Anti roll bar hitting intercooler

i have a knocking metellic noise coming from the front of my mk1 vrs so i assumed it was the famous anti roll bar bushes again but when i got the car ramped it seems roll bar is fine but the drivers side control rod is hitting the intercooler metal pipe :eek:just in front of the wheel any ideas what i should do next my skoda mech can't see it till friday morning.

it's all secure, intercooler is standard. i am just going by what i was told by guy who owns the ramp, it's like a metal pipe drivers side in front of the brake caliper and the edge of roll bar seems to bounce of it when going over bumps - the metal pipe is getting hit where it bends and is marked as such?:mad:

genius the roll bar had shifted sideways by an inch odd with a good hard tug it came back to position but the bushes or the bar must be knackered for that to happen. on friday i'll see if the 15mm tt bushes will hold it if not it's a new bar. thanks for speedy help and i'll let you know how i get on.:)

me too

IIRC when i enquired it was £60ish all in with new mounts and bushes,(i think)

if you do that though jus get the bar and get some powerflex or superpro bushes for it, and also get a rear ARB. whiteline 22mm adj 150

neuspeed 25/28mm bit more money

i gonna get the bare when i get all the front bushes done along wi some weitek GT coils.

good luck mate,

how old is ur car? what sort of milage?