Squeak on front brakes, were do i put the copperease please?

Hi there,

Ive replaced my front brkae pads, but there squeaking even for a few seconds after i release them.

Aparantly ive been told i should have a applied copper ease behond the pads to cure this.

Im going to take them back off today, anyone advise were exactly to apply it, with a picture would be great.

Thanks all.

I've not got a picture but grease surfaces on the caliper that the pad slides along when being applied and released. It becomes very obvious when you look and manually move the pad. Also a clean along the slidders with a good stiff brush should help.

With copper grease less is more - you don't need much but apply to all surfaces that the back of the pad makes contact with the caliper. Obviously keep the stuff away from the friction material on the pad and the brake disc.