Octy Front Speakers

I blew a speaker the other week and have bought some more, but they're a bit deeper than the Infinitys - which only just fit.

DSC00290.jpg

So.. how deep a spacer can I fit, and still be able to attach the grille back on ?

Oh, and be careful removing the grilles - it was cold and I was rushing, bad plan!!

DSC00294.jpg

you say 52mm, where did you get your info from? did you measure that yourself?

Got the same car and planning to place the biggest speakers the car will allow so would need to make sure this is indeed 52mm

Ta

you say 52mm, where did you get your info from? did you measure that yourself?

Got the same car and planning to place the biggest speakers the car will allow so would need to make sure this is indeed 52mm

Ta

My Infinitys were 52mm deep and they touched at the back when fitted.

I fitted 64mm deep speakers to mine and it requires very little modding.All you have to do is cut the corner off of the lower window bracket and repaint the bare edge and you can fit a lot deeper speakers.Just check magnet size first.

I just fitted a set of Alpine E type components to my octy, tweeters fitted in original mounts pretty much how rob has fitted his, and all i had to do was slightly bend the lower bracket to clear the magnet on the woofer, mounted the crossover where the polystyrene thing was on the doorcard (pulled them out) sounds really nice compared to standard, still running factory head unit with a vw ipod adapter and that works a treat :D just to make a custom sub box to go in the boot floor behind the spare wheel now.....

I kept the OEM speakers and fitted a Kenwood Headunit. Make a real difference. The OEM speakers are - in my opnion - not bad at all. Obvioulsy this is because I can now test it with a cd as opposed to the radio...

The reason i replaced mine was the rh side sounded like the speaker was knackered!, put the new set in and the same noise was there :eek: so i quickly checked all the bolts on the rh door and then tweaked the lower window reg mount behind the magnet and that sorted it.... so probably didnt need to replace them but the new ones are definantly an improvement and with adjustable crossovers for the tweeters you can get the front sound stage sounding rather pleasant :D