How much longer does she have doc?

just done the head gasket on my skoda felicia, havent started it yet but i think its gone well, just gotta change the oil (its full of water), pursuaded my mum to get some next time shes shopping, (im a 17 - 18 in aug - year old student, so i have v.little money, lol) so will start it soon, but one thing

its runs alright regardlessly but there is corrosion in cyclinders 2 and 3, and i thought, well it means its going to give up one day, my dad reckons a year or so but i suppose it depends on milage, how long do you reckon, i was gunna drive it for a year atleast then sell it while it still works, what do people on here reckon? its a shame really, i like the car, its in good condition (apart from the loose jubulie (sp?) clip on radiator pipe that lead to the blown head gasket) but thats sorted, and would it survive a run from northampton to hull? as that may be where im going to university.

thanks in adv for adivce, also its like on the inside of the liners and on the tops of pistons, how easy would those be to replace if it where to sease up?

tyvmia :)

cba to dismantle it again, but its like not rough atall, but there is a bit of light orange colouring on the internal wall of the liner and top of the piston towards the front of the cylinder just at the top (top 2 - 3 inches about) in cyclinders 2 - 3, probably from recently when the head gasket went, seeing as it sat for about a month after it had gone.

should start it either this weekend, or early next week (mon - tue) once the oils changed and i can then post how it sounds/runs.

Have you had the head off for a period of time then?

Very unusual to get corrosion inside the cylinder.

about 24 hours, there was water sitting in there when it was taken off, only a small amount, dried and cleaned it before putting it back on. didnt leave the bonnet open though, it didnt get any rain on atall whilst it was apart.