VAG alternator compatibilty?

I mtrying to find if any other VAG alternators will fit my Fabia 2002 1.4 MPi (with air con). Currently its a 90 amp Bosch part number 037 903 025M which I m to replace 2nd hand but struggle to find exact one.

Does any know how the VAG part numbering works on their alternators and whether other VAG alternators will fit. eg Will a 90 amp Bosch 037 903 025F or a 90 amp Bosch 037 903 025**(what ever letter)

Cheeers

Can you provide the bosch part number? this will be for instance 0 124 325 001

If you can give me the numbers of the original and also the ones you are thinking about fitting I can look it up for you if I get chance before I go on hols...

Stott,

Thanks for offer. I will see if I can the Bosch numbers. be anle to get the original one. Not sure about being able to get them for possible ones I might try to fit but wil see.