remapping vrs?

Is remapping a mk1 octy vrs safe to do? I've been toying with the idea for ages now im just worries i'll do damage to it which (a) i cannot afford to fix and (B) it's my daily driver and cant afford a runabout ideas please?

Also has anyone converted their headlights from standard to xenon using the kit i've seen one for £199 inc vat but didn't know if they are easy to do and are they any good again ideas mush appreciated.:D

No it's not safe, no-one has tried it either.

If I were you I would sell your car now because of this fact alone.

Or you could try the search button located at the top of the page and have a look at 3,484,384 threads on this subject, which will prove that I am infact talking out of my a$$, and remaps are perfectly safe provided the mapper knows what they are doing.

Do you catch my drift ?????:D

Alright calm down I was only pulling your leg.

It's just it's been done to death and all those people get a little tired of answering the same questions. There is tons of info floating around.

It couldn't have been sacarstic as I put a :D on the end

Oh yeah it's spelt sarcasm :P

if only u were beside me i'd slap u lol i was just tryin to make a valid point sorry once again

:thumbup:

Relax buddy don't apoligse, it's all in good faith I didn't mean any offence

Mapping is perfectly safe and is the best mod you can do for money, there are loads of options/companies out there so do you research don't rush and enjoy it,

Expensive doesn't automatically mean the best as cheap doesn't mean the worst either. Do your research, knowledge is power ;)

someone told me that remapping actaully improves mpg is this true or bull?

:cool:

It does usually, though most see a drop at first due to the urge to boot it, you should see a little improvement :)

get her remapped m8.. :thumbup:

iv'e a cuple of no's if u want them..

20 /25% increase if u tel insurance comp

i lost mpg but ive a very hard rite foot... :eek:

pm gaff he had his mk 1 remapped.. ;)

keep her lit... :thumbup:

get her remapped m8.. :thumbup:

iv'e a cuple of no's if u want them..

20 /25% increase if u tel insurance comp

i lost mpg but ive a very hard rite foot... :eek:

pm gaff he had his mk 1 remapped.. ;)

keep her lit... :thumbup:

yes m8 that'll be great i have one number for chippedNI :thumbup: but it doesn't to ask around and see what ppl have to offer :rolleyes:

Apparently OBD Autotune in Ballymena Auto-Tune Remapping Remap petrol diesel Engine Tuning is the best local guy to go to for remaps, you'll be looking around 200 squid for a generic map or 300 for something a bit more custom. Claims to give 224bhp, but reckon you will be more like 210 tbh. Been making excuses not to get it done for a year now, but the best reason has presented itself, my missus is now driving the vRS...............:eek:

Apparently OBD Autotune in Ballymena Auto-Tune Remapping Remap petrol diesel Engine Tuning is the best local guy to go to for remaps, you'll be looking around 200 squid for a generic map or 300 for something a bit more custom. Claims to give 224bhp, but reckon you will be more like 210 tbh. Been making excuses not to get it done for a year now, but the best reason has presented itself, my missus is now driving the vRS...............:eek:

lol get it back off her :P cos if u dont u'll never get it back :rofl:

where bouts u from m8?

somewhere between Ballymena and Coleraine, was commuting 100 miles daily into Belfast for the last year in the vRS. 30k miles in 12 months! is yours LKZ something something? pretty sure ive seen you heading towards greencastle on the M2 foreshore. forgive my nosyness but you dont see too many of these around, which is half the reason i bought one.........

Guest tom500

I highly recommend obd autotune, Never heard a bad report yet. Dont happened to work for renault do you?

Remapping fine if from a reputable tuner, do a search on here for recomendations, avoid cheap maps, you get what you pay for.

Re the lights fit rally Bulbs 100 - 130 watt, ran those for years in my Octy 1 & absolutely no problems with the Electrics, all good independant leccy retaileers should be able to source them or try the interweb. Make sure your lights are correctly adjusted, max legally allowed is 65 Watts so if they are high it will draw plods attention to you.

somewhere between Ballymena and Coleraine, was commuting 100 miles daily into Belfast for the last year in the vRS. 30k miles in 12 months! is yours LKZ something something? pretty sure ive seen you heading towards greencastle on the M2 foreshore. forgive my nosyness but you dont see too many of these around, which is half the reason i bought one.........

yep you wud be very correct that is me lol