Dept, and I was, frankly, appalled that this situation could have been allowed to go on for such a long time. When I got home I submitted a query online to the Skoda Customer Service Dept asking when this situation was likely to be resolved. Several days later, and having received no reply I today tried Sparshatts at Chichester, only to find out that they are now closed. I'm not sure where I'll be trying next, but am very disappointed with Skoda UK's customer service.

Edited by DGW

• 9 months later...

Bought my car there in March. Nice sales guy, not too pushy. All in all I was very pleased with the experience and deal. I will probably go there for services, etc. as the dealer in Fareham seems to get more 'iffy' feedback despite being closer.

• 1 year later...

New car sales - appalling. My salesman cocked up just about every single point. I emailed him 3 times during the wait for delivery to enquire about a personalised number plate and the detail of the tow bar fitting that I had ordered. No reply or response. In the same email I asked for a delivery date and eventually got one, so they must have received my emails but didn't want to respond to my requests.

Eventually went to pick up the car, they'd forgotten to fit the tow bar!

Had to return to have it fitted.

Then had to return again because they broke some trim which had to be replaced.

Then had to return again because they forgot to re-code the rear parking sensors.

I had no discussion on my service regime. The service booklet was hurriedly stamped as I was about to drive away first time. All I got was a smudged stamp and a date. No other details of the car, PDI or anything. I've now got to go back and get that sorted. That will be the last time that they see me. :thumbdown:

• 1 year later...

Used these guys to buy my wife a Monte Carlo 1.2 TSi 105 demonstrator. I only have praise for Paul the salesman. In all my years of buying cars, I can honestly say, this was the best ever experience. All of the faults on the car were rectified and when we arrived to collect, it looked brand new. All of the black alloys had been refurbished (there we are few chips and dings when we first saw the car) and a new tyre fitted to the front off-side. All done with no teeth-sucking or haggling. Gave me what I wanted for my wife's Aygo so, all in all, I would thoroughly recommend them.

It's a real shame that my local dealership (Sparshatts of Fareham) don't come close to this level of service.

• 5 months later...

First Service

3531 Miles

I bought my car from this dealer and had a good experience. I am not local to the area (live approx. 70 miles away) but dealer was recommended and is near my parents so thought i would give them the first service work rather than dealers in my local Bromley/Orpington area. I called in advance and wanted a Saturday slot and they said they are available and was booked in for 9.30 am with a midday return as they close at lunchtime on Saturdays.

Was quoted £ 115 flat rate and they would program two items on the maxi dot for me.

Arrived and was welcomed in and explained what they do on the first service. Also asked if I wanted or did not want a top up bottle of oil. I mentioned one small problem which they said they would check and also asked if they would program auto door locking (anti hi-jack) and open all doors with one press of the remote rather than two. They said they would do this for free.

Was called at 11.50 am told its ready. Went back to the dealer and was explained all that was done and shown a check list. They confirmed they programmed the car with the 2 changes for no cost.

Actual price as £ 114.56 so pleased with that. They took me through next years 2nd service and told me what they do and the approx cost (as of now is £ 240).

Very pleasing and easy visit to a dealer. A bit of a trek for me, but combined it with a visit to my parents so was worth it.

My local dealers out of interest quoted £ 130 for the first service as I did enquire with Skoda in Beckenham and Dartford, with Dartford telling me they may charge additional for reprogramming the locking.

Would highly recommend them and if all things are equal will be using them for second service next year.

Hope this of use for others.

I went to this new local dealership (Skoda franchise since May/June) last week to discuss the service that is now due for my Octavia. The Service Manager (who was clearly rather aggravated) told me their computer system was unable to connect to the Skoda UK system (or something like that) and he'd been waiting for Skoda to get it fixed for the last 6 weeks. He said he couldn't therefore book the service in for me or give any idea when his system will be fixed. He told me he was constantly having to turn Skoda owners away and was losing business as a result. After 32 years of motoring this was my first experience of a Skoda Service Dept, and I was, frankly, appalled that this situation could have been allowed to go on for such a long time. When I got home I submitted a query online to the Skoda Customer Service Dept asking when this situation was likely to be resolved. Several days later, and having received no reply I today tried Sparshatts at Chichester, only to find out that they are now closed. I'm not sure where I'll be trying next, but am very disappointed with Skoda UK's customer service.

Now new dealership in chichester now and i can say excellent service, cant be faulted, ask for Andy stoner top bloke and will bend over backwards to help, and with discounts.

• 1 year later...

This dealer has gone down hill in the last 6 months or so. We bought 2 Skoda’s from these guys in the past. The sales and service were exceptional.

Tried to get a car booked in for a service on multiple occasions around September 2013 and they could not be bothered, so the service and mot went else where. Also just bought a new car and the service was no where near as good as it was and I would say at this time I would not buy another 1 from them. My car is due for change and I would think of Crawley down or the dealer that is now in Horsham.

• 3 years later...

This dealer is now known as Euro Skoda, which I believe is part of a larger group. I shall have to check it out when my first service is due as my selling dealer is too far away for servicing.

Fred

• 1 year later...

Yes they are Euro Skoda Worthing  now, part of the JCB group I think.

Any body used them recently?

I bought my Octavia via drive the deal and they are my nominated dealer.

Will be collecting from them soon (although they are over 160 miles away so unlikely to be able to go back for servicing) 

Cheers

Steve