engine codes??

hi all hope you can help me im new to all this. i have a skoda fabia 1.4 16v 100hp engine code AUB.

the first problam i have is my power steering no longer works that must be the power steering pump yeh?? the secound i had was why at work my doors unlocked them self, the windows droped and i could not make this stop so i just took the lead off the battery because of where the car was etc. put the lead back on and the car would not tick over. got the car home took the fuse out for the moment so the windows would stay up till i could get it sorted, i took the fuse out for the central locking.

took the lead back off the battery again and put it back on the car seemed bit better would tick over but now runs lumpy at low RPM.

got my self an engine code reader, the codes where

18020, 17559, 16786, 17566.

i under stand from reading your site that code 18020 is an ECU problam?? and there is a code you can put in to reset this??? 00071?? how do you do this where do you put the code in and how.

the next is code 17559 i understand this to be somthink to do with air flow or air leaks??

any help on any of my problams would help me a grate deal as ive just had a baby with my girlfriend and we are trying to save money. i cant aford to got to the skoda dealers just dont have the money.

help please mike

Replied to your pm about the 18020.

16786 here:

16786/P0402/001026 - Ross-Tech Wiki

Quite common on the 16V, likely to be a blocked EGR pipe under the throttle body. Remove the throttle body and the pipe where it connects to the EGR valve and give them a good clean.

17566 here:

17566/P1158 - Ross-Tech Wiki

This could be a faulty sensor (quite expensive), or it could be a case of water in the wiring loom that runs down behind the ECU. A fair bit of work in removing the insulation to check but if you do it your self a potentially cheap fix. If there is water in the loom it could also affect other systems like the ABS and power steering.

P1151

Bank1, Long Term Fuel Trim, Range 1 Leanness Lower Limit Exceeded

This could possibly be related to the EGR fault. The EGR valve is fully open and the ECU adjusts the incoming mixture to compensate for the large in rush of exhaust gasses, however unknown to the ECU the EGR pipe is blocked and the gasses aren't getting into the inlet.

The EGR and wiring loom issues have cropped up before, a good search should give you more information.

Disconnecting the battery may mean that a throttle body alignment is required. I know on my Octavia it would be. This has to be done using Vag- com.

Hope this helps.

• 2 years later...

Dear Fabia expert,

I read this post, which I hope to get same help and advice as well.

i have a same skoda fabia 1.4 16v 100hp engine code AUB. I have the following two fault codes from the error code reader:

18020 - How to reset this code?

My car engine is a bit lumpy when accelerating on a steep hill using 2nd gear (more obvious in third gear), I could easily hear the leaking sound, it seems like there is a air blocked or perhaps leaking somewhere.

Last week, I replaced a new EGR valve myself and erased the error codes. However, after 6 miles, the same fault codes appear again. Still can hear the leaking sounds.

I tried the throttle body before, which didn't help as well.

It is interesting to know how to take out the EGR pipe from the engine and clean it. It seems like very hard to get it out.

Sorry for the long message. But, desperately needs some advice.

Thank you so much, Kuan

Replied to your pm about the 18020.

16786 here:

16786/P0402/001026 - Ross-Tech Wiki

Quite common on the 16V, likely to be a blocked EGR pipe under the throttle body. Remove the throttle body and the pipe where it connects to the EGR valve and give them a good clean.

17566 here:

17566/P1158 - Ross-Tech Wiki

This could be a faulty sensor (quite expensive), or it could be a case of water in the wiring loom that runs down behind the ECU. A fair bit of work in removing the insulation to check but if you do it your self a potentially cheap fix. If there is water in the loom it could also affect other systems like the ABS and power steering.

P1151

Bank1, Long Term Fuel Trim, Range 1 Leanness Lower Limit Exceeded

This could possibly be related to the EGR fault. The EGR valve is fully open and the ECU adjusts the incoming mixture to compensate for the large in rush of exhaust gasses, however unknown to the ECU the EGR pipe is blocked and the gasses aren't getting into the inlet.

The EGR and wiring loom issues have cropped up before, a good search should give you more information.